Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191782 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #630 on: March 06, 2013, 08:53:07 pm »

Yeah, I haven't actually been able to play for the better part of 3 hours.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 06, 2013, 08:54:22 pm »

Yeah, I haven't actually been able to play for the better part of 3 hours.

At least I'm not the only one. Jeez! I didn't spend $60 on a game to not be able to play it!

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 06, 2013, 08:58:55 pm »

Will i'm off to go play something else for the time being then. Note to anyone from EA reading this: This is inexcusable! I did not pay $60 to sit and stare at a launcher screen that says "Unable to connect to network" or to have ANY of the problems we are having. I don't care about expansions, I don't care about the game AT ALL if I can't play it you can kiss one customer GOODBYE! Get your crap in gear and running right or you WON'T be selling ANYMORE games or expansions and will be having to GIVE many people their money back for a broken game. It won't be the cash cow you've been hoping for.

That is all for now, I am going to take my rage out on Dungeon Defenders on my xbox. (I would on pc, but I already beat it on PC.)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 06, 2013, 09:02:00 pm »

Seems with all that free time they've have lately, players of SC5 have dropped it's metacritic score to 2.4

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #634 on: March 06, 2013, 09:04:46 pm »

Maybe I'm jaded but I actually EXPECT this kind of fiasco during launches so its not terribly surprising or rage inducing. Maybe it comes from working in the industry, because I personally know how much shit can go wrong despite any amount of preparation and work by the technical folks.

Still no excuse, especially when they said that they felt their servers would be able to handle the load.
How is it 'no excuse' when a technical glitch happens? The biggest problem with the PC as a platform is that there is no hardware standardization so there is no way to test every use case. For whatever reason, you and others are having trouble connecting. This is nothing new. I remember paying $60 dollars for a game and finding out it didn't work with my hardware years ago, or that some driver hasn't been updated, or whatever. You work through it. The first time I bought the original xcom it wouldn't work with my shitty old computer and I had to work for hours to find a work-around on the pitiful excuse for an internet we had. It wasn't MY fault that it didn't work with my computer. It wasn't Their fault either. Shit happens. I'm certainly not defending their fucked up launch, but going RABBLE RABBLE RAEG doesn't really help. They're working on it, obviously. If shit is broke, shit is broke. Get your refund and don't look back, or wait and play when you can.

Just tested mine and I was able to load into my city. Not gonna play for now since I'm busy working but just wanted to see if it was nonfunctional for me too.

Off Topic: Anyone here remember the World of Warcraft launch? That made this look smooth as hell.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 06, 2013, 09:26:11 pm »

Well i dont know for you guys but for me the server are now officialy down for maintenance...

Edit: Well it came back...

Edit2: you gotta be fking kidding me, i was loading up the tutorial FINALY only to be said during loading that the connection has been lost...... grumblegrumblesticalisse
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 09:30:33 pm by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 06, 2013, 09:30:07 pm »

Maybe I'm jaded but I actually EXPECT this kind of fiasco during launches so its not terribly surprising or rage inducing. Maybe it comes from working in the industry, because I personally know how much shit can go wrong despite any amount of preparation and work by the technical folks.

Still no excuse, especially when they said that they felt their servers would be able to handle the load.
How is it 'no excuse' when a technical glitch happens? The biggest problem with the PC as a platform is that there is no hardware standardization so there is no way to test every use case. For whatever reason, you and others are having trouble connecting. This is nothing new. I remember paying $60 dollars for a game and finding out it didn't work with my hardware years ago, or that some driver hasn't been updated, or whatever. You work through it. The first time I bought the original xcom it wouldn't work with my shitty old computer and I had to work for hours to find a work-around on the pitiful excuse for an internet we had. It wasn't MY fault that it didn't work with my computer. It wasn't Their fault either. Shit happens. I'm certainly not defending their fucked up launch, but going RABBLE RABBLE RAEG doesn't really help. They're working on it, obviously. If shit is broke, shit is broke. Get your refund and don't look back, or wait and play when you can.

Just tested mine and I was able to load into my city. Not gonna play for now since I'm busy working but just wanted to see if it was nonfunctional for me too.

Off Topic: Anyone here remember the World of Warcraft launch? That made this look smooth as hell.

Ok, ok, maybe I went a little off the handle. Sorry, I'm just upset. Yeah mentioning WoW really helped, lol. Your right, that does make this look smooth. lol. I'm gonna play 1 more round on my Dungeon Defenders then try to get on again. Give them a little more time to work it all out.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #637 on: March 06, 2013, 09:39:28 pm »

I can see stuff going up and down and so forth, so they're clearly testing things

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #638 on: March 06, 2013, 10:00:21 pm »

So I finally got through about 20 minutes without a crash and I wanted to get to the main menu to look at my region again... And it says I have no current games? The fuck? How do you save your damn city?

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 06, 2013, 10:04:37 pm »

So I finally got through about 20 minutes without a crash and I wanted to get to the main menu to look at my region again... And it says I have no current games? The fuck? How do you save your damn city?

I've been having that glitch all day, it seems to be a random thing. I still can't connect to ANY of the servers, and it's not my internet. I've checked it. I can play Guild Wars 2 perfectly fine, as well as I just finished downloading a large file. (Linux Mint OS iso image) no issues. I'm just gonna give them time to sort out whatever is causing this issue. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #640 on: March 06, 2013, 10:12:56 pm »

Yeah its not working for me either now. I'm just calling it a night and trying tomorrow

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 06, 2013, 10:14:36 pm »

IMa go back to kerbal space program look like. Need to make some video anyway.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 06, 2013, 10:28:46 pm »

Hopefully tomorrow the servers will be better. Then we can finally start building on our US East region.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 06, 2013, 10:41:44 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHp91aqWB7M

This is one of the things I agree with when it comes down to things with Sim City...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 07, 2013, 02:37:54 am »

EA servers are notoriously bad at being up.
This always-online DRM was an even worse idea on their part, considering that they get complained to about it pretty much all the time.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 98