Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191773 times)

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #555 on: March 06, 2013, 02:40:03 pm »

TotalBiscuit did some gameplay(60+ minutes) and talked about DRM in a separate video.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 06, 2013, 02:48:17 pm »

And Servers went down! :(

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #557 on: March 06, 2013, 02:49:32 pm »

Indeed. Servers down for maintenance.

I'm enjoying the game a lot, and playing with friends is amazing. I wish I could have done this with the old simcity games.

Once they work out the server issues, this could be a candidate for best game ever for me.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 06, 2013, 02:51:06 pm »

Indeed. Servers down for maintenance.

I'm enjoying the game a lot, and playing with friends is amazing. I wish I could have done this with the old simcity games.

Once they work out the server issues, this could be a candidate for best game ever for me.

I agree, it is fun to actually play with other people. According to Simcity on twitter:

Mayors -- at 11:40am we'll be issuing a patch to the North America East 1 and 2 servers. More info here: http://bit.ly/12uhjgD

According to the link it only affected those 2 servers. They are patching them. Sounds good. Though an in game heads up would have been awesome, it's not like i have 2 monitors up and am watching twitter and such for news. But it is what it is. At least they are trying to fix things.

I'm gonna take this opportunity to take care of a few things around the house.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:53:58 pm by draconisokami8504 »

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 06, 2013, 02:58:04 pm »

You guys almost have me convinced to buy it.

Although I will probably hold off until it drops to $40 or so.

I see that DLC is already here.

SimCity German City Set for $9.99.

SimCity British City Set for $9.99.

SimCity French City Set for $9.99.

SimCity Double City Pack (British and French) for $14.99.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #560 on: March 06, 2013, 02:59:02 pm »

You guys almost have me convinced to buy it.

Although I will probably hold off until it drops to $40 or so.

I see that DLC is already here.

SimCity German City Set for $9.99.

SimCity British City Set for $9.99.

SimCity French City Set for $9.99.

SimCity Double City Pack (British and French) for $14.99.
Eh, all of those were included in the digital deluxe preorder and they're 90% just visual changes anyway. My wife likes that sort of thing so she bought the DD pack.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 06, 2013, 03:00:46 pm »

Please please produce some excess water. I will pay you.

I believe that is kinda how it works.
I have 15 water towers pumping water into my city and IT IS NOT ENOUGH. Industry requires ridiculous amounts of water.
I haven't bought the game (yet), but I have seen some videos- do you suppose you might have put your water towers in a location that yields little water? Also, if Tropico 4 has taught me anything about agent-based city sims, you should spread the water towers around your town to ensure water is distributed equally (even though nothing about the stated game mechanics indicates you should have to, it's probably worth a try).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 06, 2013, 03:00:55 pm »

Personally, I almost preordered just for the superhero stuff. I thought that would be fun. But I wanted to see if the game was a stinker first. Anyone using the superhero stuff in their city? Unfortunately, it isn't for sale yet by itself.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 06, 2013, 03:05:39 pm »

In real life industry does use up a LOT of water (and power).

I honestly got the impression that it was just trying to be realistic. Either that or pooling all your water sappers in one place lowers efficiency.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 06, 2013, 03:06:32 pm »

Even though I have the pre-order stuff, I don't intend on ever using it.

...Why would I use.. maxis man and.. Dr.vu when I can have, you know, actual police?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:14:12 pm by DoomOnion »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 06, 2013, 03:12:32 pm »

To be fair, Dr. Vu in Sim City 4 was awesome. With the Rush Hour expansion he's like, "Hey, I'll give you $70,000 if you'll take my jet and bomb your own infrastructure" or "Go abduct citizens in a UFO." Much like the military base and its attack copter, I usually destroyed Area 5.1 by accidentally left clicking when I was just taking off in the UFO/jet, which fired the laser/bomb and destroyed the entire base.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #566 on: March 06, 2013, 03:24:17 pm »

Watching the Total Biscuit review.

Cities are tiny. I mean really, really small. Whole region maps are smaller than city maps used to be.

The city maps are 12 blocks by 12 blocks. A single facility, such as a recycling plant, takes up like four blocks. If you want to make anything other than square grids, the curving, looping roads take up half the map.

This might be nice for a flash game based city builder, but for something related to Sim City, it's more than a little surprising.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:29:31 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 06, 2013, 03:31:31 pm »

It is indeed very small, but I never had issues with the city size (yet).
If(When) they start pumping out downloadable plops and expansion packs, size would start being a massive issue, I think.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #568 on: March 06, 2013, 03:36:52 pm »

Please please produce some excess water. I will pay you.

I believe that is kinda how it works.
I have 15 water towers pumping water into my city and IT IS NOT ENOUGH. Industry requires ridiculous amounts of water.
I haven't bought the game (yet), but I have seen some videos- do you suppose you might have put your water towers in a location that yields little water? Also, if Tropico 4 has taught me anything about agent-based city sims, you should spread the water towers around your town to ensure water is distributed equally (even though nothing about the stated game mechanics indicates you should have to, it's probably worth a try).
Nah, just big industrial buildings require vast amounts of water. Even when I replaced the towers with pumping stations it took 2 upgrades to meet my demands. I had the towers and station in a very well watered area, it simply wasn't enough. :)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 06, 2013, 04:08:22 pm »

Earlier I abandoned my city and then my game crashed. I relogged and couldn't join the Bay 12 Region, which I created, lol. Even better? The servers went down and I haven't been able to play all afternoon. I would be pissed if it wasn't forcing me to get some work done.

I've got the early adopter blues and I am going through city planner withdrawals.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 98