Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 759

Author Topic: Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread  (Read 1275139 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: PoH's Calm and Cool Progressive Discussion Thread
« Reply #3105 on: September 22, 2012, 11:37:22 pm »

I seem to recall seeing a couple in Utah but they're not at all common here. Mainly in the malls.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: September 22, 2012, 11:46:21 pm »

Yeah, mostly the south. Honestly, about the only thing they have going for them is the waffle fries, in m'opinion. Not many fast food joints sell those, at least in my area. But yeah, s'been a couple of years since I've ate at one now, bleh, so I guess I'll just have to get around to learning to cook th'bloody things m'self.

Which is a good thing, I guess. Cooking means I can improve them, huehuehue.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: September 22, 2012, 11:49:16 pm »

The waffle fries are decent, but the spicy chicken sandwich is godly and actually kind of spicy for a mainstream product. (I'm a heat freak, sue me.)

Dammit, stop tempting me! God I wish there was a Buffalo Wild Wings in Boone so I wouldn't be tempted by the Chick-Fil-A in our dining hall. Some of the students here at ASU are petitioning to have it removed, though. I am getting that fucking Zaxbys sooner or later, oh yes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: September 22, 2012, 11:52:11 pm »

If you want spicy chicken, try visiting Chilies (if there is one near you) and order their honey-chipotle crispy chicken. The stuff is amazing, quite spicy, and as far as I know doesn't contribute to hate groups. Win-win!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: September 22, 2012, 11:58:48 pm »

I warn you, my definition of spicy is pretty skewed. Nothing under 100,000 Scovilles even registers anymore, and I prefer to have at least 300,000. Higher is fine, but you start to get a chemical taste from the capsicum concentration around 700,000 that I don't care much for.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 12:01:02 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: September 23, 2012, 12:34:21 am »

BW3's has some pretty ridiculously spicy wings. I don't think anyone actually eats them unless they're on a dare. I've been told they're just spiciness without any real other flavor.

Also I really don't get all the craziness about how Chic-Fil-A tastes so delicious. I've never heard anybody praising it except in response to someone talking about boycotting it. If it was really so good that thousands of liberals are depressed they can't eat the best chicken ever, I really feel like one of them would have mentioned it to me earlier.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: September 23, 2012, 12:39:51 am »

BW3's has some pretty ridiculously spicy wings. I don't think anyone actually eats them unless they're on a dare. I've been told they're just spiciness without any real other flavor.
You're wrong. Wild (2nd Highest) is my regular order, but I go for Blazing (Highest) on occasion. Unfortunately they start to have that chemical taste I mentioned, hence why I don't eat them all the time. Hot (3rd Highest) and below are not spicy to me. That reminds me that I should probably order some Wild sauce since there's no Buffalo Wild Wings in Boone.

This is genetic, or perhaps just behavioral, but I definitely got it from my father, who has successfully completed the Blazing Challenge with time to spare. He described it as "fun".
Also I really don't get all the craziness about how Chic-Fil-A tastes so delicious. I've never heard anybody praising it except in response to someone talking about boycotting it. If it was really so good that thousands of liberals are depressed they can't eat the best chicken ever, I really feel like one of them would have mentioned it to me earlier.
It is full of salt and fat. Humans have a genetic predisposition to want these things because of how rare they used to be and how useful they are to us. Chik-Fil-A is basically everything your lizard brain could ever want.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: September 23, 2012, 12:47:50 am »

It's not so much "so delicious" as it's "better than macdonalds". For a fastfood joint, it's better than most I've had the... pleasure... of encountering. Before I paid enough attention to notice CFA was owned by bigots, it was one of the few fastfood places I would willingly subject myself to, and a few of the others were strictly because they were open at four in the morning in a small town. I liked the waffle fries, and the chicken was alright. This is a higher quality of assessment than I could assign to about 95% of fastfood places I have encountered, especially in the area I'm in.
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: September 23, 2012, 12:52:59 am »

But I can get delicious chicken just about anywhere around here, and not just at fast food places either. Admittedly, waffle fries are delicious and I can't name a single restaurant around here that serves them, but it really doesn't sound much better than just about any other place I can visit.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3114 on: September 23, 2012, 02:54:32 am »

Anyone know of Five Guys? Putting aside the issue of health, it tastes good. :3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: September 23, 2012, 06:44:03 am »

The Progressive Meal Thread. Get all your tolerant meals here.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: September 23, 2012, 08:06:02 am »

Chick-fil-a does have great chicken sandwiches. There's one right outside the gate to the University I went to, and on the rare occasion I had some spare time before my afternoon classes I would sometimes grab one or two for lunch. Personally, I thought they were delicious... some of the best chicken I ever had. But I don't go there anymore, not least of which because I don't live near one anymore. I don't know if I could resist otherwise, but It's probably been a year or more since I had one. The waffle fries were pretty good as well, must be the extra surface area.

There is a Five guys here, but I don't like their food... just a slab of meat on soggy bread... might be okay for some, but I've even heard people who tend to love slabs of meat complain that they're just too much meat for a hamburger. If I choose to eat a fast food hamburger, it'll probably be a What-a-burger, or maybe a Krystal. There used to be a local place, it was only around for 6 months or so, but it was amazing. Simple place, only had like 3 things on the menu. Hamburgers, hotdogs and fries. Different toppings available for all, but they did them all so well that the limited menu didn't matter. Sadly, they closed down a few years ago... just never caught on, I still miss their food.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: September 23, 2012, 11:15:32 am »

What-a-burger's been pretty decent, and while I never patronized the one that was in the town I got the bachelor's at, I heard good things about the one there. Namely about the free wi-fi and being open 24 hours; good if you can't study on campus/where you're living at the time for whatever reason, especially at like three in the morning :P Krystal...

... Mi padre use to refer to krystal's lil' sandwich things as sliders. Place is cheap, but the quality's been consistently crap (ha) the times I've given it a shot. It might be a regional thing, though. I've only tried the ones within a single city, so far.

I can't actually think of a fastfood place I'd willingly eat a hamburger at nowadays. Tend to stick to chicken, and away from sandwiches to boot. When I eat at them, anyway, which leans toward something like once every other month, heh, if that. I'd rather cook! Tastes better, get more, costs less. Slightly more effort, but bah! It's fun effort~
Ask not!
Ask!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: September 23, 2012, 02:18:53 pm »

When it comes to fast-food, I'm pretty partial to Harvey's. Good burgers. But no idea about the political affiliations.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: September 23, 2012, 03:30:18 pm »

I've always liked Wendy's the best myself. The fries are awesome. The chicken can vary a lot from one place to another, though; the one nearest my house often resembles rubber chicken. Of course, I've never had Chick Fil A, so I wouldn't know how it compares.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 759