Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Isle: Liberación! Liberación! La tecnocracia ha llegado!  (Read 39844 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Isle
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 06:25:38 pm »

As a long term goal, let us start researching seafaring skills like Whisper said. Starting from the lowly canoe, and grappling our way up the sea tech tree to a regular ship...
  You gather the smartest men your tribe has to offer, and you designate them Wise Men. You set them all to work designing a craft that can carry a human through the water.

They sit about, scratching their heads. This may take a while, but the brain is a muscle, and it grows stronger as you use it.

Tribesmen disbanded
Wise Men gained.

Research has begun on tech: SAILING

Institute tribe-wide festival nights where young men and women can meet, talk, and dance. Tell tales of how the Hawk God has told Maku Maku that he smiles on those who wed.
  You fully embrace the new, fledgling religion of your people! One night, you have a dream:

A hawk flutters across the night sky. There are no stars, and this frightens you. There is a moon, but it is large, and this frightens you. There is no life, and this frightens you.

Then, so suddenly, a man has always been there. The man is cloaked head to toe in hawk feathers... Or is that his skin? It is hard to tell, but his eye shines from the darkness of his hood, and a voice reverberates from the ground.

I AM MOA MOA, GOD OF THE SKY AND ALL ITS DENIZENS. I AM REATOR OF THE WIND, MASTER OF THE CLOUDS. I AM KEEPER OF SECRETS AND I AM DEFENDER OF LOVE. I HAVE TAKEN YOUR TRIBE UNDER MY WING, AND YOUR PEOPLE WILL HAVE MY BLESSING FOR SO LONG AS THERE IS NEW BONDS BETWEEN THEM. MARRY, AND YOU SHALL GAIN MY BLESSING.

The next morning, you relay to your people what MOA MOA has told you. Some are skeptical, but the newlywed couples rejoice. The religious begin to search for mates.

I'm thinking about how we could utilize the ominously larger waves.

Attempt to build a raft (canoe probably too good for our villagers to make just yet)? Fishing and seaweed collecting :D

How are we in terms of housing?

In the mean time I propose we build palisades near the bay out of some clay/soft stones. I reckon the village wouldn't fare well against a tsunami unprotected :P

As a second order, you begin construction of a palisade on the northern shoreline. The waves still lap high there.

One of your Wise Men, upon hearing of your discison, prods you in the back. "The North Shore has always been calm," he says, "Perhaps a wall on the southern shore would be wise as well? We would run low on wood, but it might protect our people if we are wrong about the direction it comes from."

Wood Stockpile is now at LOW
Palisade constructed on North Beach.

A child has been born! It is a BOY and he is healthy and bouncing! His mother survived the birth. His father survived his mother. He has been named Maku Makusa, after the chief of the tribe! Congratulations!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 06:35:52 pm »

Build a temporary clay one first.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 06:37:11 pm »

Get some lumberjacks.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 06:46:57 pm »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 07:02:23 pm »

Find some fruit for the shrine. The first festival for moa moa and the people of...

We need a name for our lands.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 07:34:51 pm »

Try the kiln again.  If we can make bricks, we can make a stronger furnace/forge kind of thing.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 03:52:49 pm »

Build a temporary clay one first.
You order a temporary wall of clay contructed. It grows rapidly, with more then half the tribe working on it. By the end of the day, it stands over 5 feet tall and stretches across almost the entire southern shore!

RANDOM EVENT!
During construction of the wall, a small child starts to build his out of strange, molded blocks. A group of larger boys laughs, poking fun at the strange child. But when they try to knock it down, it stands up well to their assault, well long enough for the parents to arrive. The adults of the tribe are amazed, and the boy, only 5 years old, is offered many a girls hand in marriage. Since he is but a child, they are not married yet, however.

A child has invented bricks!
You gain a boost to your masonry!
You gain a small boost to your stoneworking skill!

Get some lumberjacks.
You designate several tribesmen "loomberjaques", or Woodsmen. They go about gathering wood from the forest to the west.

One of your new woodsmen discovers an abundance of edible plants. He gathers them and relays their location to the rest of the tribe.

Food Stockpile set to FLOURISHING
Wood Stockpile set to GOOD

Find some fruit for the shrine. The first festival for MOA MOA and the people of...

We need a name for our lands.
You sacrifice some food to the gods. The gods do not respond.

You throw a festival! Your people are joyus and rowdy, and eat well. The dent in your food stocks is small, and many women grow large with child.

You already have a name! The Aptasi!

Try the kiln again.  If we can make bricks, we can make a stronger furnace/forge kind of thing.
You order the construction of a kiln. The land is cleared, and the foundation is laid.

TSUNAMI!!

The waves grow larger, and larger! The ocean roils with fury, and spits foam high above your head. Your tribe cowers in fear as a bulge grows on the horizon, eventually transforming into a gaping maw of foam and water. The water rushes toward you faster than you ever thought possible...

!

Your clay wall stands tall, and the water is held back!

!

But not enough, for the tsunami crashes over your puny wall and directly into the village, rushing about and destroying things. Huts topple, your kiln is washed away, and fishes are deposited in quite unlikely places. Many have died this day, and though you could have done nothing to save them, you still feel responsible for their deaths.

The village is rebuilt quickly, but the lives cannot be replaced. A ceremony is held to ask MOA MOA to take in their spirits and give them shelter and wealth.

The god does not respond.

Tribesmen have died.
The village is wrecked.
Morale set to UNHAPPY
The priests are blaming the people for MOA MOA's displeasure.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 06:29:29 pm »

::) If anything is still wrecked, rebuild it.  Make the kiln again.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:58:54 pm by obolisk0430 »
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 06:47:41 pm »

PTW.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 06:51:45 pm »

Kill the priests, claim that you're the one and only god!

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 08:59:53 pm »

Dude, a religion based on MOA MOA is allready established.

Dispute the priests' claims; say that MOA MOA is testing us, and that we must prove our worth.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 09:21:40 pm »

::) If anything is still wrecked, rebuild it.  Make the kiln again.
You begin to rebuild the village.

While doing so you take the opportunity to rebuild the kiln. Luckily, the foundations you laid are mostly intact, and speed is increased.

Kiln built.
You now have Pots.
Culture increased.

This strikes you as a devious and evil idea. MOA MOA would be displeased with this idea, and it appeals to your bloodthirsty and rebellious side...

You barely manage to catch yourself before you leave your longhouse with a knife.

Dispute the priests' claims; say that MOA MOA is testing us, and that we must prove our worth.
You relay your theory that MOA MOA is simply testing them to the tribe. They seem to appreciate you trying to make them feel better, but the priests have almost completely wrested control of the religion from you. You would need their cooperation to regain any foothold on the spiritual side of people.

Random event!
  After intense meditation and prayer, a priest comes forward detailing his new world-view! It seems that he belives the world to be made out of seven distinct elements: Flesh, Air, Fire, Water, Stone, Wood, and Void. The people dismiss this as a hoax, and turn to you to punish him... Of course, you could also verify his claims, should you wish...

New Tech!
  After much observation, one wiseman puts forth an idea for a hollow log, used for floating upon the water. You decide to let him test his new craft, and soon he is almost flying across the water, propelled by a pole pushing against the grit at the bottom.

WATERCRAFT RESEARCHED.

Your wise men await your next assignment. You could focus them on one idea, or leave them to their own devices.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 11:32:38 pm »

Let the priests work out the religion bit, as long as nobody dies.  Meanwhile, convince them that you should get input on public statements about MOA MOA, considering the dream came to US, not them.  WE are the chief, the one chosen by MOA MOA to lead our people to greatness, not the priests.
EDIT:  Oh yeah, also, send some guys out to look for copper lying around.
(Before you object, that actually did happen.  There used to be places full of small chunks of native copper ore lying around.  The first metal tools were made from that.)
EDIT EDIT:  DERP, almost forgot.  Make some real bricks with the kiln.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:34:53 pm by obolisk0430 »

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 12:52:54 am »

Tell the wise men to study FARMING! The sooner we run under our own food source, the better!
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 01:11:30 am »

Better yet, tell the woodsman to bring back berries and seeds, and put them in the ground over the year. Eventually we'll get some sprouts!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22