Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191672 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #495 on: March 06, 2013, 08:53:01 am »

One thing I need badly is water.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 06, 2013, 09:05:40 am »

I am still working on getting used to specializing my cities. Playing private games I'm sure is harder as I would need to create multiple cities at once. (1 to provide utilities, and such.) But do you NEED to put in commercial and industrial in each city? Or can you have 1 city specialized for residents and one for commercial 1 for industrial. Will the sims travel to those cities for jobs? (I do plan on having at least fire and police and probably schools directly in a city if I can.) Does someone have the answer? Thanks for the help.

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 06, 2013, 09:11:25 am »

Sent a friend request to Hemmingjay as 'velcer', if I could have an invite to the B12 region!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 06, 2013, 09:20:37 am »

Velcer, I sent you an invite. Be aware that connecting to Forsaken will give you access to a lot of good things but also a terrible crime problem, lol.

I estimate that I have 10% of my population working in law enforcement and I had to build 2 jails just to keep up, only seconds later to have a tornado destroy it. FML today.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #499 on: March 06, 2013, 09:28:12 am »

Please please produce some excess water. I will pay you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 06, 2013, 09:29:18 am »

I believe that is kinda how it works.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #501 on: March 06, 2013, 09:30:07 am »

I have 15 water towers pumping water into my city and IT IS NOT ENOUGH. Industry requires ridiculous amounts of water.

melvis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 06, 2013, 09:32:18 am »

Hemmingjay, I just send an invite resquest as Konvos. Let me know if u still have any space left on the bay12 region.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 06, 2013, 09:36:30 am »

I have 15 water towers pumping water into my city and IT IS NOT ENOUGH. Industry requires ridiculous amounts of water.

What I meant was I believe paying people for their excess water is how it works.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #504 on: March 06, 2013, 09:40:36 am »

What I meant was I believe paying people for their excess water is how it works.
Of course, you're right.  I merely was mentioning that I need water, so excess capacity would be a good investment in this case.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 06, 2013, 09:51:07 am »

i sent a friend request hemmingjay, if anyone wants to friend request me it's draconisokami. I wouldn't mind joining the server if there are slots open. I feel i've gotten used to the game enough that I can help out some. (Though I'll need to get my city started. I'll be nice to know where I can specialize to. (Extra power, water, etc.) Also what server is the region on? Feel it's better to get my feet wet with multiplayer with users on here rather than a complete stranger if you know what I mean.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 06, 2013, 09:52:28 am »

Hemmingjay, I just send an invite resquest as Konvos. Let me know if u still have any space left on the bay12 region.

I accepted your friend request but can't seem to invite you to the region. I have invited Draconisokami, Velcer and Forsaken with no issue so I'm not sure what it could be. I will keep trying.

Also, the server is US East 2
Only a simple mind can be certain.

draconisokami8504

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 06, 2013, 09:56:48 am »

Ironically, I just started on that server, had to sit through the frackin tutorial. EA needs to fix it so that they can tell who has already sat through that thing. That's my biggest complaint so far. I want to play a city not sit through a tutorial every time I change servers (At least to one I haven't played yet.) EA seems to have gotten some of the server loads taken care of (so far.)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #508 on: March 06, 2013, 10:04:17 am »

Ironically, I just started on that server, had to sit through the frackin tutorial. EA needs to fix it so that they can tell who has already sat through that thing. That's my biggest complaint so far. I want to play a city not sit through a tutorial every time I change servers (At least to one I haven't played yet.) EA seems to have gotten some of the server loads taken care of (so far.)
If you start the tutorial and immediately go back to the main menu, you can skip it

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 06, 2013, 10:05:47 am »

Hrmmm you lot are making me want play but I don't have $60 to drop on this game >.<
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 98