Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191364 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 10:44:31 am »

Those screenshots look blatantly fake.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 11:09:06 am »

The echo in here in getting ridiculous. (Read the thread first folks, it's barely 2 pages.)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 11:15:30 am »

Actually, it's just one page.
And those screenshots look fake btw.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 11:35:50 am »

I really hope they make a real Sim City 5. I still occasionally reinstall SC4 and play for a while.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 11:41:05 am »

Fake screenshots aside, now I want to reinstall SC4.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 11:42:09 am »

Awesome! Used to play Sim  City 4 late into the night. Just had an element that kept me hooked into it as the hours kept rolling...

But yes, I also hope they don't follow the common trend at this time of dumbing down complexity. Sim City 4's appeal was mostly because of how many great choices you could make.

But yes, in short, I cant wait.

to me it was the rush hour expansion. made really complex managing traffic and transportation, with proper rewards for efficient public transit (as in people going farther for work, not gamey stuff)

The big transportation mod tweaked it further and made it better. Hopefully we'll get some realistic transit and not more crap.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 11:57:40 am »

Yeah, I always hated it when people would take clogged side streets instead of the nice open freeway I gave them, just because the side street was 'shorter' by a little bit.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 12:38:29 pm »

I don't think those pictures are screenshots

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 12:41:11 pm »

I don't think those pictures are screenshots

I concur.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 01:02:05 pm »

*Facepalm* It's been mentioned NUMEROUS times that it is CONCEPT ART. EVEN THE ARTICLE SAYS SO. This is only a TWO PAGE THREAD. There is absolutely no way you can miss the posts.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2012, 01:06:01 pm »

I'm pretty sure we're all joking ;D

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2012, 01:07:01 pm »

Yeah they're definitely not screenshots.

Plus I made this thread.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2012, 01:09:47 pm »

Oh.

Thanks for making me look like an idiot. Just what I needed to start off the day. D:
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2012, 01:59:51 pm »

Oh.

Thanks for making me look like an idiot. Just what I needed to start off the day. D:
Indeed. Next time you don't know whether something is an actual screenshot or not, don't parade your hunch around here.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2012, 02:11:32 pm »

I'll echo what the others have said here:

I am excited.  I loved Sim City 2000, 3000 and 4.  I never played the original, or Societies (lol).  I just love these sorts of games.  I've spent so many more hours in them than I should.

I am also worried.  If it's any significant watering down of Sim City 4 I am going to be very disappointed.  Streamlining might be okay, but dumbing it down too much will upset me.  I like the crunchy simulationist feel Sim City 4 gives me, thank you very much.

That and I hope that the DLC won't be must-have stuff that they tack on after release. ::)  Or something rage worthy like being console only (hello Dead Space 2). If they even make a console version.  I wouldn't be upset at all if it was PC only, especially if that made the game better.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 98