Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Isle: Liberación! Liberación! La tecnocracia ha llegado!  (Read 39892 times)

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
Re: Isle
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2012, 03:23:05 am »

< Build more boats, for fishing, while we do that instruct a Wise Man (or 3) to think of something we can use to catch bigger fish easier.

How many Wise Men do we have anyway?

(Domination of the seas is GO!)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:14:21 am by Heavy Weapons Pony »
Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant 

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2012, 02:58:49 pm »

Send some guys out to look for metal we can access without the use of any tools we lack.
You send a scouting expidition to look for metallic ores. They return with grand news; a enormous mound of copper ore, almost a full-sized hill, really! They begin mining operations right away, but your people need more skill to work the relatively hard metal with any precision. Some gold and silver is returned also, and is made into shiny weapondry for your warriors! Unfortunately the advanced weapons seem more fragile than stone weapons, even as they are sharper and more lethal.

Yeah, we need to depose those priests, they're getting rather powerful.  But to depose them, we need firm control of the warriors. 

Arm the warriors with whatever metal weaponry we eventually make/find.  Promise the warriors that when they hunt, each will get a small portion of the food, as a payment.  This will make them "wealthier" than most, over time, and hopefully they'll be grateful.  If not, we'll deal with it, maybe through a few "accidents".  So yeah, also don't let the priests get too much political power.
You promise the warriors payment for their service in the form of larger portions. They cheer your name and bow, thanking you for your gratiousness.

You also begin to maneuver against the priests politically. You speak to each tribesman personally to see which ways they want to go forward...

The Priest says:"MOA MOA is the most vitally important part of our society! We ask you, great chieftan, to build bigger temples, for grander worship of the gods, and to bring more sacrifices! The wealth and prosperity of our people is under the whims of the gods, we must keep them pleased!"

The Man on the Street says:"Me and my family are not religious people. We care little about the gods, or what they do, all we care about is finding enough to keep us occupied! Lately, me and my wife have been lounging about, and while that's great and all, I'd really like to do something productive for my people. Please sir, More jobs would make our whole tribe prosper, I'm sure of it."

The educated man says:" The pedestrian needs of the common man are best fufilled through rational thought and discourse. I represent a new system, which we call a Republic, which will divide the power amongst us... Er, I do mean, the people. Sure, sure, you may run the risk of being deposed by someone more skilled than you at talking, and perhaps he may not be the best suited for the job, but if that is what the people want, who are you to take that away?"

The warrior grunts:"Just kill everyone who dislikes you and everyone will love you right? And while you're at it you can kill off any pesky political issues as well."

MOA MOA says: nothing.

< Build more boats, for fishing, while we do that instruct a Wise Man (or 3) to think of something we can use to catch bigger fish easier.

How many Wise Men do we have anyway?

(Domination of the seas is GO!)
You decide to build more boats, presumably for fishing, but when you gather the wise men to think of new fishing techniques, one seems distracted by the floating pollen.

"I wonder where this is coming from?" He mutters before you smack him back to reality. The wise men have to disband but an hour later due to allergies, and little has come of their meeting.

Pollen floats from the northen bay
There is a plume of smoke from the Ash Mountain
The ocean is getting choppy.
The sky is cloudy.

The fish are swarming! A huge harvest of fish is collected!

New tech researched: PRESERVATIVES

A wise man runs from the ocean, shouting "I HAVE IT!" at the top of his lungs. It takes several minutes to calm him down enough to understand what he has, but everyone cheers when they hear the good news; salt! Boiled seawater will provide salt, which is not just a spice but a preservative, adding flavor and keeping meats fo a much longer time. Sadly, it seems less effective on fruits, and decidedly less tasty. Still, a grand discovery! You can now keep meat for so much longer!

The preistly caste is growing stronger and is beginning to exclude people.
Food is sacrificed daily to MOA MOA. He does not respond.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2012, 04:39:14 pm »

Perhaps we should start long-term plans of mysterious circumstances in which priests die.

A bit nit-pick here, but salt is actually more condiment than spice. :P

Also... uh, does anyone know how stoneage people went to bronze age?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2012, 05:07:04 pm »

They found bronze.

Jk, with agriculture, people had simply more time. They didn't need anyone of the tribe to get food.
THis resulted in free workers. These guys then done something else.
Like pottery, building instruments or mine ores out of the earth.

But, these pollens... Are they black?

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2012, 05:28:46 pm »

Perhaps we should start long-term plans of mysterious circumstances in which priests die.

A bit nit-pick here, but salt is actually more condiment than spice. :P

Also... uh, does anyone know how stoneage people went to bronze age?

They didn't, they went to the copper age first.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2012, 05:32:23 pm »

Naaah, the copper age don't exist. They really found soon bronze... Well "found".
They got the idea really fast, that copper + tin equals better copper  :P

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2012, 06:31:08 pm »

I thought they got to the Tool Age first for 800 food or so.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2012, 06:54:25 pm »

[Bronze smelting will be a quick research but you really need agriculture before anything major can happen. Also you'll need tin, obviously. You haven't found any yet, only valuable, soft metals that are hardly a better weapon than stone tools.

If it was black, it'd be ash, not pollen. It's yellow-orange]
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2012, 07:25:18 pm »

[Bronze smelting will be a quick research but you really need agriculture before anything major can happen. Also you'll need tin, obviously. You haven't found any yet, only valuable, soft metals that are hardly a better weapon than stone tools.

Maybe they think these are pollen, etc, etc...

Sacrifice on daily basis. When something bad happening, kill al priests. They're obviously guilty for this, because they don't unterstand Mao Mao, who don't want any sacrifice!

Also, preverse the fish. And search for gold. Then smelt the native gold to a ring, that encloses your head.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2012, 07:46:04 pm »

Send a scout to try and track where the pollen is coming from.

Do more berry experiments! We must figure out how to get a more stable food source! So sayeth the wise men.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2012, 07:50:27 pm »

kill al priests. They're obviously guilty for this, because they don't unterstand Mao Mao, who don't want any sacrifice!

^^^ That. Historically, many stone age/ bronze age culture's priests were killed for bad things happening.

Doubles as a good way to remove nuisances.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2012, 07:56:11 pm »

Do more berry experiments! We must figure out how to get a more stable food source! So sayeth the wise men.

Agreed on both. Also agree that the priests are getting meddlesome.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2012, 09:01:32 pm »

Agreed on both. Also agree that the priests are getting meddlesome.

The above. Isle chieftan needs agriculture badly!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2012, 09:16:19 pm »

Maybe they think these are pollen, etc, etc...

Sacrifice on daily basis. When something bad happening, kill al priests. They're obviously guilty for this, because they don't unterstand Mao Mao, who don't want any sacrifice!

Also, preverse the fish. And search for gold. Then smelt the native gold to a ring, that encloses your head.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2012, 11:39:33 pm »

Screw that.  The priests allready have enough bad shit riding for them.
1) Technicly, they had the idea for the big hunt.  If I understand it, several people died on that hunt, and nothing happend during the sacrafice.  People got pissed off about that.
2) They are excluding people.
3) Sacrafices every day, no responce from MOA MOA.
Blame the lack of response from MOA MOA on them, deal with the problem, we done here.
Look for tin.
Use bricks to make stronger buildings.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22