Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Oh Armok, it has begun!  (Read 12601 times)

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
Oh Armok, it has begun!
« on: February 27, 2012, 04:30:44 pm »

Run.

and to top it all off, the nobles are ignoring it! Just another example of how real life mimics dwarf fortress, not the other way around.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Armok, it has begun!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 04:34:19 pm »

I don't understand why they wouldn't want to take measures to protect the great lakes. Oh yeah, American government...

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 05:47:43 pm »

American Politician Logic: "Oh, it doesn't effect me or my comfy chair personally in the next two years? But it costs more than $100? DENIED."
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 05:50:19 pm »

American Politician Logic: "Oh, it doesn't effect me or my comfy chair personally in the next two years? But it costs more than $100? DENIED."
Now go maek moar sockz!

daggaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 06:00:16 pm »

My first thoughts:  8 billion a year commericial fishing industry?  In the most industrialized watershed in the world?  Ewwwwww....

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 06:05:34 pm »

Cull the vicious badger?
Protect the humble badger?

MARKSMEN EVERYWHERE, HUNTING ALL THE BADGERS!!

D:

But...

The circle of life man...

claer_runway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 06:16:03 pm »

we're all gonna die. unless the carp get nerfed again.
You can't program common sense.

like Skies of Arcadia?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/clearrunway

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 06:24:16 pm »

My first thoughts:  8 billion a year commericial fishing industry?  In the most industrialized watershed in the world?  Ewwwwww....

1. Rebrand invading carp as "Asiatic cod" the same way the Patagonian toothfish became "Chilean sea bass" because nobody wanted to eat toothfish and rapeseed oil became "canola oil" because nobody really wants to use rape as a cooking ingredient.

2. Sell "Asiatic cod" from polluted nasty Great Lakes to... somebody you don't like and have total contempt for, especially other Americans.

3. 10 BILLION A YEAR
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 06:36:40 pm »

1. Rebrand invading carp as "Asiatic cod" the same way the Patagonian toothfish became "Chilean sea bass" because nobody wanted to eat toothfish and rapeseed oil became "canola oil" because nobody really wants to use rape as a cooking ingredient.

2. Sell "Asiatic cod" from polluted nasty Great Lakes to... somebody you don't like and have total contempt for, especially other Americans.

3. ???

4. 10 BILLION A YEAR

ftfy.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 06:43:32 pm »

(Is american)

We could always sell them to china.

They keep sending us their cadmium based childrens toys and melamine based dogfood... its only fair. (Note. This is a joke. I do not condone chinese exploitation, and deplore what is happening there.)

Bonus: they already know what asian carp is, and probably the best ways to cook it. Given they have such a high degree of industrial pollution on their end, the fish from our polluted water will be "contaminant free" by comparison.

On a sidenote... is it possible to derail a thread about politics, with politics?

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 06:45:29 pm »

Let's find out!

If, assuming non-nuclear, we had another global-scale war, would the US have to ally with China?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 06:47:30 pm »

This is a joke.

[/joke about americans not getting sarcasm :P]

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 07:13:35 pm »

This is a joke.

*sigh*...  yes. Very sad and very telling that Poe's Law is a common enough occurance when dealing with others of my nationality, that saying something so over the top and obviously a farce has to hold a disclaimer, indicating that yes, it indeed is a farce. Moreso that I instinctively placed said disclaimer on pure autopilot.

USA: where being bombastic and insensitive has been conflated with nationalistic pride and patriotism! By Jingo, We Can Do It!

(Feels mentally sickened.)

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 07:18:05 pm »

This is a joke.

*sigh*...  yes. Very sad and very telling that Poe's Law is a common enough occurance when dealing with others of my nationality, that saying something so over the top and obviously a farce has to hold a disclaimer, indicating that yes, it indeed is a farce. Moreso that I instinctively placed said disclaimer on pure autopilot.

USA: where being bombastic and insensitive has been conflated with nationalistic pride and patriotism! By Jingo, We Can Do It!

(Feels mentally sickened.)

USA: Where being bombastic and insensitive is ACTUALLY so ingrained into our culture, that we get more offended by sarcasm then sincere insults, because we think they really ARE being sincere. :D
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Masta Crouton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 07:29:24 pm »

speak for yourself. i like to think i'm the decedent of all those wiseass tricky Americans.  :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9