Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2258978 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: [34.11] Spearbreakers - Prepping for reboot, now testing mods.
« Reply #11640 on: December 27, 2015, 04:00:23 pm »

No, leave it in, that's really quite cool.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11641 on: December 27, 2015, 04:15:35 pm »

@ Frog :
After doing some testing, it seems the NOFEAR token conflict with the INTELLIGENT token.
As an early countermeasure, I suggest adding PRONE_TO_RAGE:100 to Degenerates, this will make them deadly, yes, but at least they will never flee.

I will try to fiddle with values to see if making them prone to liking fighting will help.

@ Splint:
When should we approximatively expect the official launch of SBII ?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #11642 on: December 27, 2015, 04:24:33 pm »

@ Frog :
After doing some testing, it seems the NOFEAR token conflict with the INTELLIGENT token.

Of course. 9_9  The INTELLIGENT token seems to have a bunch of issues with it this version; I remember seeing something on the bugtracker about how INTELLIGENT creatures would never use interactions with the FLEE hint (ironically).

(eye roll was not directed at you btw, I'm just a bit vexed that the two would conflict, lol)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11643 on: December 27, 2015, 04:28:00 pm »

Dont worry, I didn't understand the eyeroll any other way. I too, eyeroll a lot when modding 9_9

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11644 on: December 27, 2015, 04:33:06 pm »

Dont worry, I didn't understand the eyeroll any other way. I too, eyeroll a lot when modding 9_9

I find it's usually best to keep things completely-unambiguous when communicating in a purely text-based format. It's so easy to misinterpret things if you're going into it with a bad mindset (I probably would have interpreted the eye roll as some kind of personal attack). It just keeps things more civil.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11645 on: December 27, 2015, 04:36:55 pm »

I find it's usually best to keep things completely-unambiguous when communicating in a purely text-based format. It's so easy to misinterpret things if you're going into it with a bad mindset (I probably would have interpreted the eye roll as some kind of personal attack). It just keeps things more civil.

Yeah, better safe than sorry is a valuable motto with text-based communication.
By the way, did you take the time to try the mod ? :)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11646 on: December 27, 2015, 04:47:56 pm »

No tbh. I'm really really bad at this game and rely primarily on machines for defense, so any data I gathered would not be applicable to most players, and I'm not really personally invested in Spearbreakers anymore and don't really want to sink hours and hours into playtesting like I did last time. Hope that's okay with everyone :/  I sort of figured that as long as someone was playing it that'd be enough to catch any major bugs or oddities (which it was).

E: Okay, yeah, the strikethrough bit is just me being salty that my modding skills aren't really up to snuff anymore, lol. I still didn't really feel like playtesting everything myself when I barely am acquainted with how vanilla DF works anymore.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 04:55:48 pm by Mr Frog »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11647 on: December 27, 2015, 05:05:30 pm »

Ah no worry, I can understand ! I just wanted to see if you playtested as a matter of curiosity, nothing more. (of course, more information is always welcome during the testing phase :p)

To give you an idea, this is the first mod I really playtest. I created one personal mod and helped on the Lolmod, but didn't playtest any of them. I don't know, kinda didn't feel like it even after pouring hours into raw modding.

Concerning your modding skills, they may be rusty but they are still really valuable, I mean it. You already did a lot, no need to force yourself.

Thinking about it, I hope I'm not putting pressure on anyone with my "investment". Don't want people to feel obligated to do something they don't feel like to. :x

EDIT: Degenerate related.
I didn't make the change yet, but I looked up into the raws of generated werebeasts to verify my claims on personality.
You know how werebeasts never flee despite having CAN_SPEAK and CAN_LEARN right ? They have some values on their personality that I think affect their behavior. Here are the raws of there personality values :

Code: [Select]
    [PERSONALITY:BASHFUL:0:0:0]
    [PERSONALITY:STRESS_VULNERABILITY:0:0:0]
    [PERSONALITY:FRIENDLINESS:0:0:0]
    [PERSONALITY:DISDAIN_ADVICE:100:100:100]
    [PERSONALITY:CHEER_PROPENSITY:0:0:0]
    [PERSONALITY:GRATITUDE:0:0:0]
    [PERSONALITY:TRUST:0:0:0]
    [PERSONALITY:ALTRUISM:0:0:0]
    [PERSONALITY:CRUELTY:100:100:100]

I think STRESS_VULNERABILITY:0:0:0 is the way to go. Of course, adding the rest wouldn't be a bother.
I will test this today, if I find the time.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 05:17:30 pm by Nakéen »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11648 on: December 27, 2015, 05:56:46 pm »

Finally got around to genning the thing. inspection of raws has lead me to strongly reconsider certain things.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11649 on: December 27, 2015, 05:58:33 pm »

Oh jeeze.

Also, courtesy link to the discord chat since there isn't one on this page:

We've created a Discord channel to discuss things! Feel free to join! https://discord.gg/0g2sUaS4K5R68cpr
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11650 on: December 27, 2015, 06:28:24 pm »

Alright, so two things.

1. I probably fucked something up. Only one of the er, spawn varieties, consistently spawns. so I probably botched something on the installation of the mod.
2. I'm about ready to set up a thread in modding for the mod itself and I'm willing to maintain it, if fr no other purpose than to ask if I can have the damned mod pre-installed since I am clearly a dumb-dumb.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11651 on: December 27, 2015, 06:35:04 pm »

I support this plan.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11652 on: December 27, 2015, 11:51:27 pm »

Your pleas have been heard sir ! Here are the files of the mod. Just drag every files in the raw folder and it will work !

Except the readme file and the reaction list.txt, which are just some instructions/informations.

(updated the readme, you can read it if you forgot what I did)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccgphuz9srt62o4/Spearbreakers%20Mod.zip?dl=0

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11653 on: December 28, 2015, 12:24:46 am »

Thank you sir. I'm sure I fucked something up somewhere - possibly in part to my generally not using notepad++ when i do my raw-ing.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11654 on: December 28, 2015, 06:48:22 pm »

Hey guys, guess what? The coming undead nerf means we may actually get to use an evil biome!
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 [777] 778 779 ... 815