Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22

Author Topic: Isle: Liberación! Liberación! La tecnocracia ha llegado!  (Read 39909 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Isle
« Reply #240 on: July 17, 2012, 01:59:10 pm »

After searching through flotsam and sand, you come across a chest! Inside is an advanced weapon, made of some silvery, incredibly strong metal affixed to your usual stick.

>Take Weapon
>Send weapon home
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 17, 2012, 02:01:23 pm »

LOOT!!!

>Take Weapon
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Dracken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 17, 2012, 03:37:21 pm »

Hmm,going off of the assumption that this is Earth,we are probably dealing with the Chinese or Japanese,and if either of them have gunpowder weaponry,we are dead.
Hang on, you want us to be nice to the people??  You do realize that this is the bay12 forums, right?

GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 18, 2012, 05:31:14 am »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 18, 2012, 06:16:55 am »

You seem not to be aware how much of a tech boost we would get from sending it to be researched. Maybe we'd magically discover bronze? I don't know how this tech tree works.

>Send weapon home

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 18, 2012, 06:34:17 am »

Why would we develop bronze from studying an iron weapon? (at least I think the silvery metal is iron).

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 18, 2012, 06:37:26 am »

Just take the darn weapon, it doesn't matter what it gets the tribe, it's shiny, the chief gets it. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 19, 2012, 06:01:21 pm »

3 loot, 1 send home.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

You decide to take the weapon for yourself and head into the forest, it's silvery steel tip glinting in the afternoon sunlight.

The husks of dead trees surround you, skeletons of carbon and charcoal. Many have broken in the flame, leaving scattered bits of wood in the ankle-deep ash, and broken trunks littered about. The effect is spooky, like walking into a graveyard. One warrior whispers a prayer to MOA MOA.

The ash thickens as you get deeper into the forest. You now have a choice.

>Head west, towards Ash mountain and deeper into the forest. There is still smoke in the distance in that direction, but you doubt the volcano has any erupting left to do. The tracks also seem to lead in this direction.
>Head north, into the uncharted lands. A great many things lie out there, to be explored and discovered. However, there are no human tracks leading that direction. The ash is lighter there too.

Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2012, 08:26:03 pm »

West! Follow the tracks.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 19, 2012, 10:23:57 pm »

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 20, 2012, 06:05:15 pm »

You come to the foot of Ash Mountain as the sun sets.

Smoke billows from it's gaping peak into the sky, tiny faery-lights of spark and ember carried away into the night sky. The stars shimmer quickly behind the rising waves of heat. The tracks lead yet father up the peak, but a rockslide has blocked off the path.

>Continue up Ash mountain another way
>head north
>go around Ash mountain.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 20, 2012, 06:07:08 pm »

Continue up the mountain another way and look around at the landscape when we get there.

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 20, 2012, 10:56:18 pm »

Continue up the mountain another way and look around at the landscape when we get there.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 21, 2012, 08:37:05 pm »

You continue to the top of the mountain a different way.

Luckily for your quest, you soon merge with the tracks again and begin following a oddly picked path. It begins to rain, and thunder claps from far away. It feels like the mood is lit for dark matters, but al you find are more tracks. Perhaps some other part of the island is more appropriate.

Near the top, you notice a large man, quite tall, who seems to be wrapped in metal. He has been thrown by some force, and landed atop a spire of rock, peircing his armor through to the other side and impaling him. By the time you reach the Pale Man, he is already dead, and his armor cannot be salvaged.

You note a helmet nearby, oddly frilled with some sort of hair. His armor is scaled with the same dark, silvery metal you carry with your weapon, unworkable as far as you know. You order your men to collect the shattered armor for study, and they dutifully collect it onto their packs.

Just then, a odd, inhuman noise echoes from above the lip of the volcano. Lightning flashes, and against the backlight of the thunder you catch a glimpse of a strage, huge creature, four legged and long necked. It is frilled with long hair, and it's eyes flash as the storn rages.

It jumps away.

>Follow
>Wet yourself and run away
>Examine corpse
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22