Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Where are the fortresses made in Lego?!  (Read 7305 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the fortresses made in Lego?!
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2012, 01:24:38 am »

I read tis one article about a life sized house made entirely out of legos. They even had a lego cat! Then someone stole the cat.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2012, 01:36:44 pm »

I read tis one article about a life sized house made entirely out of legos. They even had a lego cat! Then someone stole the cat.

Guy was ordered to take down the house because it was "unstable" :(

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2012, 03:46:26 pm »

Guy was ordered to take down the house because it was "unstable" :(
Must have been a load-bearing cat.

treczoks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2012, 05:49:41 pm »

In general, you are correct, but there's (at least) three obvious ways around the problem:
* Set the diorama when something exciting is happening; incoming caravan racing for the doors with a goblin ambush just behind, magma death machine evaporating an elf siege, or whatever
* Do a cross-section or other interior view, showing the much more interesting interior of the fort
* Plenty of folks do above-ground forts anyway, the Lego dwarves could be no exception
Telling a Story in Lego is quite difficult, but such a diorama could work. It wouldn't be very FDy, though.
I once tried to tell a story in bricks, but thats that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The cross-section is something I'm saving for another model. I've been saving that idea for years, now...

Yours, Christian
I fall into a strange mood. I withdraw from society. I claim a computer. I draw pictures of bedrooms. I draw pictures of farming levels. I draw pictures of defenses. I draw pictures of pipes and pumps. I start playing Dwarf Fortress!

TinyPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 04:09:10 am »

BUMP! Someone, somewhere, has done it! They have made a Lego DF scene (inadvertently? Or deliberately?)

Kibstable

• Bay Watcher
  • We didn't start the fire...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2012, 04:52:51 am »

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned http://hirstarts.com/ block dungeons instead of lego. Of course the lego blocks don't need painted, but the hirstarts blocks you make yourself.  http://hirstarts.com/goth/adgoth5.html#photos

Also surprisingly the hirstarts forum doesn't seem to have a dwarf fortress thread... Shocking!

Heres an image with no blood (yet) but there is a lever ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 06:25:34 am by Kibstable »

TinyPirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2012, 05:24:20 am »

Hey, those are pretty grand!

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2012, 01:54:29 pm »

Aw, all this Lego talk makes me remember that my mother threw mine out when I was twelve or so, because I "just made messes and had all the sets messed up and mixed together." Kind of forgot about them in the years since. Now I know what I should have had around when I spent those four days without power (tree fell in a storm on the line). By the end of it, I'd have had a Lego map of my fortress with any additions I planned to add.

Or a 1:1 incredibly accurate Lego statue of Vegeta.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2012, 02:02:42 pm »

Talking about fortresses made of legos, back in 40d we did have the opposite... a mod that allowed lego characters and civilizations to show up in your fortress!
Lego Mod
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2012, 02:46:57 pm »

I build worlds with my Legos and my cats play the parts of megabeasts with the building destroyer flag set.  Does that count?   :)
Cats are *always* building destroyers. That's just part of their nature.

Cats have also been known to play the part of Colossal enemies when jumping onto the play grid during games of Dungeons & Dragons. :D (And even the stat-block version can kill a commoner.)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2012, 04:58:06 pm »

Someone should remake the Lego mod. I'd be willing to do it if someone helped with the creature materials, tissues, body detail plans, and a basic plastic material. I could probably handle the
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3]