Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191778 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #615 on: March 06, 2013, 07:58:02 pm »

Apparently they've got a crack in beta. Congratulations, EA, on continuing to come up with obstacles to enjoyment that only apply to legitimate customers.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 06, 2013, 08:09:05 pm »

Yep Beta is cracked and has been for a bit...prolly only a matter of hours before the full is available

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 06, 2013, 08:12:21 pm »

Made a region in US East 1, add me on Origins and I shall invite you.

Go ahead and invite me. My biggest issue is servers are usually full.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 06, 2013, 08:23:26 pm »

Professional Reviews
Quote from: Eurogamer Sweden
A fantastic city simulation that meets all expectations. So perfectly balanced it makes it easy to pick up and enjoy, but proves to be very difficult to master.
*gag* Someone got payed off.
Quote from: Polygon
A near-perfect fusion of the classic simulation game with modern social and online play elements.
There's that "perfect" word again.
Quote from: Giant Bomb
And while I expect many will fall head-over-heels in love with this SimCity's cooperative design, at its best, the game feels more like a really thoughtfully designed multiplayer mode for a larger, single-player capable game that, sadly, doesn't exist.
Finally, an honest review.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #619 on: March 06, 2013, 08:27:02 pm »

Professional Reviews
Quote from: Eurogamer Sweden
A fantastic city simulation that meets all expectations. So perfectly balanced it makes it easy to pick up and enjoy, but proves to be very difficult to master.
*gag* Someone got payed off.
Quote from: Polygon
A near-perfect fusion of the classic simulation game with modern social and online play elements.
There's that "perfect" word again.
Quote from: Giant Bomb
And while I expect many will fall head-over-heels in love with this SimCity's cooperative design, at its best, the game feels more like a really thoughtfully designed multiplayer mode for a larger, single-player capable game that, sadly, doesn't exist.
Finally, an honest review.
I am sometimes surprised that 'professional reviewers' can even talk with their mouth stuff full of EA's c...ash... yes. cash... that's what I was going to say.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 06, 2013, 08:32:53 pm »

Stupid Server is busy, guess I'm going to have to wait or just get on another server and miss out on multiplayer.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 06, 2013, 08:37:17 pm »

I was soo happy when i saw that green play icon flash up after 1hr+ waiting... i click it, it fires the game only to be greeted by a network error please try again as soon the menu pop out....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #622 on: March 06, 2013, 08:39:32 pm »

Worst part is I bet there's a project manager or whatever in EA who thinks all of the forum rage is just 'whining' from 'kids' who are making 'trouble' and nobody is really having any problems

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 06, 2013, 08:41:06 pm »

lovely, now i'm getting a stinking freeze on checking for updates.

Ok this game was starting to be nice, but I didn't spend frickin $60 on a game to not be able to frickin play it! I am about ready to tell EA I want my dang money back and they can take their dang game back and burn it for all I care. The game is nice, but what's the stinking point if you can't PLAY IT!

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 06, 2013, 08:45:13 pm »

I'm restarting my router, and laptop. Making sure it isn't that, but from what other people are having issues as well I think it won't do any good. It gets stuck on the Select server, when I want to go change servers!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #625 on: March 06, 2013, 08:46:31 pm »

Maybe I'm jaded but I actually EXPECT this kind of fiasco during launches so its not terribly surprising or rage inducing. Maybe it comes from working in the industry, because I personally know how much shit can go wrong despite any amount of preparation and work by the technical folks.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 06, 2013, 08:50:28 pm »

Maybe I'm jaded but I actually EXPECT this kind of fiasco during launches so its not terribly surprising or rage inducing. Maybe it comes from working in the industry, because I personally know how much shit can go wrong despite any amount of preparation and work by the technical folks.

Still no excuse, especially when they said that they felt their servers would be able to handle the load.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 06, 2013, 08:50:45 pm »

If you're experiencing the checking for updates error loop:

"

Hi Mayors --If you get stuck on "CHECKING FOR UPDATES" you should delete all files in your User Data.

If you have a desktop shortcut you can right click the icon and select PROPERTIES then delete all files in the User Data folder.

If you launch through Origin go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData and delete all files in the User Data folder.

Then run the game again and you should get past that screen.

Note: The recovery tool will not resolve this issue, so please use the directions above.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 06, 2013, 08:51:52 pm »

If you're experiencing the checking for updates error loop:

"

Hi Mayors --If you get stuck on "CHECKING FOR UPDATES" you should delete all files in your User Data.

If you have a desktop shortcut you can right click the icon and select PROPERTIES then delete all files in the User Data folder.

If you launch through Origin go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData and delete all files in the User Data folder.

Then run the game again and you should get past that screen.

Note: The recovery tool will not resolve this issue, so please use the directions above.

Not that anymore, I keep getting network error or whenever I try to select a server it crashes. I already deleted those files and had the launcher re-download them.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 06, 2013, 08:52:15 pm »

Yay, now I can't connect to network
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 98