Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191785 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #915 on: March 11, 2013, 12:56:46 am »

Personally I see it more like Admiral Ackbar. IT'S A TRAP!

(I have no intention of ever installing Origin on my computer, so as long as they continue publishing Origin-only games, they forfeit any sales they could have gotten from me that way. OTOH, as a result, I played the Mass Effect series on the 360 instead so I wouldn't have to deal with Origin for ME3, but IIRC ME3 was the only one that it was necessary to buy new instead of pre-owned, and I waited for a good sale and bought it in a physical store (Best Buy) to deprive EA of the maximum amount of profit.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:00:22 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 11, 2013, 04:54:27 am »

Ok, let me be cleared, no crack exist for simcity as of yet, even the beta havet been cracked, they are all scams believe me i know what im talking about. If you like the game buy it, the game will eventually be cracked but not in at least 6 month if a year will be enough as they need to build the emulator and first they need the game to stabilise to start sniffing packets and try to rebuild it using ASM language mostly.

I find it funny when i see ppl talking about cracks and all that. also related to diablo 3, only the first act is properly emulated. I know im not supposed to talk about this matter but it was itching me deeply. This new drm using cloud etc IS the way to go to prevent cracking on day1 and delay it as much as possible. Is much harder to try and create a new emulator using sniffing and building in ASM than simply bypassing an online activation.

TLDR; Diablo 3 only has a act1 emulator completed, been what a year its out?, sim city HAS NOT BEEN cracked yet, not even the beta, all you see are simply scams. Look again in at least 6-9month not before.

Edit: Dont mind my endless typo its 5am here. Good night!
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #917 on: March 11, 2013, 06:03:57 am »

Hm, is the Sporepedia segment of Spore still running?
It is, yes. At least it was when I played spore again a few months ago.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 11, 2013, 06:39:00 am »

I had to deal with lots of rollbacks while playing today. Many tooltips are incomplete, making for frustrating inability to understand base game mechanics. Game-Finder is the easily a contender for the worst matchmaking system in online gaming history.

SC5 has a lot of nice features and improvements compared to earlier games in the series. But wow, it really needed a few more months in beta.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 11, 2013, 08:23:48 am »

Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 11, 2013, 09:26:54 am »

Traffic is the biggest issue in the game for me.

With my third city, I tried to limit intersections. It seems to be working. But it is really a terribly awful unrealistic city. However, it works in the game.

I have an even better plan to limit roads in my next city. I will have three long roads with only one intersection each. I'll see how it goes.

Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 11, 2013, 09:42:48 am »

sim city HAS NOT BEEN cracked yet, not even the beta, all you see are simply scams. Look again in at least 6-9month not before.

Yeah, before they can make a working cracked server, first they have to finish making a working official server, amirite? 8)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 11, 2013, 09:46:43 am »

An interesting point-of-view about this whole mess:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/11/simcity-is-inherently-broken-lets-not-let-this-go/
I think the true test of always online will be consoles. If a console exclusive with always online can achieve fairly decent success I think it will quickly become the norm.
If anything I'm wagering that consoles are much better suited to always online due to the next few points.

PC gaming is booming in more undeveloped countries, mostly due to a PC having much more versatility than a dedicated gaming console. These areas usually don't have access to sophisticated internet networks required for always on. 
There is a decent percentage of laptop gamers which usually fits into students and workers who often travel fair distances without having access to internet. These people will most likely be disgruntled if they can't play their game on the train or ferry.
There's also the whole cracking culture which means that the chances are the game will be cracked in the end.

Consoles are static (with the exception of the handheld console marketplace which is slowly becoming less relevant), that is they sit under the TV set and are rarely moved to another location. This coupled with wireless networking in a lot of homes makes it a lot easier to have a box always connected to the internet. Consoles also generally lack a lot of the cracking options that PCs do.
Finally it would also get rid of that second hand marketplace they loath so much.

Right now the hardest part is getting over the initial hump and forcing a culture change. The technology does seem like it will be in place by the upcoming console generation. A big push by either Microsoft or Playstation (or even bipartisan!) could really change the way we play (or don't play) games. 

I of course hate always online but as disgusting as the practice is it's also rather interesting. Will we see consumers win or the onward march of the draconian DRM?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 11, 2013, 10:20:49 am »

It to me is a situation that won't fix itself.

Unless a law comes in, all games will be online only because gamers suck.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 11, 2013, 10:49:25 am »

Maybe in the distant future, but the indie gaming scene is still going very strong, and they're not going to want to do any of this stuff any time soon.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 11, 2013, 11:40:41 am »

These people will most likely be disgruntled if they can't play their game on the train or ferry.
To note, there's more and more internet in trains. There's even wifi in the bus to get to the airport, here. But, yeah, it's pretty annoying (and there'll never be internet on planes).

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 11, 2013, 12:07:19 pm »

These people will most likely be disgruntled if they can't play their game on the train or ferry.
To note, there's more and more internet in trains. There's even wifi in the bus to get to the airport, here. But, yeah, it's pretty annoying (and there'll never be internet on planes).
Some planes have wireless internet connections. Speed is useually terrible though.

13 dollar gives you 1465 kbps (downloads) and 317kbps (uploads) for a cost to coast flight, using American airlines as an example.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:09:09 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 11, 2013, 12:46:20 pm »

Lufthansa has free wifi on all flights.

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 11, 2013, 12:49:57 pm »

Lufthansa has free wifi on all flights.

Holy shit seriously? Gentlemen, we have arrived in the future.
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 11, 2013, 01:16:28 pm »

Not here... In Canada the internet providers are so bad (due to a situation similar to a monopoly) that the owner of Netflix describes it as a Third World Country.

There are a few points at night where playing Simcity 5 would disconnect me because of nightly maintenance.

Actually it would be interesting if internet was an actual issue in Sim City 5 (in game that is) and you can actually give your city internet access.

And then one of the natural disasters should be that crops, cows, sheep, and chickens start taking over your city.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:18:28 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 98