Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: no spoilerite? [Spoilers]  (Read 3294 times)

MrAnderson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
no spoilerite? [Spoilers]
« on: March 01, 2012, 04:21:22 pm »

today I downloaded the newest version of df and genned a new world. to see what i will get, i used dfHack-reveal and prospect, which showed me no adamantine. Alerted, I raced down the z-levels, only to find this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
as in "no adamantine, just curious black UNREVEALED blocks". Even with dfHack-reveal, those tiles do not show, also no hell is visible, just a full black layer below the magma sea. When I dig down there, they are just normal stone tiles.
As I thought, well, maybe my PC was unhappy about the new version, so I genned a new world but it has the same problem.
Method I got this world: "Start new world" in the main menu, so no special parameters... Also I didn't mod anything, I only got an old save (34.02) into the save-folder and changed the init and d-init for popcap. Any clue on this?

Viscaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: no spoilerite? [Spoilers]
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 04:27:10 pm »

use 'reveal hell' cmd

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 04:27:56 pm »

maybe you just didn't had adamantine veins on your embark. It happens on small embarks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 04:29:31 pm »

maybe you just didn't had adamantine veins on your embark. It happens on small embarks.

Hello Mr Anderson. Basically the above, or dig to those black blocks. If they are just normal stones...

DIG THEM ALL!

Then you can say you have no adamantine.

And why are you using DF reveal anyways? :(

MrAnderson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 04:30:56 pm »

use 'reveal hell' cmd

ah, ok, that did it, didnt't know there was a separate command. and as prospect only shows revealed tiles as it seems, I had no adamantine. So thx for the tip :)

i only used reveal to use the "prospect" tool as to see what to expect and to see how deep the aquifer is

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 04:56:17 pm »

Hello Mr Anderson. Basically the above, or dig to those black blocks. If they are just normal stones...

DIG THEM ALL!

Then you can say you have no adamantine.

And why are you using DF reveal anyways? :(

I use reveal hell --> prospect --> unreveal at the start of most maps just to see what I have - but this doesn't tell me where it is, especially considering I usually do multiple biome embarks.  I understood it as the OP does the same thing but found the lack of adamantine odd because he used the wrong command so he took a look.

To the OP:

"reveal" reveals the map except hell related stuff, which is hidden.
"reveal hell" reveals the entire map but doesn't permit the map to be unpaused until it is unrevealed.
"reveal demon" reveals the entire map and allows you to unpause it.  Use with caution, or much !!FUN!! is had.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Viscaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 05:00:39 pm »

you can also just use the 'prospect all' command  if thats all you want to do

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 05:10:06 pm »

Perhaps, and just a suggestion, you should read the readme and help within DFHack and other mods before you try them :)

MrAnderson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 05:36:51 pm »

i assume it worked like the old ways in df2010. I will use prospect all from now on  :)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 06:09:17 pm »

You could also you "prospect all" to avoid the "must be seen" issue.

Guedez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 06:22:53 pm »

you can prospect even before embarking btw

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 07:10:20 pm »

i assume it worked like the old ways in df2010. I will use prospect all from now on  :)
DFHack is new and improved in DF2012. Check out the help files within the program folder, they're much easier to read than trying to do it in the DFHack window.

The idea of the basic reveal command is to reveal the rock while making it impossible to get a glimpse of how hollow the spires are, accidentally or otherwise.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.