Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Normal Legends?  (Read 454 times)

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Normal Legends?
« on: March 01, 2012, 06:32:05 pm »

I genned a large world with 1050 history last night, looking at it this morning, there were 1.3 MILLION historical events; the Age of Heroes had 900k alone.

So basically,  is this normal, and if so, how do you guys even look through this? I see the occasional post about finding this or that in legends mode; that's an insane amount of stuff to look through...
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Normal Legends?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:59:41 pm »

That would have been a bit higher than normal for 0.31.25, but not really unusual.  I think thats about normal for 0.34.x since there are more events being tracked now.

As for looking through it all, well, usually you have one particular aspect you want to follow.  A single dwarven king (and his family) or a particular (semi-)mega beast or a civilization.  Things aren't quite so difficult when you focus on something like that.  You can still end up reading most of the entries in legends mode, but at least this way it makes more sense and isn't quite as overwhelming. ;)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Normal Legends?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 09:10:40 am »

I discovered legends viewer last week. Sorry I don't have the link up but if you can find it its very useful. Its not 100% with the new version but its close enough that I can read through it and double check particularly interesting things in the game directly.