Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Am I a vampire?  (Read 4455 times)

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Am I a vampire?
« on: February 28, 2012, 09:36:17 pm »

In adventure mode I was on a quest to kill a vampire. When I finally found the bloodsucker in the sewers and killed him, my adventurer got thirsty, so I drank a few of the splatters of blood on him. It wasn't until a second later that I realized I was covered in the vampire's blood. So then I drank a splatter of vampire blood, and nothing. No "You are now a vampire!" message appeared and I don't notice anything different on my stats. I even retired so I could look at Legends mode, but on m adventurer's page it said nothing about him becoming a vampire.

So first of all, is my adventurer a vampire now, and it just doesn't announce when become one? If not, what do I have to do to make an adventurer a vampire? And is it possible to be a vampire and a necromancer?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Am I a vampire?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 09:42:26 pm »

I don't think that you become a vampire by drinking their blood. But I'm not totally sure. Time to dive into the code!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 06:26:19 am »

Bump.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 06:32:30 am »

Drink vampire blood, THEN drink human blood.  I think that does it, never tried it myself, but I've seen couple other people on this forum do something like that.  Best suggestion I've got. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:41:23 am »

Drink vampire blood, THEN drink human blood.  I think that does it, never tried it myself, but I've seen couple other people on this forum do something like that.  Best suggestion I've got. 
That brings to mind some scientific possibilities. First drink vampire blood, then drink tiger blood. See if it transforms you into Charlie Sheen.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

!!Urist Unfortune!!

• Bay Watcher
  • Binary logic. Invaders=true, MagmaPump=True
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 08:21:25 am »

That brings to mind some scientific possibilities. First drink vampire blood, then drink tiger blood. See if it transforms you into Charlie Sheen.
 hahaha thats halarious :)
Quote from: Creamcorn on March 12, 2010, 04:01:25 pm
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 12:38:52 pm »

Yup, you're cursed. Drink the blood of a sleeping sentient and you'll show as a vampire.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 01:18:37 pm »

It doesn't tell you, but if you are, you won't get sleepy anymore, or hungry or normal thirsty
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 06:51:52 pm »

Okay, but will my adventurer still die of thirst if he doesn't get any blood? And how exactly do I drain someone?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 07:03:29 pm »

you'll get a red thirst sign, instead of a blue one. I havn't tried what happens if you ignore it, someone else maybe answer that..

To feed, stand next to ANY unconcious creature and use (e). The first option should be drink blood of unconcious creature.

you may want to sneak. You can feed on animals. You can strangle an animal to make it pass out before feeding. You may break bones to make it pass out in pain before feeding. As long as the only witnesses are animals, no harm done, unless they are tame animals. Same with bandits actually.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 07:37:51 pm »

Well, thanks, but seeing as I just got drowsy and hungry it looks like I'm not a vampire. That brings me back to my previous question- How can I become one? I tried drinking all the vampire's blood that was on me and then human, elf, dwarf, and even dingo blood but nothing worked. Surely somebody knows for sure?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 07:41:42 pm »

Sleep near the vampire, see what happens :P
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 07:44:52 pm »

Are you sure it was the vampire's blood you drank? If you had companions (or had murdered some people recently), you might have gotten other blood on yourself.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 07:56:37 pm »

I'm positive. In fact, I drank all the blood spatters that were on me at the time.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 08:07:03 pm »

Are you sure it was the vampire's blood you drank? If you had companions (or had murdered some people recently), you might have gotten other blood on yourself.
How do you even murder people anyway in adventurer? I have a particularly annoying useless fortress I found with only ONE human in it and its their noble... And hes an ass...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
Pages: [1] 2