IronyOwl.
- 3 (42.9%)
Tiruin.
- 1 (14.3%)
Cthulhu.
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Archmage Arena: END  (Read 35190 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage Arena: Turn 5: Libraries are no longer safe.
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2012, 06:57:02 pm »

Create a mass a hallucation over the entire building, part of it is making the people inside it think the doors have literally disappeared when they get close.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage Arena: Turn 5: Libraries are no longer safe.
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2012, 08:55:29 am »

Sorry, pulling out of this. Too much Man!
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage Arena: Turn 6: Of archlich queens and dwarven blockcrafters.
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2012, 06:06:56 pm »

IronyOwl:
{5} - IronyOwl orders his golem to engage the enemy, and creates a mighty golem from mud, gravel, and rocks.
{6 vs 6} - The mudleaf and branch golems have a duel as epic as such weak golems possibly can. Like a poorly-paced piece of literature, however, it goes on for entirely too long, with neither golem apparently capable of hurting the other.
Golemmancy level up!

TCM:
{1} - TCM approaches the nearest important-looking statue and animates it. Sadly, the statue was of an evil archlich queen vanquished long ago. Fortunately, the spell wasn't very successful. Unfortunately, it's because the statue contained the destroyed pieces of the archlich queen's phylactery. The power surge was enough to reinvigorate it, and the statue comes to 'life', obviously intent on achieving revenge against all life..

Tiruin:
{5} - Tiruin spends nearly a day practicing his levitation. By evening, he can reliably maintain the spell even while distracted, and with only a fraction of the power cost.

Scelly9:
{4} - Scelly9 successfully creates a flaming wooden sword-rod. The effort tires him slightly, and he decides to take a brief nap.

Tersr:
{4} - Success! The kobold manages to bend time slightly. {2} - He gets a minor headache when he tries to speed it up enough to actually be useful, and the spell dissipates.
Chronomancy level up!

Empfan:
{1} - The laughing necromancer continues his spree, and begins a chant about raising everything. A shadowy mummy-king appears, and accepts his wager.

Mcclay:
{5} - Some thirty people are now panicking in the library facility. Some run between exits, crying out in despair and sprinting in the other direction when they approach. Others battle invisible foes, while still more cower under furniture, screaming in terror. Some of the faculty from nearby buildings believe the university to be under attack from yet another extraplanar army, and head for the disaster room.
Phobiamancy level up! Mcclay is now a sorcerer.

kingfisher1112:
{5} - The dwarf decides that enough is enough. He uses his beard to soak up the blood and clog the wound, then emigrates to the nearest dwarven fortress to retire as a mason. {3} - He spends the rest of his life producing blocks, and finds himself growing bored after the second decade.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mcclay (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scelly9 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: empfan (click to show/hide)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2012, 08:17:08 pm »

Make the fears of the people I have trapped in my doom fortress come to life, literally. Also spread the fear among the entire fancilty using thelibaray as a template.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2012, 10:12:20 pm »

"I Can FLY!"

The thought flooded Tiruin's mind with glee and joy, it was as close to flying that he could get, but it would be a powerful ally in the journey ahead. He had to be prepared before venturing out into the world.

Practice Air Warding, to hopefully aid in parrying attacks.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2012, 11:04:41 pm »

Find a loungeing person and cast slow as a prank.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2012, 11:45:43 pm »

Oh god I think in this game I might get Derm status.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2012, 12:30:55 pm »

Try and find a way to instantly burn materials.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

empfan

• Bay Watcher
  • Dungeon Keeper and part-time Firekeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2012, 05:48:31 pm »

Attempt to befriend the mummy, and offer it limitless wealth from the cities in exchange for me keeping the bodies, if that fails, zombie gank

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2012, 07:16:55 pm »

Order gravelmud golem to begin uprooting smallish trees and assembling them into a pile. Attempt to animate resulting foilage golem.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2012, 09:45:53 pm »

Uses Biomorphism on a tree and tell it to fight the evil statue.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage Arena: Turn 7: Of ents, sorcerers, and chrono-pranks.
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2012, 03:59:33 pm »

Two turns remain after this one you're reading now before the arena fight.

Mcclay:
{4} (You should succeed less. You're breaking the expected curve.) - Mcclay casts a series of complex spells. In short order, several of the lesser fears are brought to life completely, while the greater fears (Such as incomprehensibly powerful plane-shifting eldrich abominations) are given partial life, such that their form and powers look to be fully powered at a casual glance. About a third of the inhabitants of the library are killed outright. The spell took too much effort, and the fear domain remains the size it was. {2} A sorcerer and his entourage teleport in to combat the threat to this plane.
He {2} prepares to cast some really flashing spells, apparently thinking this will be an easy battle and wanting to impress the onlookers.

Tiruin:
{5} - Tiruin spends the next day training himself for combat. By the end, he is much more confident in his own skills at magical defense. He should now be nearly impervious to non-magical projectiles, even if he's not aware of the attacker.
Projectile gained

Tersr:
{5} - Tersr finds one of his rivals in the class studying, and manages to cast slow without being detected. The target is quite obsessive about time management, and the results should throw her into complete disarray. One less serious challenger for the prize.

Scelly9:
{4} - It takes a bit of preparation time, but Scelly9 finds a way to spontaneously redirect his flow of magic so it will instantly ignite his target, if he's touching it.

Empfan:
{5} vs {2+2} - The necromancer attempts to bargain with the emotionless mummy-king. He somehow convinces it that it wants to conquer the world, and that a necromancer such as himself would be a powerful ally. The conversation taught him about giving undead their own minds.
Necromancy level-up!

IronyOwl:
{1} - The gravelmud golem wanders into the forest, and comes back with an armful of ent saplings. {5} - IronyOwl nonchalantly turns them into a babyent golem, which stands about eight feet tall. They complain (slowly), but cannot break their bindings. {4} vs {3} - The branch golem finally deals a mortal blow to the mudleaf golem.

There are now three ents approaching the tower.

TCM:
{4} - TCM wastes no time in animating a large tree to deal with the evil statue. {4} vs {3+1} - The archlich queen's magic has faded slightly, yet is still powerful. It's not particularly effective against the newly created ent, but the ent is having a hard time damaging the statue.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mcclay (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scelly9 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: empfan (click to show/hide)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage Arena: Turn 7: Of Ents, sorcerers, and chrono-pranks.
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2012, 04:18:22 pm »

Go back into the tower and try and find a way to animate fire itself.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2012, 05:12:23 pm »

Have his greatest fears animate before his eyes as my army of lesser fears descneds on him and further shreads his sanity. Then when all that is left is a quivering shell allow one of the greater fears to use it as a body.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2012, 05:44:14 pm »

Uh. Uhhhh. I can explain!

Explain some of the nuances of golemcrafting to the ents, thereby showing that being in a babyent golem isn't harmful and may even be beneficial to said baby ents.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13