Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1245344 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: PoH's Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #2160 on: July 06, 2012, 06:32:22 pm »

You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: July 06, 2012, 06:39:07 pm »

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/14151849/virus-threatens-internet-blackoout/

Is it just me or does this look REALLY shady?
Shady how?
Facebook users would get a message that says, “Your computer or network might be infected,” along with a link that users can click for more information.
That. The "Your computer may be affected" line is a pretty good sign that its a virus behind the link.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: July 06, 2012, 06:40:54 pm »

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/14151849/virus-threatens-internet-blackoout/

Shady how?
Facebook users would get a message that says, “Your computer or network might be infected,” along with a link that users can click for more information.
That. The "Your computer may be affected" line is a pretty good sign that its a virus behind the link.
Could also be something that pops up for all users, just to be on the safe side. It could, for example, lead to a page that makes sure that users know what the proper URL looks like or something.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: July 06, 2012, 06:43:46 pm »

Well, the sort of people who are infected with DNS changer are also probably the sort of people who click on links like that. How do you think they got the virus in the first place?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: July 06, 2012, 06:54:24 pm »

Shady... blackout.... Ha....

Speaking of Shady, I'm pretty sure Vector would figure out a way to go back in time and kill the men in this newspaper from the 50s if she could. http://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/should-a-woman-be-spanked
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 12:39:38 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: July 07, 2012, 12:54:50 pm »

Swedish court rules rape is impossible if the target is a transgender woman.

My guess is their line of thinking is that the rapist would've stopped if someone hadn't intervened before he found out his target was still with man parts. That's a horribly flimsy reason to acquit for attempted rape though, since you know, it was still friggin' attempted.

Of course that's giving the benefit of the doubt, and assuming it isn't even worse and saying that men cannot be raped.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: July 07, 2012, 01:00:13 pm »

Swedish court rules rape is impossible if the target is a transgender woman.

My guess is their line of thinking is that the rapist would've stopped if someone hadn't intervened before he found out his target was still with man parts. That's a horribly flimsy reason to acquit for attempted rape though, since you know, it was still friggin' attempted.

Of course that's giving the benefit of the doubt, and assuming it isn't even worse and saying that men cannot be raped.

So he had every intention of having forcible sex with his victim, but .... Wow. Good to know I'm subhuman in other countries too.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: July 07, 2012, 01:04:25 pm »

What, one needs a vagina to be raped now? Disgusting, Swedish court. I am ashamed of you.

Worse, it is very possible "rape" is defined as only being able to be done unto a woman in the law, I guess. I don't know for certain, I always just assumed it wasn't, you know, because that's the fucking logical way it should be. I might have to consult my (law-student) brother on that one.
Love, scriver~

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: July 07, 2012, 01:44:51 pm »

In a lot of places, yeah. That's how it is defined.

It's changing though, I think.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: July 07, 2012, 01:50:08 pm »

See, I told you Sweden wasn't a perfect liberal paradise. But no, no one listens to MetalSlimeHunt, he's just crazy!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: July 07, 2012, 01:53:13 pm »

ib4 "still better than murrica" comments.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: July 07, 2012, 02:09:25 pm »

Just have unwanted sex between two or more people as the requirement for it to be rape? I dunno. I really have no idea at all.

In the meantime, I'm at least glad they charged him with some kind of lesser offense like assault, but still. It's a lovely different and lesser sentence because the victim was different.... Hurray? [Just sorta sitting here slouched at desk with eyes barely open and with a sad look on my face] It's sad that just because the person was GLBT it wasn't "rape" even though it looked like it? I don't know; I wasn't there. Feels sad though.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:45:18 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: July 07, 2012, 02:13:52 pm »

Sweden? Trans friendly? Yeah not really.

That article's a bit outdated, I believe they've decided to change the law, but only recently.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: July 07, 2012, 02:52:07 pm »

Well, it is still better than America :P

I will however say that the court system is bad. Literally medieval. Or well, medieval left-overs.

Spoiler: Explanation: (click to show/hide)

Sweden? Trans friendly? Yeah not really.

That article's a bit outdated, I believe they've decided to change the law, but only recently.

I don't remember exactly, but yeah, maybe. All of the parties in the Riksdag was for changing it except the neo-nazis and the Christian Democrats, but the latter part of the right-wing coalition government (the "Alliance", as they style themselves ::) ), and they let CD have their will against their own beliefs, so they apparently didn't care about destroying transexuals' lives *that* much.

However, and this is what I can't remember clearly, some time after this vote against changing the law, the Christian Democrats had a bit of a internal struggle between their more liberal and conservative factions, as the liberalers where in charge and the conservativers didn't think the party was conservative enough. The sitting liberaller leader won a quite decisive victory in the end though, and he then proceeded to give the other faction some quick ideological fuck-yous, and I believe changing the party line on this issue was one of them. The problem, of course and unfortunately, is that the issue might not be up for vote again in a long time, so it's hard to say when the law will be changed.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 759