Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191733 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #525 on: March 06, 2013, 12:00:56 pm »

Yet another overmarketed fiasco by EA. good for their pockets and bad for the consumers. Good that I didn't waste my money at it.

I dunno, sounds like, aside from a few hiccups, people are rather enjoying it...

"People" also "enjoyed" Farmville...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 06, 2013, 12:02:47 pm »

Yet another overmarketed fiasco by EA. good for their pockets and bad for the consumers. Good that I didn't waste my money at it.

I dunno, sounds like, aside from a few hiccups, people are rather enjoying it...

Yes, but you'll be hard pressed to find picky people like bay12ers on there, and theres a few people in this very thread having a blast atm.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 06, 2013, 12:06:53 pm »

Overmarketed? Please! EA only created 4 sets of DLC before the game was released.

That is definately holding back.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 06, 2013, 12:09:56 pm »

We are indeed having a blast, but from the looks of it, I won't deny that I sense 2 and a half million DLCs being released within this year.
There's just so much room for DLC. It's like the entire game was built around DLCs.

Just like someone said, it's like... delicious yet ultra processed nasty food. Tastes good, but it will kill you(r wallet).

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #529 on: March 06, 2013, 12:23:32 pm »

Cool. Good job you're not in the game, I'm sure your attitude would be tiresome to us anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 06, 2013, 12:36:02 pm »

Cool. Good job you're not in the game, I'm sure your attitude would be tiresome to us anyway.

To be fair a proper discussion needs all types and frankly I cannot tell you the number of times I wish I had the one Grouchy guy in the thread of a game I was interested in.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 06, 2013, 12:39:24 pm »

To be fair a proper discussion needs all types and frankly I cannot tell you the number of times I wish I had the one Grouchy guy in the thread of a game I was interested in.

True, though it generally helps if said grouchy person had played the game, or at the very least provided some evidence for being grouchy.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 06, 2013, 12:39:33 pm »

This is one of the games that you pirate and you don't feel bad for it.

Wait, that applies for all EA games.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #533 on: March 06, 2013, 12:40:47 pm »

I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the overbearing DRM, not just here but in general discussion. Not only do you need to be online, even playing a private region requires connecting to a limited number of server slots.

And the cynical thirst for expansion packs is really disturbing me. I'm not exactly a troll, but to be honest, I'm kind of glad this it's as bad as it appeared, so that the field is still open for a good city sim to come up and start selling something that isn't tainted by EA.

Now, to be fair, I've only seen discussions about the game's faults, and nothing about what the game itself is actually like. But isn't that a bad sign in itself?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 06, 2013, 12:42:02 pm »

So much... hate in this thread :/
It's like people need something to hate to survive!

Sarcasm aside,
Hey b12ers, more specifically, b12ers who play in b12 region,
come settle near the town of mine, The 4 connected(isolated) towns are already all clamed, but turns out all the other 12 towns are interconnectable to each other.
So come over and start building. Come on.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 06, 2013, 12:43:01 pm »

Now, to be fair, I've only seen discussions about the game's faults, and nothing about what the game itself is actually like. But isn't that a bad sign in itself?

Not really, it just means what the game does right doesn't stand out as much as what the game does wrong. Which kinda makes sense given that the game added new mechanics but these mechanics are mostly behind the scenes.

People compare this to previous installments.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 06, 2013, 12:43:45 pm »

Yes, and they do so without playing the game. *flies away*

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 06, 2013, 12:46:08 pm »

Baaaah, after having a few drinks I caved and bought it. Let the heroin Sim City addiction begin...

How much space is available in the bay12 region?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 06, 2013, 12:46:27 pm »

This is one of the games that you pirate and you don't feel bad for it.

No. This is one of the games even pirates don't touch.

Yes, but you'll be hard pressed to find picky people like bay12ers on there, and theres a few people in this very thread having a blast atm.

They exist. Many bay12ers are not immune to playing terrible "games".

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 06, 2013, 12:47:50 pm »

Baaaah, after having a few drinks I caved and bought it. Let the heroin Sim City addiction begin...

How much space is available in the bay12 region?

We have... about 10 cities ripe for claiming.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 98