Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191769 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #600 on: March 06, 2013, 06:31:41 pm »

I really like that you can't simply ZONE for medium/high density, you have to zone low density and the buildings must be profitable or citizens happy to increase density, and the roads must support it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 06, 2013, 06:34:50 pm »

I really like that you can't simply ZONE for medium/high density, you have to zone low density and the buildings must be profitable or citizens happy to increase density, and the roads must support it.

I don't know to me that makes ALL zones "High density"

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 06, 2013, 06:39:35 pm »

Okay, sim city 5 server just exploded.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 06, 2013, 06:41:19 pm »

Okay, sim city 5 server just exploded.

Thought I was the only one... Got home excited to play and everything is unresponsive and worthy of table-flipping.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 06, 2013, 06:43:29 pm »

Made a region in US East 1, add me on Origins and I shall invite you.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 06, 2013, 06:46:22 pm »

East 1 is currently full forever it seems, but if you could send along the region invite to jazzy_blur I will join when I can! :)

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 06, 2013, 06:48:04 pm »

East 1 is currently full forever it seems, but if you could send along the region invite to jazzy_blur I will join when I can! :)

Looks like you have to be actually on the server to be invited, or rather, have to be connected to the server at least once after adding each other as friends to be able to invited.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 06, 2013, 06:49:13 pm »

Sent you a friend request, waiting for a response.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 06, 2013, 06:49:59 pm »

Ha ha, alright, I'll send you a message once I'm able to get in!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #609 on: March 06, 2013, 07:02:30 pm »

I don't know to me that makes ALL zones "High density"
What? Its not easy to make a zone high density. Conditions have to be very well engineered.

For industrial zones, there must be somewhere to sell their freight to (other cities, commercial zones in your city, trade depots for selling to the world market, etc) and your taxes must be low enough that they can make a profit and continue operating.

For commercial zones, they must receive enough freight to continue operating and must have enough shoppers of the correct wealth category to remain in business despite your taxes. This has vexed me more than a few times where a commercial shop will upgrade to medium wealth due to the land value but I don't have enough medium wealth residents nearby to keep it afloat so it will either fail and be abandoned or stay perpetually low density.

For residential its even harder. From what I gather the residents must be happy, relatively free of crime, have a steady job (ie bring home money... they can abandon their home and become homeless if they can't find a job, which leads to homeless people wandering about (unhappiness for others) or even crime). They also need to be in relatively good health, though that just leads back to happiness. If they have income and happiness (mostly from buying goods at a store) they will slowly increase in density and once they hit the threshold they will rebuild... all of this assuming they have the room to do so, which can be the real trick. Some of the high density buildings are large footprint.

Looks like you have to be actually on the server to be invited, or rather, have to be connected to the server at least once after adding each other as friends to be able to invited.
Invite me when you can. :)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 06, 2013, 07:19:39 pm »

What i will say will most likely be beating the horse again but... i just saw something i never really saw before.... During SC install i saw and i quote "Powered by Origin, your games. Anywhere, anytime." Really? Where is anytime and an where fits with SC? If server crashes, shut down the anytime is gone, the anywhere is *as long you have internet connection* Can i just rage?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 06, 2013, 07:34:30 pm »

If anyone want a newb in sim city 2013, send me invite jocan2003
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 06, 2013, 07:39:32 pm »

This is one of the games that you pirate and you don't feel bad for it.

No. This is one of the games even pirates don't touch.

Just you wait it will come, might take a while but it will come, most of the release group does it for the challenge more than to piss company off, the greater the challenge the more likely it will get their attention.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 06, 2013, 07:44:17 pm »

Indeed if you search a little you can see that cracking software is a legit race among hacker types...

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 06, 2013, 07:52:21 pm »

Argh, server queues!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 98