Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1245272 times)

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #10230 on: June 12, 2015, 10:59:56 am »

The sides rise
#transracial and #wrongskin now trending worldwide

its all ogre
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: June 12, 2015, 11:00:01 am »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10232 on: June 12, 2015, 11:01:18 am »

TOO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: June 12, 2015, 11:03:06 am »

She was attempting financial fraud?

Also, damn, that White Obama is some good editing. I could see that guy existing. Granted, Obama is mixed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10234 on: June 12, 2015, 11:16:15 am »

Spoiler: Highlights (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: June 12, 2015, 11:20:25 am »

Well, I'm going to be devil's advocate, but why not? After all, "race" only bears a tangential link to actual skin colour or genetics (Obama has got has many black gene as white gene, yet no one would call him white). It is largely a social construct. Why couldn't you pick your race?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10236 on: June 12, 2015, 11:23:47 am »

Well, I'm going to be devil's advocate, but why not? After all, "race" only bears a tangential link to actual skin colour or genetics (Obama has got has many black gene as white gene, yet no one would call him white). It is largely a social construct. Why couldn't you pick your race?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: June 12, 2015, 11:40:57 am »

It really sounds like that woman can be a case of real madness, though, not just self-delusion.

Because American black/white race stuff is a social construct pertaining more to skin colour than anything else :v
Love, scriver~

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: June 12, 2015, 12:09:28 pm »

Colin Powell would like to differ.

The correlation between being black and having dark skin is much weaker than the one between having ovaries and being a woman.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: June 12, 2015, 12:14:45 pm »

I did say "more than anything else" :P

Love, scriver~

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: June 12, 2015, 12:35:11 pm »

...and don't worry about racists and their ilk I don't think they even know how to respond to a white woman blackfacing to climb the NAACP ranks, it's utterly unprecedented...
She's the flesh-and-blood embodiment of the "deceitful SJW" stereotype that right-wing nutters have been constantly invoking for years. Remember GG and all that spurious victim blaming? Well, now they have a real-life example of a civil rights advocate who's actually been outed as a pathological liar and a habitual fabricator, in addition to being clearly off her damned rocker. It's like Christmas for Gators, MRAs, Supremacists, Fundies... the scum of the internet is gathering together to celebrate their God-given strawmanperson turned into reality!

Why does our species have to be so fucking bonkers? I could probably laugh it off with the help of Mr Alcohol, but the liquor store closed its doors 30 mins ago. Someone help me out of this fucking nightmare called Humanity!!!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10241 on: June 12, 2015, 12:36:19 pm »

...and don't worry about racists and their ilk I don't think they even know how to respond to a white woman blackfacing to climb the NAACP ranks, it's utterly unprecedented...
She's the flesh-and-blood embodiment of the "deceitful SJW" stereotype that right-wing nutters have been constantly invoking for years. Remember GG and all that spurious victim blaming? Well, now they have a real-life example of a civil rights advocate who's actually been outed as a pathological liar and a habitual fabricator, in addition to being clearly off her damned rocker. It's like Christmas for Gators, MRAs, Supremacists, Fundies... the scum of the internet is gathering together to celebrate their God-given strawmanperson turned into reality!
Why does our species have to be so fucking bonkers? I could probably laugh it off with the help of Mr Alcohol, but the liquor store closed its doors 30 mins ago. Someone help me out of this fucking nightmare called Humanity!!!!
She's not the first SirQuiamus, chill, there's already 200 other SJWs documented crying wolf one more won't resurrect Pope Urban II, in the meantime bants are flowing

Wait what's a Gator lol?

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: June 12, 2015, 12:43:34 pm »

Wait what's a Gator lol?
Gamergator. It has something to do with gamergates, I think.

...there's already 200 other SJWs documented crying wolf...
You probably meant "at least 200" or "at least [insert any neat figure divisible by 5]."
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:51:52 pm by SirQuiamus »

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: June 12, 2015, 12:44:50 pm »

GamerGator
Why would any of them care? This has nothing to do with video games, so how are they relevant in any way?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: June 12, 2015, 12:52:57 pm »

... current train of discussion is honestly distasteful enough without bringing that nonsense into it. Let's not?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 759