Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Isle: Liberación! Liberación! La tecnocracia ha llegado!  (Read 39944 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Isle
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2012, 06:50:51 pm »

Tell the religious that Moa Moa has devised a test of their character and strength, that he has revealed that only those who truly believe will be allowed in the land to the north, and that every few months, a delegation must return to the Home Island with food, metal, and treasure/crafts to appease Moa Moa.

This way, we get a vassal state in the north, and get rid of the religious pricks. Win Win. Until they revolt, but that'll never happen! :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2012, 06:53:48 pm »

Sending the religious to the north island could represent the creation of a rival tribe, best to handle them here and send off loyal colonists.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2012, 06:58:31 pm »

We should make vassals of our enemies, not our own people.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2012, 07:00:52 pm »

Also delare that we are the manifestation of Moa Moa.  Possibly have small shrine built in honour, but condem sacrificeses. If our people wan to worship Moa Moa allow them to work hard, mulitply, and defend the tribe.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2012, 07:01:15 pm »

Indeed. We should send the loyal off - if we send the resentful far away, they will probably take the chance to break away. We are at the loss if they break away - supply lines!

I'm semi-worried about the pollen. :/ Must be a reason it is keep being mentioned.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2012, 07:02:39 pm »

Goddamnit, send scouts for the pollen, I said that after the last post! D:
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2012, 07:04:54 pm »

I'm curious about that pollen.

Also a suggestion,
                              What if we started raising bees?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2012, 07:28:29 pm »

>Research metallurgy.
>Collect a force of loyal volunteers to set up an agricultural colony. Tell them to send back samples of the seed as well, to see if it can be grown closer to home.
>Send scouts to investigate pollen.
>Attempt to reconcile the religious by proclaiming that MOA MOA has sent you a vision, showing you that strife and division would destroy the tribe and that none would survive to continue worshipping.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2012, 07:53:58 pm »

Long term goal theocracy, so we can turn the religious into fanatical followers, or no?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2012, 08:27:18 pm »

A secular rule is probably for the best. Religion indoctrination tends to go wrong, one way or another.

On the other hand, "Suffer not the unclean to live!".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2012, 08:45:17 pm »

[The pollen just means its fertile and that that the wind is blowing southerly enough to carry the pollen to you. Of course, the implications of that could be... unexpected.]
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2012, 08:46:58 pm »

No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity!

I don't think we would be doing a lot of indoctrinating, we would just have to declare that Moa Moa, who most of our people believe in anyway, appointed us his prophet. Or we are Moa Moa made flesh etc. It would just tie us into thier religious beliefs and increase our authority.

Edit: ninja'dby Karnewarrior. If it's fertile thats just another reason to scout the region.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2012, 08:52:28 pm »

No Remorse, No Fear, No Pity!

I don't think we would be doing a lot of indoctrinating, we would just have to declare that Moa Moa, who most of our people believe in anyway, appointed us his prophet. Or we are Moa Moa made flesh etc. It would just tie us into thier religious beliefs and increase our authority.

Edit: ninja'dby Karnewarrior. If it's fertile thats just another reason to scout the region.

The Man on the Street says:"Me and my family are not religious people. We care little about the gods, or what they do, all we care about is finding enough to keep us occupied! Lately, me and my wife have been lounging about, and while that's great and all, I'd really like to do something productive for my people. Please sir, More jobs would make our whole tribe prosper, I'm sure of it."
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2012, 10:58:08 pm »

touché,nvm

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2012, 05:59:59 am »

Have plenty of bushes planted, and also recruit more warriors, use them for expeditions into uncharted land, once you have enough warriors to both guard the home adequately, and to make a full fledged expedition.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22