Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191728 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #510 on: March 06, 2013, 10:06:06 am »

Hrmmm you lot are making me want play but I don't have $60 to drop on this game >.<
This so much.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 06, 2013, 10:06:16 am »

INVITE ME!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 06, 2013, 10:26:16 am »

I did!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 06, 2013, 10:28:51 am »

I have great interest in the building models. Is there a great variety of different buildings in the game? Or is it like SC4, where you often encountered the same building multiple times?

To clarify, SC4 already had a large number of different buildings. But for a city simulation, that didn't seem enough. Often I would go like: "Exiting, a new skyscraper! Oh it's business tower #4 again..."
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 06, 2013, 10:40:23 am »

@draconisokami8504

EA is seriously the only villain of the world, now that Osama's dead.

Lorgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 06, 2013, 10:49:51 am »

One thing I need badly is water.

I've not played the game yet or anything (British), but I have read/seen enough to suspect there are a bunch of nasty bugs. You probably have more than enough water, but for some reason a few buildings aren't getting it?

Does anyone with access to the game have any comments? I'm still on the fence about this one, despite the high price, ques to play, always online, miniscule cities, multiplayer focus, lack of agricultural industry, big spaces between the buildings, lack of city ordinances, proven bugs, being made by EA, no subways, filthy superhero DLC as standard, failure to provide me with the solution to all my life's needs and also blatant lack of free cheesecake.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 06, 2013, 10:55:01 am »

but I have read/seen enough to suspect there are a bunch of nasty bugs

What? But EA has been such a bastion of quality!

Just look at The Sims 3!

This is clearly a shock to behold worthy of a hollywood twist.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 06, 2013, 10:59:29 am »

I won't be getting this game until at least the weekend sadly, I hope you guys have space for me when I do!

Lorgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 06, 2013, 11:06:02 am »

Indeed, Neonivek! As a company with such a spotless record of consumer-provider relations and as a pillar of creative and original games, we should all pity them and have nothing but the greatest respect for them as they go through this difficult time. After all, it's probably our fault really.

“We are experiencing overwhelming demand which is keeping some users from accessing their games. We’re working as fast as we can to resolve. Due to the high demand for SimCity, Origin has experienced delays impacting a small percentage of users. We’re working non-stop to resolve.”
- Origin's Twatter

I bet by the end of the year this will £379, just like the Sims 3 does with all it's Dee Ell Cee.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 06, 2013, 11:22:54 am »

Guys! Stop making this game sound like so much fun!
You are ruining my hate for EA.
Stop it! Now!

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 06, 2013, 11:40:01 am »

Guys! Stop making this game sound like so much fun!
You are ruining my hate for EA.
Stop it! Now!

+1 >.<

Its like some highly delicious yet ultra processed nasty food...so yummy! but so bad

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #521 on: March 06, 2013, 11:52:33 am »

One thing I need badly is water.

I've not played the game yet or anything (British), but I have read/seen enough to suspect there are a bunch of nasty bugs. You probably have more than enough water, but for some reason a few buildings aren't getting it?

Does anyone with access to the game have any comments? I'm still on the fence about this one, despite the high price, ques to play, always online, miniscule cities, multiplayer focus, lack of agricultural industry, big spaces between the buildings, lack of city ordinances, proven bugs, being made by EA, no subways, filthy superhero DLC as standard, failure to provide me with the solution to all my life's needs and also blatant lack of free cheesecake.
Er... no? I quite clearly do not have enough water. But thanks for your input based upon rumor and hearsay.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #522 on: March 06, 2013, 11:57:01 am »

Yet another overmarketed fiasco by EA. good for their pockets and bad for the consumers. Good that I didn't waste my money at it.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 06, 2013, 11:58:13 am »

Yet another overmarketed fiasco by EA. good for their pockets and bad for the consumers. Good that I didn't waste my money at it.

I dunno, sounds like, aside from a few hiccups, people are rather enjoying it...

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 06, 2013, 12:00:38 pm »

Thanks to me being isolated in the corner of the world, I will build my own educational empire.

Setting up colleges and shit, and claiming another city block for utility services. (Garbages, Power plants, etc)
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 98