Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Isle: Liberación! Liberación! La tecnocracia ha llegado!  (Read 39831 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle
« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2012, 10:50:47 pm »

Erect stone wall in direction of Ash Mountain. Scary fire spirits there.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2012, 01:28:27 am »

Build better housing.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2012, 03:04:14 pm »

Better Housing>Floodwater prevention. We need to make our citizens happy first.
Build better housing.
You agree with your peoples demands for Stilted housing, And begin construction immediately. They seem happy with the new houses, and have less bruises from crabs attacking them in their sleep.

Erect stone wall in direction of Ash Mountain. Scary fire spirits there.
You also start to construct a new stone wall, replacing the wooden one as you go. Your city is now completely surrounded in stone, save for the gates.

Your food stockpile is stable
Your wood stockpile has been set to GOOD
Your city is encircled by a Stone Wall
The sea is bountiful.

The scouts have not returned
The harvest was fine this year.
You have had sons!

A head has washed up in the surf. Its features are unrecognizable.
The birds have vanished
Ash Mountain rumbles ominously!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2012, 03:06:11 pm »

Set up a hidden escape tunnel, in case of emergencies.
Proud of my heritage.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 08, 2012, 03:07:03 pm »

Build watchtowers, we want to see what happens outside.

Make a stone warehouse to store our resources. It should also be useable in case of emergencies

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 09, 2012, 02:14:58 am »

Dig Mass Cellar, filled with food, resources, weapons and tools.  Essentially a massive panic room.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 09, 2012, 02:26:20 am »

Dig Mass Cellar, filled with food, resources, weapons and tools.  Essentially a massive panic room.
Cellar tend to be bad at things like floods, earthquakes and lava. We don't want to drown. Then again, we don't want to be squashed by a giant stone either, so I think we should do a part above ground and a part below.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 09, 2012, 02:31:48 am »

K. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 11, 2012, 07:20:30 pm »

I think you guys are preparing for the wrong disaster. The Volcano is fairly far away.

Set up a hidden escape tunnel, in case of emergencies.
You attempt to dig an escape tunnel, but hit saltwater a few feet underground.

Build watchtowers, we want to see what happens outside.

Make a stone warehouse to store our resources. It should also be useable in case of emergencies

You order the construction of tall stone buildings to see over the walls. Your people begin to use the freshly mined stone to build great towers as high as three men.

You also tell them to use any extra stone to build a building to store food and wood in. Construction has begun and several are already in place.

Your stockpile space has increased.
The harvest was fair this year.
The sea is somewhat bountiful.
Several children are born.
You are approaching 1000 people!

The ground is still.
A great pillar of smoke looms in the direction of Ash Mountain.
Pollen floats across the bay.
Several storms have left your food stocks wet. Some food is lost.
Your scouts have not returned, and their funerals will be held.

Several toxic berries were mistakenly grown as edible food. Luckily, no-one has died.
Stone stockpile set to LOW.
Your metal mines have hit a pocket of poison gas. A few men have died. Metal stockpiles are not added to this turn.

RANDOM EVENT!
A small sailing craft of unknown make has drifted to shore some distance from the camp. It is abandoned, but signs of recent activity surround the boat.

RANDOM EVENT!
The clerics of MOA MOA have been ousted by the cult of the dream god, MASAO! The tribe is in religious upheaval, some supporting MOA MOA and others MASAO!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 11, 2012, 08:54:12 pm »

Here's some suggestions:
Support neither Moa Moa OR Masao.
Search general area in case the boat people are alive.
Begin searching for more wise men.
Proud of my heritage.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 11, 2012, 09:26:11 pm »

Declare to the people that they may worship any god they choose, so long as neither their gods nor their followers bring harm upon the village as a whole. Remind them that, though they don't share the same beliefs, they are still members of the same tribe. Have a few people explore the area around the strange boat, and have them bring as accurate a description as possible back.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 11, 2012, 11:47:40 pm »

Remain secular, promote religious tolerance.  If there is religious violence, punish both sides harshly to avoid taking one side. 

Cull all known poisonous berries, they're worse than weeds.

Train more warriors.  I love doing this.  In the meantime, have some of your braver men approach the sailing vehicle.

Forbid any more digging until the poison gas is let out completely, away from anyone.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 12, 2012, 01:51:45 am »

Support neither Moa Moa OR Masao.
You take a neutral position on the religions, and it simmers down. The groups still resent eachother, but no significant violence breaks out in the City.

Search general area in case the boat people are alive.
As you belive the boaters are alive, you use volunteer search parties. Several men step forward, but nothing is found. Tracks seem to lead into the forest.

Begin searching for more wise men.
Your number of wise men has been growing steadily, as men who are too old to do anything else become subordinate to the wise men who spend their lives thinking.

Cull all known poisonous berries, they're worse than weeds.
While the majority of the men agree, one wise man takes you aside and whispers, "perhaps we should keep a few? We do not know if they may hold some significance in the future..."

FIRE!!!

A great fire sweeps through the forest! Animals run into town, scared so witless that they gore many a tribesman! Your people manage to kill all who run inside, but the corpses are numerous. And the nearby trees are crisped, yielding no wood. The entire forest, from horizon to horizon, has been cleared. In fact, you can now see all the way to the base of Ash Mountain, and that the fire still rages to the north of where the forest used to be. If you wished to explore westward, now would be a good time to do so.

Train more warriors.
You recruit some farmers who are no longer needed due to the recent population culling, and begin to fashion a new group of warriors out of them. They are untested, but they are given the best weapons yet and seem quite deadly despite lack of skill.

Forbid any more digging until the poison gas is let out completely, away from anyone.
Sooner done than said, as the miners had already evacuated. The gas proved explosive as well, causing damage to the mine. The miners set themselves to work yet again, clearing the rubble and sorting stone from ore.

The tribe is shaken, and looks to you for support.
A small baby boom in the aftermath of the fire has pushed you population just over 1000. You are now a CITY.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 12, 2012, 03:30:02 am »

Personally lead an expedition of the new warriors westward.

I suppose our current leader is, at the very, very least, fit, strong and agile?  If not trained in combat? 

Because if not, we gotta get this guy trained up immediately. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 12, 2012, 11:37:57 am »

Before setting on said expedition, tell our citizens (because we're now a city) that you will be setting out to find out why the forest has burnt. Assign smartest wise men in semi-control (as in, let them manage daily activities, but compile report for when you come home).
Also, have a massive celebration at becoming a city. Use all of the recently acquired animal meat in a massive feast.
Proud of my heritage.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22