Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 necromancer factions problem  (Read 853 times)

Stefrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
2 necromancer factions problem
« on: February 29, 2012, 01:56:07 pm »

Howdiho,

Was wondering if someone had the same problem as me, which I just figured out after several crashes.
I embarked within range of 2 different towers and before the crash I was noticing something odd.

I didnt make a screenshot in time, but I noticed several body parts getting reanimated and started attacking other reanimated parts.
Usually I do see a combat report of a Necromancer in hiding, but now only 2 reanimated undead were once Necromancers.
I believe it was a hand of a Necromancer and a corpse.

The combat reports themselves were weird, as they began normally.. stuff beating up other stuff.. but after a while they only pass through each other

Is it possible for a Necromancer to reanimate (partially) a dead Necromancer, which in turn raises his own again? (I heard about ghosts doing it)

But any way, it seems like some sort of loop. Because the longer the reports got, the more the characters started to overlap each other. Then it seems to crash.

P.S.
Are there any uses for books in fortress mode, because the hiding Necromancers are quite easy cage catches

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: 2 necromancer factions problem
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 02:18:54 pm »

Sounds like two necromancer factions lying in ambush constantly necro-ing their own armies to fight. Necromancer turf wars ftw.

Also confirmed.

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 02:22:41 pm »

dude

send that to someone with a supper  puter and let them see whats going on.

Stefrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 03:02:51 pm »

Sounds like two necromancer factions lying in ambush constantly necro-ing their own armies to fight. Necromancer turf wars ftw.

Also confirmed.

Would've thought it was confirmed, but couldn't find it. Just thought the crashing part was odd, because it did happen quite fast after the turf war (with a dead raised necromancer).
Also I didnt look for updates for a few days and there were 2, gonna try those as well.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 03:05:33 pm »

Well they have to have to visit each other's towers to earn badges before they can challenge the necromancy league.