Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191742 times)

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #1020 on: March 13, 2013, 09:47:36 am »

Damn you all...
I want to play Simcity, but all this BS around it makes me not want to. So I don't want to now but still slightly do cause I love Simcity and it has been something I have always been thinking about getting but its not now so I might not. Damn you EA for doing this....

Despite the flaws, I can't wait to get some time tonight to play it again. It really is fun.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 13, 2013, 09:57:52 am »

Patience is a virtue: proven yet again.

(Sorry, but you really can't pass up these "told-you" moments. Even if I'm not in the position to do one of them.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 13, 2013, 10:41:35 am »

I will have to wait until my internet gets more stable to even consider getting this, sorry EA, but Sim City 4 is better for singleplayer expirience.

Also, I like the idea of influencing other cities. Im assuming it would work like IRL with one city going backrupt causing cities who profited off of them to lose the electricity causing the citiy who profit off of THAT city would lose money from goods they are making with ore from the middle city. Or im just talking like a madman and be told thats not how it works

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 13, 2013, 11:24:31 am »

The cities aren't real time synchronous, so in general the problems are limited to criminals and such passing between borders, which can get as bad to ruin an entire server.

Note: Services and power can be shared too, as well as some building bonusses, but the above is certainly the most influential thing.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 13, 2013, 02:04:25 pm »

I think I finally understand Simcity 5

It is a game where you build a city of robots.

Mr. Boh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 13, 2013, 04:51:49 pm »

I have to admit the videos on pathfinding experiments are really disappointing and explain a lot of the mess that occurs with lots of cars on the road even with a lot of forethought into planning transportation. Here's hoping it gets fixed.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 13, 2013, 04:52:41 pm »

I have to admit the videos on pathfinding experiments are really disappointing and explain a lot of the mess that occurs with lots of cars on the road even with a lot of forethought into planning transportation. Here's hoping it gets fixed.

My vote is it won't. It is broken on a fundemental level and requires a rewrite.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 13, 2013, 05:19:26 pm »

My vote is it won't. It is broken on a fundemental level and requires a rewrite.
It can get patched however. The solution won't be almighty, but like DF they can assign different values to roads, and such.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #1028 on: March 13, 2013, 07:41:04 pm »

Maybe EA should hire Toady to rewrite their AI.

(heh)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 13, 2013, 07:51:30 pm »

(heh)

Toady's AI is actually smarter. At least the dwarves know where their bedroom is. At least the dwarves know their job. At least the dwarves can be told that some ways are faster than others.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 13, 2013, 08:03:29 pm »

(heh)
[Later, on EA forums...]
"Game is seriously broken. I have massive traffic jams because all of the sims rush at once for socks that have been left out in the region map. Sims appear to try to grab socks even during disasters, often resulting in their deaths, or without respect to work they should be doing. Also, sims only ever take left sock. EA needs to fix this!"
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 13, 2013, 09:07:44 pm »

(heh)
[Later, on EA forums...]
"Game is seriously broken. I have massive traffic jams because all of the sims rush at once for socks that have been left out in the region map. Sims appear to try to grab socks even during disasters, often resulting in their deaths, or without respect to work they should be doing. Also, sims only ever take left sock. EA needs to fix this!"

EA PR Rep: After extensive testing we have determined this behavior is the result of a bug. Sims will now attempt to collect an even distribution of left and right socks. We hope this has resolved any issues you had.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 13, 2013, 09:09:38 pm »

"And here, have a copy of Daikatana. It's the best game ever, you'll love it!"
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 14, 2013, 12:58:05 am »

(heh)
[Later, on EA forums...]

EA PR Rep: After extensive testing we have determined this behavior is the result of a bug. Sims will now attempt to collect an even distribution of left and right socks. We hope this has resolved any issues you had.

EA Forums
"The game is less broken the now my sims go and try to drink lava, and I don't even think there is lava!"

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 14, 2013, 01:03:25 am »

I find it funny that the sims in SimCity seem to have even less intellegance than the ones in The Sims, who are regularly known for burning the house down if you look the other way. (Once lost an entire dinner party to that.)
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 98