Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191741 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #540 on: March 06, 2013, 12:50:25 pm »

Baaaah, after having a few drinks I caved and bought it. Let the heroin Sim City addiction begin...

How much space is available in the bay12 region?

We have... about 10 cities ripe for claiming.

Most excellent! If I could request that an invite be sent to jazzy_blur that would be most excellent splendiferous. I shall put down a city planner's nightmare this evening.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:54:20 pm by Knave »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 06, 2013, 12:57:34 pm »

Baaaah, after having a few drinks I caved and bought it. Let the heroin Sim City addiction begin...

How much space is available in the bay12 region?

We have... about 10 cities ripe for claiming.

Unfortunately I am not buying any games until after I finish my exams... so it is likely I won't get a super delicious mega ultra chocolate slot.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #542 on: March 06, 2013, 01:03:38 pm »

Anon is building nukes, selling electricity, then, when the neighbors are addicted, deleting the plant and ending the deal.

I wonder how long it will be until this extraordinary level of DRM is defeated...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #543 on: March 06, 2013, 01:08:27 pm »

Yet another overmarketed fiasco by EA. good for their pockets and bad for the consumers. Good that I didn't waste my money at it.
Cool. Good job you're not in the game, I'm sure your attitude would be tiresome to us anyway.

To be fair a proper discussion needs all types and frankly I cannot tell you the number of times I wish I had the one Grouchy guy in the thread of a game I was interested in.
I have no problem with discussion. I do have problems with "lol gam sux hur hur, glad I no buy"

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 06, 2013, 01:09:59 pm »

Spent a few hours playing this over a mate's house last night.

The game sucks, I'm glad I didn't buy it.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 06, 2013, 01:16:14 pm »

I haven't seen any discussion about the game itself; what's it like?

Falknor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 06, 2013, 01:18:06 pm »

I'd like an invite to bay12 group as well.  8)

Name: falknor99
I'll use Dwarven Logic. AKA Encrusting the problem with gems, beating an elf to death with it, and then throwing it into the volcano.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 06, 2013, 01:34:51 pm »

Yet another overmarketed fiasco by EA. good for their pockets and bad for the consumers. Good that I didn't waste my money at it.
Cool. Good job you're not in the game, I'm sure your attitude would be tiresome to us anyway.

To be fair a proper discussion needs all types and frankly I cannot tell you the number of times I wish I had the one Grouchy guy in the thread of a game I was interested in.
I have no problem with discussion. I do have problems with "lol gam sux hur hur, glad I no buy"

Rofl?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #548 on: March 06, 2013, 01:46:02 pm »

Could you elaborate on why you dislike it?

Rofl?
I guess?

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 06, 2013, 01:47:48 pm »

Forsake, it's no use. Just come back and keep on playing D:
To each on their own.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #550 on: March 06, 2013, 01:51:18 pm »

Forsake, it's no use. Just come back and keep on playing D:
To each on their own.
I really don't mind reasonable discussion but just dropping in to say "Game sucks, bye" is not helpful or constructive. Tell us why you dislike it, at the least.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 06, 2013, 02:01:14 pm »

I'm actually glad that I don't see any constructive criticism, it just simply means that the people who are smart enough to lay out a constructive and informative criticism have generally no problem with the game, but the ones with growing distaste and abominable hate are the ones who are going all over the internet and posting really hateful opinion about the game.

It's better this way for the playerbase as well.
If this game was getting a reasonable criticism for the severe problems that actually hinders the game's sales, then, well, look at Omerta: City of Gangsters. It's got quite a problem. The genuine lack of simulation's depth. The critics did not miss it, they posted about it on their blogs / websites, and well, no one ever buys it anymore. i don't know if the same thing could be said for sim city 5 yet, but I guess time will tell.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:04:36 pm by DoomOnion »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 06, 2013, 02:03:06 pm »

I haven't seen any discussion about the game itself at all, good or bad. It seems more like the infrastructure of the game is so bad that the game itself is irrelevant.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #553 on: March 06, 2013, 02:25:30 pm »

I haven't seen any discussion about the game itself at all, good or bad. It seems more like the infrastructure of the game is so bad that the game itself is irrelevant.
We've been talking about it a bit but mostly I've been busy playing.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 06, 2013, 02:33:19 pm »

Can one of you nice people do a brief LP style of whatever city your building. I'd like some more info on the game :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 98