Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Migrant waves fixed?  (Read 2348 times)

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Migrant waves fixed?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 09:36:14 pm »

From what I understand, born children don't count towards toward the pop cap and your starting 7 count in some ways but not others, plus some waves come regardless of pop cap(the first 2?). So technically the pop cap was working perfectly and doing exactly what it should be doing, it just isn't actually a population cap, it is a population of immigrated non-children non-first 2 wave dorfs(unless they die) cap.

claer_runway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 10:21:01 pm »

Another one appeared at the edge of the map with no legs, and he just fell over and stayed there -- I hadn't made a hospital yet.

I like how the game doesn't bother counting things like that until you see them directly. Like how you can set a cats body temperature to 10000000000 urists and they don't explode until the game proper starts
You can't program common sense.

like Skies of Arcadia?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/clearrunway

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 03:23:24 pm »

Another one appeared at the edge of the map with no legs, and he just fell over and stayed there -- I hadn't made a hospital yet.

I like how the game doesn't bother counting things like that until you see them directly. Like how you can set a cats body temperature to 10000000000 urists and they don't explode until the game proper starts

If a cat is at 10000000000 urists and there's no one around to see it, does it burn?
Pages: 1 [2]