Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191600 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #450 on: March 05, 2013, 02:59:27 pm »

Luckily I have not experienced a que at all, on 4 different servers over the last 2 days.

Edit: I guess I am lucky! I guess I should STFU because the simcity servers just went down and I can't play. So I guess I'll just pass the time by looking up how to make a letterbomb.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 03:07:05 pm by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 05, 2013, 03:07:16 pm »

I've never encountered this supposed queue either despite playing quite a bit (and not all in one sitting). It makes me think there's maybe something a little less than honest about the integrity of these claims of rampant queues and busy servers -- after all, it was what people wanted to hear to spur on outrage.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 05, 2013, 03:11:07 pm »

Well, the problem is that because your games are saved on one server, you have to keep playing on that server. Some serves, the ones that went up first, are overloaded, while others are mostly empty.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #453 on: March 05, 2013, 03:15:04 pm »

Is it true that SimCity 2013 doesn't have a save/load function?
You cannot revert to an old save or anything like that, no. It does save as you go, so that if you quit and start the game again your city is still there...

But just like most online social type games, it has no conventional save/load for a city because that wouldn't work with other people also playing in your region.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 05, 2013, 03:18:13 pm »

Well, I've done the stupid thing and just ordered it for £30. Well, ish, taking into consideration the conversion rate.

Here's hoping I haven't wasted my money!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #455 on: March 05, 2013, 03:49:41 pm »

Well, I've done the stupid thing and just ordered it for £30. Well, ish, taking into consideration the conversion rate.

I guess it depends on whether you're expecting some mystical magically best ever simcity 5 or just a fun simcity game with some good complexity

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 05, 2013, 03:55:24 pm »

Even when EA does it right they do it wrong. They brought the servers down briefly to add two new servers but didn't tell people why they brought the servers down or that it was intentional, so everyone went completely apeshit on the official forums.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 05, 2013, 03:57:00 pm »

I guess it depends on whether you're expecting some mystical magically best ever simcity 5 or just a fun simcity game with some good complexity

I'm expecting the spiritual successor to SimCity 4, with the city sizes scaled back a little but the fun still being there.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 05, 2013, 03:59:10 pm »

I'm expecting the spiritual successor to SimCity 4, with the city sizes scaled back a little but the fun still being there.
It's not. Not quite. It's similair to the difference between old and new X com. The new one is a good game, and pretty, and I'm sure it's fun, but it isn't the old one.

Guess that's why they wanted to call it Sim City rather than Sim City V. Not that anyone cares about that.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 05, 2013, 04:00:21 pm »

It could be the sequel to sim village for all I care, I just want my peoples to be persistent, and cars to not magically vanish when I move away for a second, so hey! I already win!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 05, 2013, 07:41:43 pm »

I finally have tried a co-op game and it's great. Everyone can help everyone else and there is just an overall added level of dynamic events.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 05, 2013, 07:47:40 pm »

The server is really wonky though :/ Maybe it's because it's the launching day, but still..

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 05, 2013, 07:56:43 pm »

Yup, the demand is crushing each of the servers but they have been decent about adding additional servers. I jumped onto a new server and other than having to sit through the f#c%!n@ tutorial again, I haven't had many issues.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 05, 2013, 07:58:27 pm »

Edit: or rather, anyone! Multiplayer on public is so horrible!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:09:27 pm by DoomOnion »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #464 on: March 05, 2013, 07:59:35 pm »

Well that answers one question I had... I just got a message in the middle of playing saying that the servers are down but I was able to continue playing just fine.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 98