Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2259315 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Considered to possibly fill the winter trade slot, as well as included as a very rare caste in all races.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

The trading thing would actually be really interesting. We could mod in trucks or something for them to use instead of wagons, and have them mostly sell rare materials and bits of tech.

Given that I was thinking of it in terms of particularly-nasty raiders, this sounds very interesting and I like it.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Since you can have more than one group trade in a season (although it only lets one civ per race trade) theres noting to say we cant have three or four different corps show at different times and trade different things...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Began modding ! I will begin with the weaponry and the reactions. Next will be syndromes.

Oh, how I LOVE the new additions to reactions ! Now that we can add descriptions and categories, everything will be so much smoother and user-friendly !

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can thank Amperzand for this, but SBII is now mandated to attempt construction of a giant minecart railcannon that uses depleted uranium minecarts full of lead mugs as ammo.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

If possible, we also need a modded type of overcharged powered rail, for the sheer absurdity of the thing.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

I was thinking we make a precision laser magma cannon capable of melting with precision of within 5 blocks per 100 distance
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The trading thing would actually be really interesting. We could mod in trucks or something for them to use instead of wagons, and have them mostly sell rare materials and bits of tech.

Given that I was thinking of it in terms of particularly-nasty raiders, this sounds very interesting and I like it.

Just now saw this.

Corporate "rogues," Onol-Kor clans, and Nemeans (the humans we fought against for story purposes) fill the bandit role.

I had considered having rogue elements for both (PSF and BTSC personnel turning to banditry and murder to survive,) while less belligerent or pragmatic individuals opt to trade with the locals, offering suits of premade battle armor, lighter and more manageable magnetic accelerator weapons, and advanced materials such as the nanite paste - the paste being something I am still honestly very much against.

But that also means additional tools ("crates/cases" containing the items,) said tools being nightmarishly expensive, and a place to unpack them be included as well. Acquisition being made even worse by a ban on prepared meal exports, as I find it too much of an exploit to use for a succession game.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID

speaking of weapons isnt there a new stone that reaches 150 degrees (our equivalent, no idea how many Urists) when touching water? I suggest flooring and roofing our trade depot with this stuff and when the elves come BAM, we let a pre-measured amount of water into the room, turning to steam, killing the elves and mounts off. Could also be done as a trap hallway/sally port controlled by bridges and levers.

Then we sell all the elves shitty stuff to the humans or Dwarves (or we could kill the humans too). It's the DF equivilent of boiling oil (which never actually happened. Oil was far too expensive for use with something like defences. Boiling WATER was used, however, as was freezing water, sometimes alternated)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 03:27:19 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Just now saw this.

Corporate "rogues," Onol-Kor clans, and Nemeans (the humans we fought against for story purposes) fill the bandit role.

I had considered having rogue elements for both (PSF and BTSC personnel turning to banditry and murder to survive,) while less belligerent or pragmatic individuals opt to trade with the locals, offering suits of premade battle armor, lighter and more manageable magnetic accelerator weapons, and advanced materials such as the nanite paste - the paste being something I am still honestly very much against.

But that also means additional tools ("crates/cases" containing the items,) said tools being nightmarishly expensive, and a place to unpack them be included as well. Acquisition being made even worse by a ban on prepared meal exports, as I find it too much of an exploit to use for a succession game.

So you'd have, say, a new workshop for futuretech, but it needs a "Shipment of precision tools" or something to build, and recipes for that workshop that consume "Advanced composites" or similar. Sounds pretty good, if we can convince them to show up reliably.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A modest trickle can be ensured by trade agreements.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

I just meant the merchants in general, but that, in combination with a personal D'OH moment, answers all my questions.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Work on nanites has begun and will eventually lead to the jackborgs themselves: nanites will both be a paste and a creature (said substance will be an "extraction from that creature), the latter of which might appear randomly on the terrain in small swarms (very, very low chance) and infect a nearby creature, which showcases another feature: nanites will transform dwarves into jackborgs, other humanoids into generic cyborgs, possibly something else unique for specific creatures like organic megabeasts, and non-humanoid organic creatures into...things that really wish they didn't exist: amalgamations of flesh and machinery including blobs of skin with multiple circular-saw ending arms, discs of meat with a dozen different propulsion systems haphazardly jutting out of them, brains in jars who move around using sawblades as wheels, and giant mechanical mouthes dragged along by a combination of arms and legs to just name a few ideas.

Most likely, something that'll bleed out and die after writhing in pain for a moment, but occasionally something semi-useful and more dangerous than the guard dog it mutated from, if you're willing to gamble with expensive machinery for that sort of thing.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I didn't know you were working on the Jackborgs ! I begun working on them without realizing this.

I modded Jackborg transformation as the classic workshop-boiling-stone process. Didn't use the paste because of personal preference.

Well then, what should I do ? Should I continue working on Jackborgs or pass on the torch ?

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

I've only started working on the nanites, though if you give me the current Jackborg Creature WIP it would probably cut a chunk of time out on my end. Would also give a good point of reference for the other cyborgs. We could always attempt to coordinate our attempts.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 815