Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191633 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #1110 on: March 16, 2013, 08:47:34 am »

Pics? thats a hell of a claim o.O

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 16, 2013, 08:48:28 am »

Pics? thats a hell of a claim o.O

He's talking about simoleons from the context
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 16, 2013, 08:54:18 am »

My city is currently at 1.7 million, but I have absolutely nothing to spend the money on.
Start setting up a stockpile center for your greatwork where you will import stuff required ( if you dont produce them ). Start a new city and send money to help start it. I made an arcology thingy and it coested me about 12mil with imports ( i was producing TVs ) so i imported everything else. Experiement since you now have a *money generator*, if you screw up you can always send yourself more money!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 16, 2013, 09:03:52 am »

Request charge back
Get banned
Never buy another shitty EA game again
???
Profit.

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 16, 2013, 09:07:05 am »

Right. Simoleons.

Is there any way to have SimCity running in the background?
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 16, 2013, 09:08:36 am »

Right. Simoleons.

Is there any way to have SimCity running in the background?

Alt+tab? :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 16, 2013, 09:10:00 am »

I STILL can't connect to the Bay 12 region. It shows up in my Region select and I can select my city. But when it goes to load the city it comes back saying it can't load it. WTH? It's been doing this for the past like 6 days now. I can access all my other regions on other servers. I may start a new Region on the Server that the Bay Region is and see if I can play that one. I'll report back whenever I quit or asap if I can't play.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1117 on: March 16, 2013, 09:28:18 am »

Request charge back
Get banned
???
Profit.
Are you going to just keep posting the same sort of things? You hate EA, you hate SimCity. We get it. I mean you're welcome to continue posting how much you hate them, obviously, I'm just wondering if that is the plan. I realize its super popular to hate on EA or whatever but did they come out and kick your dog or something? Seems like you're taking a moderately fun game with a failed launch a bit personally.

I STILL can't connect to the Bay 12 region. It shows up in my Region select and I can select my city. But when it goes to load the city it comes back saying it can't load it. WTH? It's been doing this for the past like 6 days now. I can access all my other regions on other servers. I may start a new Region on the Server that the Bay Region is and see if I can play that one. I'll report back whenever I quit or asap if I can't play.
Have you contacted their support team? This happened to me and I sent an email in, they were able to do something and then it worked fine for me in a private region.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 16, 2013, 09:46:42 am »

Request charge back
Get banned
???
Profit.
Are you going to just keep posting the same sort of things? You hate EA, you hate SimCity. We get it. I mean you're welcome to continue posting how much you hate them, obviously, I'm just wondering if that is the plan. I realize its super popular to hate on EA or whatever but did they come out and kick your dog or something? Seems like you're taking a moderately fun game with a failed launch a bit personally.

Well, I cant get this game, and the bullshit levels are out of control. And "Failed launch" Seems to be a bit of a understatement.
This is what the launch is like. And the game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1119 on: March 16, 2013, 10:04:53 am »

I guess? Honestly compared to some other launches this hasn't been that bad. I couldn't log in regularly on day 1. Day 2 I was able to get on twice. After day 3 it has worked fine for me any time I tried to get on though there were some issues. I haven't had a single problem with it this last week and have been playing daily at least.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 16, 2013, 10:05:21 am »

This may or may not be the right place to ask this, but since Sim City 5 seems to be in perpetual thrashing death throes, are there any good, recent Sim City-likes?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 16, 2013, 10:06:03 am »

Have you contacted their support team? This happened to me and I sent an email in, they were able to do something and then it worked fine for me in a private region.

I have yet to try that, but on the flip side, I CAN play on the server. I started my own private region and it played fine. I'm gonna give it one more go in a while (Got other things to do first) And if it doesn't work, I will contact the support team and see if it can't be fixed. Hopefully I will be able to play with you guys again soon.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1122 on: March 16, 2013, 10:07:10 am »

This may or may not be the right place to ask this, but since Sim City 5 seems to be in perpetual thrashing death throes, are there any good, recent Sim City-likes?
Death Throes?

If SimCity isn't your thing, you could grab SimCity4 or CitiesXL. Those are the only two I know of which are recent.

There IS a free remake of the original simcity you can grab too, though the name escapes me at the moment

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 16, 2013, 10:33:29 am »

There IS a free remake of the original simcity you can grab too, though the name escapes me at the moment
LinCity?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 16, 2013, 11:30:55 am »

Death Throes?

If SimCity isn't your thing, you could grab SimCity4 or CitiesXL. Those are the only two I know of which are recent.

Perhaps death throes was the wrong word to use, but it seems they took pretty retarded measures to try and fix things and their PR is failing at best. Anyway yeah, I own SimCity4 though I wouldn't really call it recently. How is CitiesXL?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 98