Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1275203 times)

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #9765 on: March 30, 2015, 05:07:37 am »

Clicktivism? Ranting on the internet? Apart from that, I don't think there's any effective way for us to make a difference, because dirty foreigners are not allowed to meddle in the affairs of sovereign states.   

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: March 30, 2015, 05:43:28 am »

I'm sure some googling would come up with exports from Indiana that you can boycot at your local supermarket. Also, publicly adress the supermarket manager about selling products from anti gay land.

Now what does Indiana export? Indians?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: March 30, 2015, 05:53:56 am »

"Export" is putting it nicely, but I think that was a couple of centuries ago.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: March 30, 2015, 10:39:49 pm »

What do you guys think what would be the best way for a non-USA person to oppose Indiana?

I mean I guess with all the doom and gloom here this is probably not the best place to ask, but still...
Wikipedia and census.gov suggest that the largest foreign export of Indiana are pharmaceutical products; followed closely by industrial products along the lines of "GEAR BOXES FOR MOTOR VEHICLES", "CIVILIAN AIRCRAFT, ENGINES, AND PARTS", and "COMPRESSION-IGNTN INT COMBUSTION PISTON ENGIN" (taken directly from Census website). Domestically, they also produce agricultural products. Probably corn. Try boycotting corn and everything that contains corn.

Barring that, political pressure might work. It's done wonders before.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: March 31, 2015, 05:40:50 am »

Indiana already has a law that allows businesses to deny service for any reason (including no reason), doesn't it? A number of states do. If Indiana is one of them, then this new law changes nothing aside from causing a clusterfuck of epic proportions, and is basically just shitposting IRL.

What do you guys think what would be the best way for a non-USA person to oppose Indiana?

I mean I guess with all the doom and gloom here this is probably not the best place to ask, but still...
Wikipedia and census.gov suggest that the largest foreign export of Indiana are pharmaceutical products; followed closely by industrial products along the lines of "GEAR BOXES FOR MOTOR VEHICLES", "CIVILIAN AIRCRAFT, ENGINES, AND PARTS", and "COMPRESSION-IGNTN INT COMBUSTION PISTON ENGIN" (taken directly from Census website). Domestically, they also produce agricultural products. Probably corn. Try boycotting corn and everything that contains corn.

Barring that, political pressure might work. It's done wonders before.
The United States is the world's largest producer and exporter of corn, and Iowa, Illinois, and Nebraska account for almost half of that production.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 05:54:44 am by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: March 31, 2015, 06:35:45 am »

Next thing you know, Putin starts arming seperatist forces in Indiana.

edit: oh wait, forgot about the second amendment. No need, they are already armed.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: March 31, 2015, 07:39:18 am »

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:43:49 pm by penguinofhonor »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: March 31, 2015, 09:39:57 am »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/dominicholden/rand-paul-doesnt-believe-in-the-concept-of-gay-rights#.au0n60N2e

And he wants to be running for President of the United States, much like Rick Perry who fought against gays as the governor of Texas ordering his Attorney General to fight against decriminalizing "sodomy" (consensual sex between two gay adults) in Lawrence v. Texas (2003)

See, this is immeasurably important so please listen. A fundamental law of the universe is Newton's 3rd: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Concerning gay and minority rights, it has happened before; it is happening now; it shall happen again. Whenever equality wins, bigotry will push back Bowers v. Hardwick (1985), etc. When Lawrence v. Texas (2003) effectively decriminalized being gay and Hawaii even talked about legalizing gay marriage they went nuts opposing it. Massive state constitutional amendments were passed in several states. Now, it's becoming clear those constitutional amendments are being struck down as unconstitutional and so....

What do you think the equal and opposite reaction to this action will be? The Indiana Law with others soon to follow, and more anti gay, "but I'm not anti gay" political candidates....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: March 31, 2015, 12:23:17 pm »

I don't think the laws of motion apply to politics.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #9775 on: March 31, 2015, 12:43:26 pm »

Yeah, don't worry so much. This is just the frantic last gasps of a dying cause. History is on our side. It will likely continue to be difficult and unpleasant for you for some time yet, but I have no doubt things will continue to improve.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:15:46 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: March 31, 2015, 01:05:13 pm »

They do. Inertia, try getting anything done....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: March 31, 2015, 02:03:27 pm »

I don't think the laws of motion apply to politics.
For every action, there is an equal and opposite backlash?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: March 31, 2015, 10:49:26 pm »

Next thing you know, Putin starts arming seperatist forces in Indiana.

edit: oh wait, forgot about the second amendment. No need, they are already armed.
They don't have anti-tank weapons, artillery, or armored vehicles.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #9779 on: March 31, 2015, 11:35:14 pm »

Yeah. I hate to be that guy, but the weapons available in America are only really dangerous to other civilians. The stuff you'd need to, for example, fight the government is pretty much non existent.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 759