Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191427 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #1320 on: April 06, 2013, 03:34:43 am »

general notfuckuppery

:D

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 08, 2013, 06:32:56 am »

Shit? Surely you meant merde.
Valid in france and canada since 18xx well forever.

Nha, in Canada it would be marde.

BTW, do Sims every morning all run to the nearest toilet, then if someone is in run to the next closest, and then those that didn't found one go clutter your highway to find one in another city?  :P

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 08, 2013, 06:37:07 am »

Pretty much... and about that word, well merde if more for the french outside quebec. In quebec itself its more marde than merde but eh well... its like that color colour thing between US and England thing i believe.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 08, 2013, 02:53:15 pm »

Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 08, 2013, 02:59:17 pm »

In game advertisements has been something that has been expected to happen for the last...20 years
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 08, 2013, 03:06:49 pm »

I still haven't gone back to it since the Saturday after release, and I don't think I will.

Worst £30 I have ever, ever, spent.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1326 on: April 08, 2013, 03:22:38 pm »

In game advertisements has been something that has been expected to happen for the last...20 years
Yeah... this isn't anything new. Sims3 did this with the prius car ingame. Honestly I'm okay with this, its free and you don't have to redeem or build it if you don't want to. They could have included it automatically and forced you to see nissan charging stations popping up everywhere in your commercial areas.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 08, 2013, 03:48:02 pm »

Yeah... this isn't anything new. Sims3 did this with the prius car ingame. Honestly I'm okay with this, its free and you don't have to redeem or build it if you don't want to. They could have included it automatically and forced you to see nissan charging stations popping up everywhere in your commercial areas.

The thing is if in game advertisements were always in that form in The Sims 3 it would be perfectly fine. In The Sims 3 the car was just a car, it didn't come with billboards, it didn't play any advertisements, it was just a really good car that you could buy that had an interesting description if you chose to read it. Heck I would have absolutely NO PROBLEM with The sims always having real life cars that weren't DLC because they way it was done was so unintrusive that I wouldn't mind one bit if I saw a Toyota in The Sims 4.

It is when it is a bit more intrusive with billboards showing advertisements that it gets annoying. Though since this still isn't forced I have no issue, it is not really well done but whatever, so long as they don't force the charging station then I'll leave this as "Stupid stuff you can download".

Heck the Kitkatbar sodapop machines in Theme Hospital were weird. What were they drinking kitkat bars?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:00:03 pm by Neonivek »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 08, 2013, 03:56:18 pm »

This is possibly the first Mary Sue that I have seen that is also a fuel station.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1329 on: April 08, 2013, 04:27:03 pm »

This is possibly the first Mary Sue that I have seen that is also a fuel station.
I... what?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 08, 2013, 04:30:22 pm »

I... what?

Ahem "Adding the Charging Station will not take power, water or workers away from your city. The Charging Station produces no garbage or sewage as well making it pollution free"
"Once they leave the Sims will find themselves happier. ... Plopping down the Nissan LEAF® Charging Station will add happiness to nearby buildings"

If you look at how the Charging station works it is basically a Mary Sue of fuel stations. It even makes people who charge up happier!

In other words this is a "Cheat object"

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 08, 2013, 04:39:46 pm »

I... what?
Let me just post some quotes from that forum post.
Significant benefits
the Charging Station provides happiness to the Sims that use it and a onetime wave of happiness to the nearby businesses

No drawbacks
Adding the Charging Station will not take power, water or workers away from your city.
Need another bonus? It produces no sewage or garbage. That’s right! Green indeed.

That's pretty much the definition of a Mary Sue.

EDIT: Sometimes I wonder how I can take so long inbetween starting and posting a post.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 08, 2013, 05:10:42 pm »

Honestly I don't trust that fill up pump.

It doesn't run on electricity and it makes people happier just by using it... Maybe, just maybe, it is an alien plot

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 08, 2013, 05:52:24 pm »

tl;dr massive pile of shit.

I'm sorry, but it had to be said. You have called this game shit in every way. Now do something else.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 08, 2013, 08:34:19 pm »

SIm city 5 makes me want to but sim city 4 instead. Both because I remember simcity 2000 and want to show how much better simcity 4 is through sales.

Sadly, I dare not for fear of the constant stream of complaints on it not working on windows 7 computers.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 98