Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 98

Author Topic: Sim City 5  (Read 191626 times)

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
Re: Sim City 5
« Reply #420 on: March 05, 2013, 09:04:11 am »

Server Queues, Single player game, DLC
For more 'You can't cut back on funding!! You'll regret this!'?
Absolutely freaking unacceptable.

I have a prediction. A few new buildings, shinier graphics--
Completely identical gameplay, plagued with bugs.

HeavyNope.jpg I'ma steer so far clear of this I'll run down a little old lady.

And guys, watch out for the reviews. Knowing EA it's most likely it's just a paid reviews general.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 05, 2013, 09:08:02 am »

Just woke up, starting download before taking a shower.
While I was getting stuff for my shower, the download finished.
It took about 8.5 seconds.
My lappy doesn't have some crazy wifi ports or anything.

I think it's a good sign. They must have spent billions of dollars on expanding servers and all.
I will post after-action report in 2 or 3 hours. DoomOnion out.

Edit:

DoomOnion back in. Disregard that. They have an in-game launcher that functions like mmo launcher.
DoomOnion back out.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:10:41 am by DoomOnion »

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 05, 2013, 09:23:27 am »

Just woke up, starting download before taking a shower.
While I was getting stuff for my shower, the download finished.
It took about 8.5 seconds.
My lappy doesn't have some crazy wifi ports or anything.

I think it's a good sign. They must have spent billions of dollars on expanding servers and all.
I will post after-action report in 2 or 3 hours. DoomOnion out.

Edit:

DoomOnion back in. Disregard that. They have an in-game launcher that functions like mmo launcher.
DoomOnion back out.
So we herd you like launchers, so we put a launcher in yo' launcher...  :P

But seriously, let us know how it plays.  ::) I was a big fan of the early SimCity series, I still have 3000 somewhere.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 05, 2013, 09:36:12 am »

I saw some 30's white male give a mission request using valleyspeak. NOPE. Nope nope. No interest in even playing without buying.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 05, 2013, 09:40:46 am »

Finished the tutorial.
I have to leave for my class now, so I can't really say much, but the first thing that came to my mind when the tutorial quest giver female sim started talking was that 'What in the gods' name is she saying'.

Oh EA. So proud of their Simlish laugnauge. :D
Aaaanyways, DoomOnion out.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:51:38 am by DoomOnion »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 05, 2013, 09:48:48 am »

Finished the tutorial.
I have to leave for my class now, so I can't really say much, but the first thing that came to my mind when the tutorial quest giver female sim start talking was that 'What in the gods' name is she saying'.

Skip class, play game.
I want to know if it's worth getting :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 05, 2013, 09:54:30 am »

Skip anything for sim city?

I could understand it if it was an MMO at least.  ???
(seriously, I skipped so much so I could play MMOs when I was still in school way back when.)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 05, 2013, 10:16:05 am »

What? I didn't think there was an US equivalent of an AAA RPG being released in Japan(hint: laws state they can only release them on weekend due to too many people taking days off for it)
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 05, 2013, 10:16:29 am »

lolz

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 05, 2013, 11:14:24 am »

What? I didn't think there was an US equivalent of an AAA RPG being released in Japan(hint: laws state they can only release them on weekend due to too many people taking days off for it)

Got a source for that?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 05, 2013, 11:24:02 am »

Finished the tutorial.
I have to leave for my class now, so I can't really say much, but the first thing that came to my mind when the tutorial quest giver female sim started talking was that 'What in the gods' name is she saying'.

When you're back playing the game, please post some screenshots.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #431 on: March 05, 2013, 11:43:53 am »

Only at 16% for download myself. I should have stayed up and started the patcher in-patching-patcher last night.

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 05, 2013, 11:59:00 am »

I played a few hours, along with a friend playing in the same region. He was jealous at first of my industry-heavy city utterly dwarfing his more commercial and education-focused city in income.

Fast forward a few hours and my city's massive problems with infrastructure, pollution, and crime (and the hazardous material fires didn't help; not sure what the difference is from normal fires, but it noted them as hazmat fires) were sending it hurdling toward the brink of destruction, and a fair amount of my problems with crime and pollution were spilling over into his nearby city (which unlike my city of densely packed stubby brownstowns and smog-spewing factories was sporting high class homes and a downtown full of classy office buildings).

nyoro~n

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 05, 2013, 12:19:15 pm »

Got a source for that?
I haven't seen anything mentioning all RPGs, but apparently Dragon Quest is banned from releasing during weekdays.

http://rpgland.com/specials/special-features/the-history-of-dragon-quest/

EDIT: Wikipedia labels it an urban myth.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:21:02 pm by h3lblad3 »
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 05, 2013, 12:26:58 pm »

Here's my after action report.

Pros:
1. Unlike all the previous titles, specialization actually works. You have to build industrial towns, trade hubs, tourist traps and all, and they are designed to work together in a broader scale. I enjoyed building up the region with specific specialized cities.
2. This game is NOT easy, and it is not dumbed down at all. All they did was bring all the numeric spreadsheets into intuitive visual data maps, and it's working like a charm. A good portion of my playtime was spent in actual designing of the city, not staring at 6 digit numbers and trying to figure out what to do.
3. Multiplayer was gorgeous (if you are playing with the right people). I don't recommend playing with random people, but try to get some friends to play with you.

Cons:
1. The road-snapping zone system is not really fluid, and leaves a lot of dead space in between zones. As a result, if you play this title the way you used to in previous titles, you will end up with one hedious looking city.
2. Each cities are hillariously small. I don't know the exact scale, but it feels smaller than sim city 4 small regions.
3. I can see god knows how many DLC carpet bombing runs coming already. There's no region generation system, they are all pre-built. Meaning that they will start selling shit on origins very soon. Towns, plops, expansion packs, you name it. Expect shitstorm.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 98