Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Duty times  (Read 1094 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Duty times
« on: March 19, 2008, 02:21:00 pm »

How long can you station a military dwarf on duty before they start to get negative thoughts?

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Duty times
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:23:00 pm »

And is there an upper limit to the strength of negative thoughts they can have if they are on duty for a long time, or does it continue to go up?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

greggbert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »

From what I've seen they get that negative thought after 2 seasons of being on duty.  I always switch my duty roster every season.  I've got my spring/fall squad and a summer/winter squad.
ou have struck Mica!  Now Niki''s gonna kill you!

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 12:05:00 am »

Has anyone tried cheating the system by flipping them off-duty (whether for an instant or a few short days, whatever) then sending them right back to the post?

gerkinzola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 03:52:00 am »

i believe that they get a negative thought when they are first put on duty.... so switching them kinda defeats the purpose

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 03:57:00 am »

gerkinzola: they receive a negative thought if they are drafted with no previous military experience. Not when they are put on duty. I'd have tantruming military dwarves by now if such a thing happened.

Well... at least I can try what greggbert suggested.