Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191524 times)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2013, 01:27:09 pm »

Well. I think it's... meh. Must be online to play. The scenarios looked very very small and the buildings too big on the gameplay video. Haven't you seen the pics released in the time when Will was still there? They were nothing compared to this. Clearly there where some very big chances.
Online? There is no offline mod? Well that says it all, not interesting in this for sure, but why online only? I dont understand....
Make love not war

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 26, 2013, 01:31:07 pm »

Well. I think it's... meh. Must be online to play. The scenarios looked very very small and the buildings too big on the gameplay video. Haven't you seen the pics released in the time when Will was still there? They were nothing compared to this. Clearly there where some very big chances.
Online? There is no offline mod? Well that says it all, not interesting in this for sure, but why online only? I dont understand....
Because the game runs certain specific game elements only on the cloud. It's mediocre DRM, provides quasirealistic resource prices and forces you to play with your friends, or those people you call friends anyway. (*)

*After what happened with the Sims and such, I fear social network integretation will be even further implemented.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2013, 03:13:31 pm »

Because the game runs certain specific game elements only on the cloud. It's mediocre DRM, provides quasirealistic resource prices and forces you to play with your friends, or those people you call friends anyway. (*)

*After what happened with the Sims and such, I fear social network integretation will be even further implemented.
One of this elements IIRC is your save game, this will be used to IIRC do stupid thing like your cities afecting your "friends"  cities who are near yours. And now EA will make it's server use only green energy provenient from the tears of their thousands of fan boys, offer a gratuitous online CIS privilege checking system in their games, along with forcing you watch a mandatory 5 minutes intro teaching you about how important is to take care of our enviroment before playing any of their games. And don't forget that simlish or whatever it's called will be now common english but without all offensive and prejudicial words such as gender, male, female and communism.
You, Alex, Janine and other 32 people sims, liked this bus stop.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:22:00 pm by peskyninja »
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2013, 03:16:18 pm »

I want to try this. i still play simcity 4 (albeit with mods) and sim city social is just why, so i wonder if this is good.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2013, 04:40:59 pm »

So this is an MMO game and if they shut down the server, that's it?

Not buying.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 26, 2013, 05:13:33 pm »

I want to try this. i still play simcity 4 (albeit with mods) and sim city social is just why, so i wonder if this is good.

By all accounts, if you're the type of person who plays Modded SC4, then stay away from this one.

edit: someone posted a review
Magma is overrated.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2013, 05:39:43 pm »

Brilliant game this, can't wait for it to be released.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2013, 05:56:27 pm »

By all accounts, if you're the type of person who plays Modded SC4, then stay away from this one.

edit: someone posted a review

About the mods, what stuff are you running?

I've played a bit with some addons of buildings and other mostly cosmetic stuff, but never anything really game changing.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2013, 06:50:24 pm »

There's a mod for SC4 called that network addon mod, that adds a whole bunch of new bits for roads, and includes a new traffic simulator that fixes the broken SC4 one, and has some customization otions in it.
Magma is overrated.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2013, 08:01:24 pm »

There's a mod for SC4 called that network addon mod, that adds a whole bunch of new bits for roads, and includes a new traffic simulator that fixes the broken SC4 one, and has some customization otions in it.

Id say that one is absolutly essential. Not sure if Rush Hour fixed this, but in base SC4, the pathfinding engine would always go for the shortest route, not the fastest. Que the entire city going down a suburban street because it cut through the corner of a highway.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 26, 2013, 08:19:49 pm »

mostly simpeg's SPAM.
Highly Opinionated Fool

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2013, 05:11:26 am »

Rushhour has an improved pathing engine, AFAIK.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2013, 05:23:54 am »

I remember in rush hour having to cut off quarters from each other to have people using the proper routes.

Where you get simcity mods? I have the 4 deluxe and have played the hell out of it, I would be interested in giving it some more life

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2013, 05:33:16 am »

Where you get simcity mods? I have the 4 deluxe and have played the hell out of it, I would be interested in giving it some more life

I download mods from Simtropolis, SimPeg and LEX.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 27, 2013, 01:53:02 pm »

WOO! SIMPEG!
Highly Opinionated Fool