Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Hammertime - Here Comes the Hammer [Game Over]  (Read 45211 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hammertime - Please Hammer, Don't Hurt 'Em [Day 1]
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2012, 04:37:25 am »

Native, and getting more so the more he tries to evade meaningfully interacting with any of us other than Andrew. Speaking of which:

Hey, Native! That question zombie asked you? Yeah, you still need to answer it. What do you plan to do for the rest of the day now that you've settled on your lynch target? Lurk?

First of all, how am I actively evading anything?

Secondly, guess I missed that. I don't like D1s that go on this long, it becomes difficult to question meaningfully, and there's a certain level of incompetence that starts to discourage me from participating. This game has reached that level.

In other words, unless something big happens, don't expect a whole lot out of me until D2 rolls around.

Thirdly, why aren't you bothering Andrew, who's done shit-all this entire game? Is it because he's your buddy?

Or Dariush, for that matter. There are players who've done far less than me, but I'm the only one who seems to be holding your attention.

You also dodged answering what I deflecting. You also said nothing about the fact that it was a question that would only help scum. Probably because you're scum and didn't want to admit to the scummy question.

That's another reason I'm not doing much, questioning and hunting my #1 target isn't going anywhere because of his incredibly annoying skill in giving completely useless, incomplete, or unrelated answers and my #2 pick (you) is doing a fine job setting himself up for a D2 attack.

Andrew: The content of your posts is so meaningless, you might as well not be posting. Seriously, your incompetence is staggering.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 09, 2012, 06:37:37 am »

First of all, how am I actively evading anything?

Secondly, guess I missed that. I don't like D1s that go on this long, it becomes difficult to question meaningfully, and there's a certain level of incompetence that starts to discourage me from participating. This game has reached that level.

In other words, unless something big happens, don't expect a whole lot out of me until D2 rolls around.

Thirdly, why aren't you bothering Andrew, who's done shit-all this entire game? Is it because he's your buddy?
I like how you provide the answer to your first question with your following two.

I'm not bothering Andrew right now because right now I'm bothering you. Stop trying to dodge.

Or Dariush, for that matter.
I did. Did you miss that?

His response was a lot more convincing than yours.

You also dodged answering what I deflecting. You also said nothing about the fact that it was a question that would only help scum.
No, I did. It's not.

This is a role-light game, which means that the chance of having a bulletproof townie around is... uh, just about zero.

So let's see:
- Going for the easy lynch.
- Bandwagoning (on both your suspects).
- OMGUS'ing.
- Dodging perfectly legitimate (if somewhat rhetorical) questions and pitching a hissy fit about how scummy it is to ask them.

Yup, you're scum NativeForeigner. Who's your buddy?
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 09, 2012, 07:16:28 am »

I like how you provide the answer to your first question with your following two.

I'm not bothering Andrew right now because right now I'm bothering you. Stop trying to dodge.

I'd like to know how I answered my first question. If anyone's evading, it's you. Answer the question.

You're not bothering Andrew because he's your buddy. There's no reason you can't bother him while you're bothering me.

I did. Did you miss that?

His response was a lot more convincing than yours.

Guess I did. Only puts more weight on "You're not bothering Andrew because he's your buddy" theory.

No, I did. It's not.

This is a role-light game, which means that the chance of having a bulletproof townie around is... uh, just about zero.

No, you never gave a damn answer to that. The next thing you said to me was the post I just responded to. You didn't answer a damned thing and the question is only a question that scum would benefit from hearing answered. Seriously, why would I answer "Hypothetically, what would qualify as adequately interesting to motivate you to pick at it?" The fact that you had to say "hypothetically" raised some red flags. The fact that you wanted to answer a question that's basically "What are you looking for so I avoid it?" raised even more. How does town benefit from that knowledge? They don't. How does scum? They know what I'm looking for.

What the fuck does bulletproof townie have to do with anything? I didn't say a word about it.

So let's see:
- Going for the easy lynch.
- Bandwagoning (on both your suspects).
- OMGUS'ing.
- Dodging perfectly legitimate (if somewhat rhetorical) questions and pitching a hissy fit about how scummy it is to ask them.

Yup, you're scum NativeForeigner. Who's your buddy?

- If Andrew was such an easy lynch, why isn't it already D2? Why aren't you attacking the other three players voting him?
- Apart from the fact that it's impossible to bandwagon two people at the same time (unless someone has a doublevote), I'd like to know how being the second person to vote Andrew is bandwagoning.
-OMGUSing? What? If you think I'm OMGUSing you (that's the only thing I can think of that makes any kind of sense) you seriously need to get over yourself (weak argument+vote in response to an attack is almost always an OMGUS, not the other way around).
-You mean dodging a perfectly scummy question that benefits town in no possible way. Also I don't throw hissy fits.

I'm shocked that you OMGUSed me before I even actually voted you. Are you really that threatened by me? The only reason you should be threatened by me is if you're scum, so I guess that makes sense.

Another reason it's you OMGUSing me: you can't even come up with a halfway decent argument against me (see above).

Hey, hey, hey McUseless. Why are you only focusing one guy? I thought that's what you were getting pissy at me about in the first place.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2012, 07:48:09 am »

I'd like to know how I answered my first question.
You immediately follow your statement with excusemaking, and then a question that tries to deflect attention to another player.

If that's not actively trying to deflect, then, uh, what precisely is it?

Seriously, why would I answer "Hypothetically, what would qualify as adequately interesting to motivate you to pick at it?"
To show that you have actually thought about what you're looking for, not just blowing off the accusation of activelurking with an "uh, I'll know it when I see it."

The fact that you had to say "hypothetically" raised some red flags.
No, that just means I took your word that you hadn't seen anything sufficiently interesting yet.

How does town benefit from that knowledge? They don't. How does scum? They know what I'm looking for.
Weak tea. I didn't ask for an exhaustive list. Just one or two examples to show that you had actually thought about what you were doing and not making up excuses as you went along.

What the fuck does bulletproof townie have to do with anything? I didn't say a word about it.
You were nattering about rolefishing in response to my suggesting that maybe you weren't so concerned about nightkills. I understand why you'd rather I forgot about that, because you were just throwing shit to see if it would stick.

- If Andrew was such an easy lynch, why isn't it already D2? Why aren't you attacking the other three players voting him?
Did you miss the last three pages?

Right now I'm bothering you. Stop deflecting.

Hey, hey, hey McUseless. Why are you only focusing one guy? I thought that's what you were getting pissy at me about in the first place.

Or are you just lying scum?
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 09, 2012, 08:14:59 am »

You immediately follow your statement with excusemaking, and then a question that tries to deflect attention to another player.

If that's not actively trying to deflect, then, uh, what precisely is it?

I wasn't making excuses, those were statements. They also didn't have anything to do with evading anything, so stop trying to pull an argument out of your ass, all you're getting is shit. The question was a stab at your hypocrisy, but I guess you didn't want to see it that way.

To show that you have actually thought about what you're looking for, not just blowing off the accusation of activelurking with an "uh, I'll know it when I see it."

Of course I've thought about it, I'm not an idiot. Why do I need to prove anything to you? Especially when all it will do is help scum. That, you have yet to justify. Because you can't.

No, that just means I took your word that you hadn't seen anything sufficiently interesting yet.

Mmk, I could believe that.

Weak tea. I didn't ask for an exhaustive list. Just one or two examples to show that you had actually thought about what you were doing and not making up excuses as you went along.

Those would be one or two examples that would be rendered useless by my sharing. I could have given the generic answers, but that wouldn't have been satisfactory, now would it?

You were nattering about rolefishing in response to my suggesting that maybe you weren't so concerned about nightkills. I understand why you'd rather I forgot about that, because you were just throwing shit to see if it would stick.

I brought it up in the first place because of how you managed to work it in your post. It was clumsy and reeked of "Do I have to worry about your role?" I dropped it because it was weak, and I realized that it had little base.

[/quote]

Where are you attacking the other players "going after the easy lynch" in the last three pages? What does the last three pages have to do with why Andrew isn't already lynched if he's "such an easy lynch"? Stop your damned deflecting and give me a real answer. Or are you waiting for advice from your buddy?

Also convenient how you "miss" the part where I point out how you can bother more than one person at a time. No answer to that? Also, deflecting by accusing your attacker of deflecting generally isn't effective. All I've been getting from you is "Here's a non or weak answer, now stop deflecting". You're almost as bad as Andrew.

Why is it that everytime I ask you a question that references other people, you accuse me of deflecting? I wasn't asking you to attack them, I was asking you why you weren't. So answer the question, if you can think of a good lie, that is.

Or are you just lying scum?

There you go with that "last three pages" nonsense again. The only person I've seen you actively hunting is me, so give me a real answer, hypocritical scumbag.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2012, 08:18:58 am »

EBWODP:

McUseless: You also managed to avoid saying anything about your bandwagon accusation or your OMGUS. Ignoring your mistakes won't make them go away.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2012, 09:31:11 am »

Vote Count:

Jim Groovester:
NativeForeigner: Urist McUselessNoble
Phantom of The Library:
Urist McUselessNoble: zombie urist
Orangebottle: penngo009
Andrew425: Orangebottle, NativeForeigner, Jim Groovester, Phantom of The Library
Dariush:
penngo009: Dariush
zombie urist:

No Lynch:

Not voting: Andrew425

With 9 alive, 5 votes to hammer.

There are no third parties this game- just two mafia and seven town.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2012, 10:18:00 am »

Remind me, is Dariush in this game?
Yes. Now remind me... Do you have any original arguments against Andrew? And especially any arguments that can justify you putting him one vote from hammer. Because I sure don't see any.

Or Dariush, for that matter. There are players who've done far less than me, but I'm the only one who seems to be holding your attention.
Yay for deflection.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2012, 11:39:21 am »

The question was a stab at your hypocrisy, but I guess you didn't want to see it that way.
If you don't see the difference between going after each player in turn and going after only one player until prompted by a direct question into even bothering to address anybody else...

... nah, I'm not even gonna finish that sentence, because of course you know the difference. You're not stupid. Just scummy.

Those would be one or two examples that would be rendered useless by my sharing.
There is a great multitude of possible actions one may take, and an only slightly smaller multitude of those could be construed as scummy. A great multitude of those actions are already publicly "outed" as scumtells. You could have picked two of those, if you did not fancy revealing your own private list (which I suppose would be understandable if such a list actually existed).

Quote from: NativeForeigner

Where are you attacking the other players "going after the easy lynch" in the last three pages?
You mean aside from the entire back-and-forth I had with zombie urist?

But by all means, please do continue to demonstrate that you're not paying attention to the game. It goes wonderfully with your claim to be lying in wait for scum with your super-secret checklist of scumtells.

Also convenient how you "miss" the part where I point out how you can bother more than one person at a time.
Why does it matter so much to you whether I bother everyone at the same time or everybody one at a time, so long as I bother everybody, and not just the safe lynch like you prefer to? It's not like the people I bothered before I bothered you have produced a wealth of new and interesting material since I started bothering you.

The only person I've seen you actively hunting is me,
What do you think I was doing to Dariush, Phantom and the other urist on Wednesday? Making out with them?

Seriously, if you're going to pretend that you keep a watchful eye out for scum, you can't also pretend to not notice what people do in the thread. Those two excuses really don't go well together.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2012, 04:29:30 pm »

I'm going to wait, until you two get done. :/
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2012, 04:32:37 pm »

Like Hell you are, penngo.

You have something to say? Then say it.

You don't have something to say? Then don't pretend that you do.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2012, 08:28:21 pm »

The other Urist is a little tentacle demon. 
Jim needs to put down his Valkyrie assault rifle and get back to the game, but otherwise he looks rather clean at the moment.
Can you explain/clarify?

His actions are aimless. So he's either very confused or very good at acting confused. And he's just not that good an actor.
Why does the fact that his actions are aimless imply that he is confused? And why does him being confused imply he is town?
It implies that he's either confused or pretending to be confused. And he's not good enough at this to pretend consistently.
If you have an alternative narrative that explains aimless behaviour apart from those two, then I'd love to hear it.
And being confused indicates (not implies, but indicates) town, because the scum know what's going on. It's the town that's working in a confusing setup.
I asked why. Noobscum can just as easily be confused as noobtown. If they can't scumhunt as town, why would they play better as scum?

Speculation. But OK, it's a coherent narrative that might even be true. I wouldn't wanna bet a vote on it being true, but it's not as ridiculous as the "simultaneously bussing and chainsawing for his buddy" story people wanted to tell about Andrew.
What are you willing to vote on? I voted who I thought was scummiest at that time. So far this game you haven't voted yet. Do you have any new suspicions?
I'm willing to vote whomever I think needs to hang. I was really tempted to lynch Andrew for admitting that he's deliberately and with malice aforethought flaking, but sadly that's not out of character for his town play in the games I've read or played with him. I'm still suspicious of Native, and getting more so the more he tries to evade meaningfully interacting with any of us other than Andrew.
Have you ever played against scum Andrew? If not, how can you be sure that he's not like this as scum?

I'm going to wait, until you two get done. :/
Stop active-lurking. Please sum up your reasons on Orangebottle.

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2012, 11:33:36 pm »

EBWODP:

McUseless: You also managed to avoid saying anything about your bandwagon accusation or your OMGUS. Ignoring your mistakes won't make them go away.

Goddamn, McUselessNoble, are you ever going to answer this? In three post trades with NativeForeigner with him prodding you three times about it, you haven't bothered to getting around to it. You can't just sprinkle in an OMGUS accusation and then never bother to justify it when demanded.

Deliberately avoiding questions is scummy, especially about accusations you make up on the spot, and along with your lengthy hesitation about actually voting anyone, I'm starting to get the feeling that you're scum.

Unvote Andrew425, Urist McUselessNoble.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2012, 12:03:23 am »

Vote Count:

Jim Groovester:
NativeForeigner: Urist McUselessNoble
Phantom of The Library:
Urist McUselessNoble: zombie urist, Jim Groovester
Orangebottle: penngo009
Andrew425: Orangebottle, NativeForeigner, Phantom of The Library
Dariush:
penngo009: Dariush
zombie urist:

No Lynch:

Not voting: Andrew425

With 9 alive, 5 votes to hammer.

Phantom of the Library has requested a replacement.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2012, 01:06:45 am »

Noobscum can just as easily be confused as noobtown. If they can't scumhunt as town, why would they play better as scum?
There's no reason to expect them to play better, but there is reason to expect them to be playing differently. For one, they have less reason to be confused.

Have you ever played against scum Andrew? If not, how can you be sure that he's not like this as scum?
No, and I can't, but if he's flaking both as town and scum, then it's a null tell, no?

EBWODP:

Goddamn, McUselessNoble, are you ever going to answer this?
He voted Andrew here, at which point Orangebottle, penngo and Jim had already expressed their suspicions (and Phantom had suggested that something was off about his statement), without adding much of anything to the case they had already laid out (such as it was and what there was of it). The fact that of the three others only Orangebottle had actually voted Andrew is not terribly significant to the existence of a wagon. So, bandwagoning.

As for OMGUSing, what else do you call it when someone jumps up and down about how scummy it is to scumhunt him simply because it is scummy to scumhunt him? Do you, in any of his tirades about how unfair it is to pick on little old NativeForeigner, see any particularly compelling explanation of why he should be allowed to lurk for the rest of the day after jumping on the Andrewwagon?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17