Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191917 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #810 on: March 09, 2013, 02:07:21 pm »

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE URBAN PLANNING INVOLVED IN THE TRAFFIC OF YOUR CITY
That is pretty much the destroyer of the vast majority of cities in play right now...

You mean "Make one squiggly line?" Because apparently one-road cities seem to work surprisingly well.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 09, 2013, 02:24:52 pm »

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE URBAN PLANNING INVOLVED IN THE TRAFFIC OF YOUR CITY
That is pretty much the destroyer of the vast majority of cities in play right now...

You mean "Make one squiggly line?" Because apparently one-road cities seem to work surprisingly well.

Until you reach population of 100k, and everything will clog around your shopping district. Have fun with cars not moving at all for 3 days straight.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 09, 2013, 02:36:22 pm »

That makes sense. Entire service industries can pop up around tending to the people in their cars stuck in their traffic jams, adding to the value of your commercial district!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 09, 2013, 02:55:24 pm »

That makes sense. Entire service industries can pop up around tending to the people in their cars stuck in their traffic jams, adding to the value of your commercial district!
Sounds familiar.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 09, 2013, 03:21:41 pm »

Sooo...

Spoiler: On disasters (click to show/hide)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 09, 2013, 03:56:07 pm »

Anyone in the Bay12 region able to drop me (jazzy_blur) an invite?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 09, 2013, 05:22:54 pm »

Might get around to buying this once I get some money. Actually by the time I finally do my damn taxes and get the refund, the servers should be sufficently un-melty.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 09, 2013, 05:27:44 pm »

Looks like EA is giving everybody who bought SimCity a free game of their choice on March 18th.

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/a-simcity-update-and-something-for-your-trouble

Where do they mention choice?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #818 on: March 09, 2013, 06:52:55 pm »

Looks like EA is giving everybody who bought SimCity a free game of their choice on March 18th.

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/a-simcity-update-and-something-for-your-trouble

Where do they mention choice?
Nowhere. That is called selective reading.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 09, 2013, 06:55:36 pm »

I just had the best idea guys. EA sells a DRM for half the price of Simcity that allows you to run the game locally.
Sales of it are as high as sales of the game. Sales of the game increase. Everyone is happy apart from being suckered out of another £30 but it's not like that can be helped.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #820 on: March 09, 2013, 06:57:53 pm »

I'm having a bitch of a time with road design. Can anyone post a few images of a successful city they have created or found? I'm just looking for new ideas. I feel like I get bogged down and don't think outside the box.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 09, 2013, 07:00:35 pm »

I'm having a bitch of a time with road design. Can anyone post a few images of a successful city they have created or found? I'm just looking for new ideas. I feel like I get bogged down and don't think outside the box.

All traffic takes the route that is the shortest physical distance, without regard for any other factor such as road type or congestion.  Evidence.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 09, 2013, 07:06:29 pm »

All traffic takes the route that is the shortest physical distance, without regard for any other factor such as road type or congestion.  Evidence.

Oddly enough the general oppinion is that this game is unfinished.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 09, 2013, 07:11:24 pm »

Oddly enough the general oppinion is that this game is unfinished.

D'oh! Wasn't there a mod for SC4 to fix that? They couldn't get it right again? Wow, oh well. I've read a few places that EA will allow mods on SC5. Who knows. But knowing EA's love of DLC, they may release a DLC called "Traffic Add-on" which will add a few more skins for vehicles and some 'random' traffic fixes. I love the game so far though but still just saying.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 09, 2013, 07:12:40 pm »

Sooo...

Spoiler: On disasters (click to show/hide)

That disaster, like all the others, just runs it's course. It's what makes the late game a challenge. That particular one is popular if you have already had meltdowns.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 98