Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Heroes and generals. Interesting mix of multiplayer macro strategy and FPS.  (Read 23600 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea...  I'd say don't join 'real' missions where your side only has infantry and the enemy has a nice array of units...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile

Yea...  I'd say don't join 'real' missions where your side only has infantry and the enemy has a nice array of units...

Our side had tanks, but no one could drive them because apparently you need to be a certain level to use them, and the few we had were outclassed because the low level American tanks are completely inferior to low level German tanks.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile

I've often considered switching my infantry man over toa tanker. If only because I've wiped out enough tanks with AT mines and Panzerfausts to unlock the hellcat TD.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

had a pretty awesome moment last time as we tried to assault the trainstation+fuel depot from the NW mountain path just as 2 infantry squads, we didnt even had vehicles... and the enemy had 2 tank squads and 4 sorts of infantry squads.
so we struggled pretty hard to take the train station after 20 min but quickly got pushed back up the mountain by the rolling in tanks.
then we had a bit of a stalemate for 10 min until their tanks actually moved up the hill instead of defending the train station.
so we hunkered down in the few buildings we had, cursing the generals throwing us infantry against a tank army.
then really loud noise came out of nowhere, thinking that the tanks finally are rolling over us we looked up to the sky through the broken building roof just as 4 of our fighter planes flew over us dropping bombs all over the place destroying tanks here and there for the rest of the match.

never felt getting reinforcements any better... sadly we still couldnt push them back in time again, but that general that helped us out with fighter cover made it a pretty awesome moment.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile

That sounds pretty damn awesome honestly. Now that I think about it, I don't seem to recall much in the way of a german airforce. Although I don't think the allies have much of a airforce either.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm downloading this and trying it out though i am afraid that it is too much of arcadey for me :(
Keeping my fingers up. Used to like Bf1942 though :D

In game name as Coldron when get to it.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Wulp, this game make my graphic drivers crash. No playing for me.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

because the low level American tanks are completely inferior to low level German tanks.

As a PzIIC driver currently, wat? M5s just face rip through our tanks.  The Pz1 you start out with is absolutely useless against anything except infantry and jeeps, about the only thing it -is- good at is carrying Panzerfausts for the infantry to use.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 05:25:12 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok. Feels pretty fun. Games are pretty short and people just do not use any tactics so they are easy prey.
Voip would be nice touch to this.

Edit. There is Bay12 channel up if interested.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:07:17 am by Imofexios »

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile

because the low level American tanks are completely inferior to low level German tanks.

As a PzIIC driver currently, wat? M5s just face rip through our tanks.  The Pz1 you start out with is absolutely useless against anything except infantry and jeeps, about the only thing it -is- good at is carrying Panzerfausts for the infantry to use.

Well, in every game I've played thus far, the Germans have a seemingly endless supply of tanks whereas the Americans have two or three that are immediately destroyed (this might be because my teammates tend to be new, but oh well).

Anyhow, I discovered that one can completely change the tides of battle by sniping and sneaking around to steal points behind enemy advances. Unfortunately, (A) to actually start with a sniper rifle you need to level up quite a lot for some inexplicable reason so I had to steal them from enemy snipers, and (B) guerrilla warfare only goes so far.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, in a head to head fight with the best light tanks that cost roughly the same, the M5A1 Stuart will win against the Panze Aust T each time.  I've noticed though, most allied tank drivers don't do corner facing or positioning into a ditch to deflect tank shells, so they're easily destroyed.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Axis in this war, I prefer its starter weapon.  Yea, whatever I may have built up before, all gone now.
I'm more of a spray and pray bastard and the semi-auto is a better fit then the bolt action. 

Also, last battle was kinda epic, stalled on the first objective, then when the timer counts down to 3-4 minutes... we push all the way to the end for the win.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

if this continues i probably unlock the medium tank with the light tank ribbon before even buying the pz2c with the 20mm cannon...
nearly "unlocked" the 38t tank already and not even close to having enough money to buy the pz2C.
40k for a tank is quite a bit if you just earn around 2-3k every match or so...
and knowing their prices the 38t probably costs like 100k...
i guess i will buy the pz2C once i have the ~40k credits for it and not "skip it and go for the 38t" instead... i think i rather gain another 100k with the pz2C than another 60k with the dual machine gun pz1.
the 20mm cannon should be "more effective" against the Stuart then the twin mgs that barely even penetrate at all... think just because of "randomly" hitting a hatch or so.

i guess it was good that i couldnt decide what path to take with my first soldier who still is infantry (i guess i might get him to recon then...) and created a 2nd char that is now the tanker (kind of funny to scavenge for a gun first as i just had enough money to switch to the tank path but didnt know i couldnt use the normal rifle anymore and had no money to buy the smg for a few matches). so with 2 soldiers available and when the team runs out of tanks i get the choice to continue with the infantry soldier if there is a spot left in one of the infantry teams.

edit:
oh is there a way to repair your tank? i know i can re-ammo at some capture points (even worked once in a enemy held point), but not sure if i can repair too somewhere. (hmm maybe it does repair too when you reammo like healing works for infantry at the crates... maybe need to check that next time... i guess you cant really rearm/repair a plane then as you cant land it anywhere... well except the airfield map, but i doubt it works.)
and how do you use the squad leader attack/defend commands? did rebind the keys for that but pointing/aiming to a capture point and hitting the key doesnt seem to do anything. or do i have to mess somehow with that "handheld map" or with the spawn overview map?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 11:57:22 pm by Nelia Hawk »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Never found out how to repair the tank on the field, I don't think you can.  Also Nelia, I recommend you skipping the Panzer II C (20mm cannon) and go straight to the Panzer 38T (37.2mm), the latter actually gives you a fighting chance against stuarts.  Good maneuvering with a 38T can get you tons of stuart kills, and since it's a small amount of large damage shells, they have less of a chance to notice and attack back.  The Panzer II C meanwhile, plinks away at their armor and they'll see your tracer fire and destroy you before you destroy them.   As for costs, the 38T costs 56,800 while the Panzer II C costs 42,600.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm thinking of using a jeep to roadkill infantry from behind as my tactic, while circling around buildings while evading tanks. Since there's no way I'm facing a Panzer head on.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7