Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: Isle: Liberación! Liberación! La tecnocracia ha llegado!  (Read 39859 times)

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isle
« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2012, 08:46:15 am »

Can we get a list of all the people we have in the tribe?
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 29, 2012, 12:54:49 pm »

I have so lost track of how many warriors we have...
Can we get a list of all the people we have in the tribe?
You have a small group of warriors.

I'm not doing specific numbers because I'm not crazy... Don't look at me with that incredulous look on your face, my mother had me tested.

Divert farmers from the tasks of farming to the tasks of mining (or whatever the job you do in a quarry is called if not mining) and wood cutting.

Also have the wisemen adopt apprentices, to aid them in the pursuit of their projects. If, in the short term, progress on the projects must be sacrificed in order to properly train the apprentices, so be it.
"Are you sure, sir?" One of your wise men says when told of your plans, "You could start a famine..."

1. I suggest that we try to gather some durable driftwood to add to our wood stockpile. Might as well utilize it.
2. Reassure people that the moon disappearing is natural.
3. Personally visit the palace workers to encourage them.
You collect the driftwood, but it's too fragile for construction. You make a small pile in the corner of the wood stockpile and decide to figure out what to do with nthe driftwood later.

The people are not convinced that the moon disappearing is natural. They believe some god or beast is devouring the stone of the moon, and may soon come to eat the island!

Your visit does improve spirits among the palace construction team, and you even get a small amount of input on the construction designs themselves. The palace is not done any quicker, however.

THE PALACE WILL BE COMPLETE IN TWO TURNS.
A small baby boom occurs!

All resources have been carted to megaproject. Construction will now begin in earnest.
Your unemployment is back within acceptable levels.

The moon turns a blood red, glaring from the sky like an angry eye.

Your people grow terrified as the moon glows red! Chaos spreads through the tribe, and 1 hut is lost! The moon returns to normal coloration after a few hours, and the vandals are rounded up and punished. The moon crisis is over.

BREAKTHROUGH!
 Your wise men have discovered TRAPPING! The new breakthrough allows you to capture live animals, to be killed at your leisure. As chief, you can designate animals for trapping, and your hunters will try to procure them for you. Available animals include: Hawks, cats, small dogs, and pigs. New animals may be discovered on other parts of the island, or captured from defeated enemies.

The church of MOA MOA has begun to reform its clergy.
 The new clergymen advocate peace and well being, as well as a strong adherence to authority and nationality.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 29, 2012, 01:28:41 pm »

(well I have no numbers to use so I can't decide how many farmers I can divert without starting a famine.)
And yet the food storage was full to bursting, so divert 1/10 of the farmers to wood cutting and mining stone.

Also have the wisemen adopt apprentices, to aid them in the pursuit of their projects. If, in the short term, progress on the projects must be sacrificed in order to properly train the apprentices, so be it.

(We also need a list of the things we have researched and the things we have not.)
Have the Wise Men begin researching Irrigation, aswell as the above directive.

EDIT: sorry that was kind of snarky in retrospect.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:25:38 pm by Mr. Palau »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 29, 2012, 01:42:18 pm »

Tell the people that "See, the moon came back. It was natural. Now trust me in the future when I say something will not lead to our death."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 01, 2012, 02:51:23 am »

So just to be clear, our warriors are called "scouts" and they're currently overseas?

Anyway, try to gain favor with the clergy.  Having more political power is always good. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 01, 2012, 03:03:18 pm »

(well I have no numbers to use so I can't decide how many farmers I can divert without starting a famine.)
And yet the food storage was full to bursting, so divert 1/10 of the farmers to wood cutting and mining stone.

(We also need a list of the things we have researched and the things we have not.)
Have the Wise Men begin researching Irrigation, aswell as the above directive.

EDIT: sorry that was kind of snarky in retrospect.
(I'll begin building a list.)

You set your newly freed wise men to work on getting clear water to the plants in casew of drought. They applaud your forward thinking. You also tell them to take children from the tribe and begin to train them in wise thought. This is met with less applause, but they do so anyway.

Tell the people that "See, the moon came back. It was natural. Now trust me in the future when I say something will not lead to our death."
The people don't seem to like you being so smug. They were really scared!

So just to be clear, our warriors are called "scouts" and they're currently overseas?

Anyway, try to gain favor with the clergy.  Having more political power is always good. 
You have some warriors overseas, searching new lands, but a small group has stayed behind in case of emergency.

The clergy already see you as the voice of MOA MOA, so there is no more favor to be gained.

The seas teem with fish.
There is a burst of shooting stars, which your tribesmen take as a sign of good things to come!

Food Stockpile set to PLENTIFUL
Wood stockpile set to LOW
Stone Stockpile set to LOW
Ore Stockpile set to GOOD
Metal Smelted.
Metal Stockpile set to GOOD.

The harvest was eaten by bugs this year.
Your scouts have not returned.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 01, 2012, 07:24:14 pm »

Which list, a list of the people or things we researched? or both  :D?
And yet the food storage was full to plentiful, so divert 1/15 of the farmers to wood cutting and mining stone.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 01, 2012, 07:32:44 pm »

And yet the food storage was full to plentiful, so divert 1/15 of the farmers to wood cutting and mining stone.
Full is higher than Plentiful, and if you keep having a famine your stocks will drop very quickly.

In early societies, ~80% of the population was focused entirely on food. Almost everyone and their grandma was a farmer of something. The interesting bits of society aren't farmers, but crops rule even kings.

And the stone and wood stockpiles went up since you aren't building the palace anymore.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #203 on: July 01, 2012, 07:53:40 pm »

Keep on Doing Our Stuff.

:P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 01, 2012, 08:59:53 pm »

So, if that didn't break your computer, you'll notice it isn't done. I don't have the time to fill out 10 meters of techs in one go so I'll keep adding to it whenever. Just say the word and I'll upload your latest tech tree for your viewing and computer exploding pleasure.

*EDIT* dammit, photobucket shrunk it. Where should I upload this so you guys can see it?
Keep on Doing Our Stuff.

Thou art I, I art Thou.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 02, 2012, 11:51:11 am »

Yeah, the picture (as of this post) isn't really visible. My personal favorite host is Tinypic, but I've never uploaded anything especially big. I wouldn't know if it's possible. If you wanted, you could just take off the undiscovered parts. I see a radiation symbol on the right, but we're not even slightly close to that yet.

Anyway, search for a wife (if we don't have one already) and start having our people make metal tools for farming and building. Metal weapons should be a lower priority since we are still somewhat isolated.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2012, 03:15:22 pm »

Anyway, search for a wife (if we don't have one already) and start having our people make metal tools for farming and building. Metal weapons should be a lower priority since we are still somewhat isolated.
You get married and stuff automatic, I won't kill your dynasty unless you do something stupid.

You have your tribesmen begin to work metals into tools. Due to your low metallurgy tech, you still rely on mainly stone tools, but your production has increased slightly, giving you a few more men to work with.

You divert your new workforce into woodcutting and mining. Your stocks are through the roof!

In fact, they are so full, your people suggest using the resources to build better housing. One man suggests small stilts to avoid floodwater and the snapping crabs that wash up from the beach. You ponder this issue.

Your Wood stockpile has been set to PLENTIFUL
Your Stone stockpile has been set to PLENTIFUL
Your unemployment rate is in the green zone
The harvest was fine this year.

There was a storm, but nothing of value was lost

The people demand BETTER HOUSING. Fufilling this demand will increase morale and loyalty!

The scouts have not returned.
Smoke billows from Ash Mountain.
The earth rumbles.

The seas were barren, and the fishermen returned empty-handed.

RANDOM EVENT!

The clergy hold a festival in your honor!

RANDOM EVENT!

A fisherman has invented a system of tracking how many fish he has caught. The system uses small twigs and a soft tablet of clay to mark out sigils that mean a certain amount. The new numbers are:
l meaning one
X meaning five
O meaning ten

They are combined in additive order, from left-to-right, smallest to largest. Thus far, llXO fish have been caught.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2012, 09:49:28 pm »

Better Housing>Floodwater prevention. We need to make our citizens happy first.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 07, 2012, 09:51:22 pm »

Tell our fishermen to spend less time inventing numbers and more time fishing.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 07, 2012, 10:09:26 pm »

No, tell our people that if they get a new idea, to keep it in mind, and then tell us when they finish their task.

Also, talk to our wise men about making a written language. We'll teach our people the language, and have them keep something to write on nearby so that if they come up with a new/clever idea, they can write it down and get back to work.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22