Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191656 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #465 on: March 05, 2013, 08:07:44 pm »

Well that answers one question I had... I just got a message in the middle of playing saying that the servers are down but I was able to continue playing just fine.

And the best part is, in 10 years you will have the honor of not being able to play Simcity 5! Hurray!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #466 on: March 05, 2013, 08:10:09 pm »

Well that answers one question I had... I just got a message in the middle of playing saying that the servers are down but I was able to continue playing just fine.

And the best part is, in 10 years you will have the honor of not being able to play Simcity 5! Hurray!
Did you misread what I said? The servers are DOWN and I can still play. That means no part of the simulation is actually offloaded to their server, which means you can play just fine without them assuming someone makes a crack to bypass the authentication. Or if EA releases a patch to disable the always-on DRM after they eventually shut the servers down.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #467 on: March 05, 2013, 08:12:07 pm »

Anyone else experiencing crashes after about 10 minutes of gameplay? Full CTD's, nothing about servers.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 05, 2013, 08:49:45 pm »

New user on here, been enjoying playing simcity. I am also having an issue, after playing for 10 mins maybe a little more, my game freezes and just stops. I have to Alt-Tab out then I see a Simcity has crashed dialog and there it goes. It's done this for the past 30 mins maybe.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 05, 2013, 09:10:35 pm »

I hope the surver issues get cleared up soon.
Speaking of which.
Any B12-ers looking for multiplayer around?
Public multiplayer seems to be so... unreliable due to the nature of human errors.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 05, 2013, 09:24:05 pm »

I hope the surver issues get cleared up soon.
Speaking of which.
Any B12-ers looking for multiplayer around?
Public multiplayer seems to be so... unreliable due to the nature of human errors.

I've stayed away from Public Multiplayer for that reason. I am new to this Simcity and never really did to well on the old ones. (Usually just cheated). So I am having to learn the whole thing over. On a side note it might be easier to play if say I'm focusing on maybe residents and power maybe as well as some garbage. My understanding of the new multiplayer is that this can be done? Am I correct in this thought?

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #471 on: March 05, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »

New user on here, been enjoying playing simcity. I am also having an issue, after playing for 10 mins maybe a little more, my game freezes and just stops. I have to Alt-Tab out then I see a Simcity has crashed dialog and there it goes. It's done this for the past 30 mins maybe.

I am having the exact same issue. What is your setup? The only thing I can think of that might be causing it is my triple monitor setup. I'm only using the center monitor but who knows. I am going to try to take the other ones offline.

My error code:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 05, 2013, 09:27:10 pm »

Hemmingjay, may I have the honor of playing with you?

Sure, happy to have anyone else too. Origin ID is ...(drum roll).....Hemmingjay
Only a simple mind can be certain.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 05, 2013, 09:29:00 pm »

I am having the exact same issue. What is your setup? The only thing I can think of that might be causing it is my triple monitor setup. I'm only using the center monitor but who knows. I am going to try to take the other ones offline.

My error code:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mine is just my laptop setup: Intel Core i7 3610Qm 2.3GHZ, 16GB Ram, 120GB SSD and 750GB HDD (Origin and Simcity is installed on this drive.) Nvidia GTX 675M 2GB GDDR5 Graphics, 17.3" 1080p 120hz, display. I maxed Simcity with no problem. I also rebooted all my Internet devices (Modem, router, switches, though there wasn't a problem with the internet as a whole.) I think the servers just took a crap on us. Oh I am on Oceanic (I think) Server.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 05, 2013, 09:32:23 pm »

It looks like they may have added a few servers I looked and saw a few I didn't see before when I first started. I expect this will be happening as more people buy the game and log in.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 05, 2013, 09:32:59 pm »

Hemmingjay, may I have the honor of playing with you?

Sure, happy to have anyone else too. Origin ID is ...(drum roll).....Hemmingjay
Huh, you don't show up for some reason, also, which server?

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 05, 2013, 09:42:08 pm »

I think it is a server issue, I just tried logging back in, it wouldn't delete one of my private worlds, and I even tried playing another world where it didn't save any changes.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 05, 2013, 09:45:25 pm »

For me, it’s still a No Go.  Requiring a constant online connection is maybe fine for people in dorm rooms with free and constant broadband or cable lines but for the rest of us, server interruptions and travel are a way of life.  I’m not all that happy with programs that require a CD in the drive either, but I recognize the reality of copyright protection (although really, it doesn’t take much skill to crack those).

PCMag – three hours ago – posted about the not-everybody-but-seemingly-lots-of issues:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416265,00.asp

Requiring a constant online connection, $60, to a company with a history that merits seven paragraphs of criticism on the Wiki page?  Not for me, thanks, I’d rather send another (small) check to Toady and Zach. 

Each to his own and I’m sure the graphics are great but,

Quoting from the Wiki article on Electronic Arts,
“In April 2012, The Consumerist awarded EA with the title of "Worst Company in America" along with a ceremonial Golden Poo trophy.[98] The record breaking poll drew in more than 250,000 votes and saw EA beating out such regulars as AT&T and Walmart." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Arts#Criticism

As the saying goes, vote with your feet or vote with your pocketbook, just vote.  If SimCity works for you, great, have fun.  Me, I think I’ll drop another (small) check to Toady One in today’s mail along with a thank you note.

Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 06, 2013, 02:26:19 am »

I'd be up for playing in a B12 region! My origin name is 'velcer' (gosh, everything on Origin was taken!!), feel free to add me and let me know which server (I'm on the east coast so I shouldn't have any trouble using the US-W or EU-W servers too)

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 06, 2013, 03:52:07 am »

For me, it’s still a No Go.  Requiring a constant online connection is maybe fine for people in dorm rooms with free and constant broadband or cable lines but for the rest of us, server interruptions and travel are a way of life.  I’m not all that happy with programs that require a CD in the drive either, but I recognize the reality of copyright protection (although really, it doesn’t take much skill to crack those).

PCMag – three hours ago – posted about the not-everybody-but-seemingly-lots-of issues:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416265,00.asp

Requiring a constant online connection, $60, to a company with a history that merits seven paragraphs of criticism on the Wiki page?  Not for me, thanks, I’d rather send another (small) check to Toady and Zach. 

Each to his own and I’m sure the graphics are great but,

Quoting from the Wiki article on Electronic Arts,
“In April 2012, The Consumerist awarded EA with the title of "Worst Company in America" along with a ceremonial Golden Poo trophy.[98] The record breaking poll drew in more than 250,000 votes and saw EA beating out such regulars as AT&T and Walmart." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Arts#Criticism

As the saying goes, vote with your feet or vote with your pocketbook, just vote.  If SimCity works for you, great, have fun.  Me, I think I’ll drop another (small) check to Toady One in today’s mail along with a thank you note.

The problem is is that people actually give their money to EA, and so they think it's acceptable. It's like rewarding a child with gifts etc for going around punching people, it just gives them the wrong message and they'll do it more. And it's only going to get worse.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 98