IronyOwl.
- 3 (42.9%)
Tiruin.
- 1 (14.3%)
Cthulhu.
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: Archmage Arena: END  (Read 35171 times)

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage Arena: Turn 22: Wherein minions fail to get along nicely.
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2012, 10:21:48 am »

It was fun for an outsider to read though.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage Arena: Turn 22: Wherein minions fail to get along nicely.
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2012, 03:52:52 pm »

Self: Repair bladed glass golem
Hulking: Regenerate, guard me
Gravelmud: Guard me
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage Arena: Turn 23: Elven mages are master swordsmen.
« Reply #182 on: July 04, 2012, 09:50:28 am »

Tiruin: ((AoE spells always attack all possible enemies.))
{3}+2 vs {1}+1 - The elemental explodes at the final enemy wizard. The guardian golem sacrifices itself to absorb the blow, and finally dissipates into an inert pile of sand.
{5}+3 vs {1}+1 - Despite knowing very little about fencing, the aeromancer hits the glass golem with an epic swordstrike. He's pretty sure it shouldn't have survived that, even if it is barely standing now.

IronyOwl:
{6}+4 - IronyOwl uses a massive repair spell on his glass golem. The golem is fortified, just in time to barely survive the elf's onslaught.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 05, 2012, 09:51:39 pm »

((This was updated?! D:))

Air Elemental > Pressure compression (Sacrifice) To Gravel mud golem and anything else in the close vicinity!

Tiruin > Wind Strike! Throw my sword and boost it's force using the power of wind, hitting Irony! Make it spin to various degrees for the looks.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 05, 2012, 10:41:10 pm »

Gravelmud: Guard me
Bladed Glass: Stab wind elemental
Me: Repair bladed glass golem
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage Arena: Turn 24: Throwing your sword always works. Always.
« Reply #185 on: August 06, 2012, 03:19:15 pm »

Tiruin:
{Heads}, initiative - The wind elemental dodges around the glass golem, and sacrifices itself to attack the gravelmud golem in a burst of heavy pressure. {2}+2+2 vs {6}-1 It isn't enough to destroy the golem.
{5}+6 vs {4}+4 - The elf throws his sword, magically speeding it until it shatters the sound barrier. Despite this, it spins in a perfect sphere before striking through the gravelmud golem and dispersing most of the golemmancer's sand armor.
His amulet is fully recharged.

IronyOwl:
{2}+4, {1}(luck) - Irony repairs the glass golem, but repairing such extensive damage on a masterfully constructed golem while being hit with a sword is quite difficult. The golem becomes more fragile.

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2012, 03:20:52 pm »

Bladed Glass: Puree elf
Self: Raise sand behemoth, order to guard me

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2012, 05:56:33 pm »

"Ugh, my elemental!"

Counter-riposte! Wind strike with that sword at the Caster's wrists, to damage and probably stop any casting going on! Defang the Arcane Snake!

If the amulet of temporal distortion is ready, boost into melee and grapple IronyOwl!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage Arena: Turn 25: It's nearly over.
« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2012, 08:12:34 pm »

PENULTIMATE TURN!
Use a simple battle plan for the remainder of the fight!

Tiruin:
{4}+6 vs {2}+4 - The aeromancer magically reclaims his sword, and propels it at the golemmancer once more at extreme speeds.

IronyOwl:
{initiative=lost}
{1}+2, {2}+4 - Bladed glass golem cancel's attack: target not found.
{3}+4 - The Golemmancer tries to summon a Sand Behemoth, but his hand is lopped off during an important movement, and he only summons a sand ant. It is blown away by the winds.

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2012, 11:02:02 am »

((Weird, I voted for IronyOwl and someone voted for me? XD))

Activate Amulet of Temporal Distortion, Boost into melee and...slam into the wizard! Reclaim my sword at that range, hopefully making it go through said wizard.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2012, 01:36:46 pm »

Spam golems all day e'rry day, splitting them between guarding me and clobbering the elf. Drag him to the ground and crush him under their weight if they have to!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage Arena: END
« Reply #191 on: October 07, 2012, 06:10:47 pm »

FINAL TURN (slightly delayed by a few days)

Initiative roll! {2} - IronyOwl goes first!

IronyOwl
{1} - IronyOwl creates a golem, but the pain makes concentration difficult. He creates a glob of sand golem.
{6}+2 vs {2}+4 - The glass golem swings its blade as the elf charges at its master, hitting his left shoulder hard.

Tirun at 4 HP

Tiruin
{3}+4 vs {6}+3 / {1}+3 vs {5}+4 - The aeromancer uses time and air magic to tackle his foe at an insane speed, but he is stuck en-route, right in the shoulder he intended to strike with. He is forced to avoid impact, going instead for his sword. He reclaims it, but takes a moment to reclaim his balance before trying again.

IronyOwl
{3} - The golemmancer summons another man-sized attack golem, while his glob of sand golem guards him.
{1}+2 vs {1}+4 - The glass golem flails around wildly. Several meters away, the elf trips.

Tiruin
{4}+4 vs {3}+4 - Tiruin valiantly charges once again, destroying the glob of sand golem that blocks his path.

IronyOwl
{2} - The master of all sand golems creates a larger glob of sand golem.
{5}+2 vs {6}+3 / {3} vs {2}+3 - His golems chase after the elf, who dodges easily.

Tiruin
{1}+3 vs {6}+4 - In yet another charge, the sword-wielding lunatic successfully damages the wall.

IronyOwl
{3} - In response, the annoyed creator makes a clone of his previous man-sized golem.
{1}+2 vs {3}+3 / {5} vs {5}+3 - The golems continue chasing their foe comically.

Tiruin
{2}+3 vs {1} / {3}+3 vs {1}+4 - The elf with a deep understanding of several schools of magic once again charges with his sword, finally hitting. The glob of sand golem is slain. He spins and clips the rival mage with his sword before sprinting back away from the golems.

IronyOwl at 3 HP

Oh come on, someone just die already.

{1, initiative} Tiruin remembers he can fly, and does so. {2} vs {1} He throws a flurry of air daggers around the arena, only one of which hits his target. The effort causes him to crash in a heap, which {1}+3 vs {4} his enemy completely fails to capitalize on.

Faster! Someone die faster!

{2} vs {4} - The golems finally manage to pin the elf before he can regain his bearings and stand. He can only watch as his battered opponent slowly approaches and finally ends his life with a spear of sand to his throat.

The crowd celebrates. IronyOwl is crowned the Archmage as he mentally sorts through his newly acquired spell knowledge. The world is now effectively his, to enslave or improve.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 07, 2012, 06:19:32 pm »

((A few days? XD

Good work Nirur! Fine ending, there. Though summoners are OP...Stupid dice additions.  :P))

As the spear sank through his throat, Tiruin locked his gaze at his competitor as he scrambled weakly to grab the spear and shove it off. He could see a stoic facade, lacking any emotion in the other's face -- or was it just because of the pain coming from the wound? His hands felt gravel and minute particles of sand before losing the will to move.

He couldn't even say a parting word to the man before feeling the calm of death overtake him. Perhaps...this was a bad day to graduate?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 08, 2012, 04:51:23 pm »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Totally missed this, and had assumed Tiruin would take the day, what with his multiple actions and wind magic. Victory!

Ahhhh, no worries though. I will be a benevolent all-tyrant. :3

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 08, 2012, 05:04:45 pm »

Ahhhh, no worries though. I will be a benevolent all-tyrant. :3

"Now for the news: the new tyrant forces all good-looking boys to wear frilly clothing and parade for the populace's amusement."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]