Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ranged weapons and the Z axis  (Read 855 times)

Whodyacryem

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Ranged weapons and the Z axis
« on: May 17, 2008, 08:32:00 am »

Hey I was just wondering if ranged weapons can fire between levels of the Z axis. Meaning if I put a bunker on top of a hill watching my fort entrance can archers shoot down at targets?
nyone who says be quiet is a hypocrite.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Ranged weapons and the Z axis
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 08:38:00 am »

Yup. The main point of towers is the fact that fortifications have a chance of blocking missiles if they are shot far away from the fortification, while ones shot right next to it have a much lower chance of being blocked

The best way of making sure enemies are far away from the crossbow-holes is height.

For some reason, every time I hear bunker I think of the Starcraft kind.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 11:23:00 am »

this only applies to crossbows/bows, though. as far as i know seige weapons wont cross zlevels. although i did hear that if there is enough open space, theyh will stop and fall straight down. no idea if that is true though.
-Toast-_

The Chemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 09:56:00 pm »

Yeah, they definitly can go across elevations, i just had some snarky goblin bastards snipe a war dog that was 5 levels above them on a bluff they couldn't reach. I need to finish that waterfall project and wall off the place.