Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So much food  (Read 1170 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
So much food
« on: March 02, 2012, 12:15:25 pm »

I wouldn't mind, if the amount of food products gained from butchering, and milling / processing was decreased. There's just no challenge in feeding dwarves, and all those hunderds of food items hurt FPS
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
Re: So much food
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 12:24:43 pm »

Well, I suppose one can look at it two ways:
There's the negatives, where food takes up stockpiles and valuable FPS, and generally adds to post-survival boredome
Then, there's the positives - You can spend more time focusing on megaprojects and thriving industrialization, and you always have stuff to trade.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 12:32:31 pm »

Really?  Because I've noted a SHARP drop in farming returns in more recent versions.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 12:35:30 pm »

Extra time to build that that massive gold tower under the bottom layer for your nobles.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 04:01:15 pm »

Really?  Because I've noted a SHARP drop in farming returns in more recent versions.

This, rapidly losing food stocks is MUCH more common...

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 04:02:30 pm »

do dwarves eat more or do farms produce less?

it has to be one or the other right?
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 04:07:30 pm »

Maybe. Could be both. Or, hypothetically, neither. Maybe vermin eat food more?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 04:09:13 pm »

I'd wager it's a decrease in yield. I haven't noticed any change to the eating patterns of the starting 7 in the first year and I hardly feel any decrease in food yield because by the 2nd year I'm running on eggs while buying every food from every caravan because I like variety in my cooked foods.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 04:19:27 pm »

There should be a new Megabeast which is a giant vermin of some type.  If you cat doesn't kill it in time, it'll consume 100+ units of food per month.