Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2259402 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Alright, let's try suggesting something feasible instead BiggerFish.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Yeah, that wasn't going to happen.
Rival dwarves steal things from your fort.
If you haven't implemented it already.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

And yeah, this thread is probably one of the biggest zombies ever. Even pulping us didn't keep us down! Fitting though, considering what a massive thorn in our side necromancers were.

Spearbreakers confirmed for Grave Titan

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems like a good way to make them hostile. It shall be done.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Seems like a good way to make them hostile. It shall be done.
Woo!
I made a useful suggestion!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

Is it possible to make ammo explode if it breaks? I know that bolts can break and litter the ground, the idea of making that cause some type of reaction would be amusing.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Item-syndrome/trigger or something like that could make things like cage guns and web-throwers work or make flamers a useable weapon or have projectiles that "explode" when they tear the skin.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I'm sure Dwarves would know what materials react on impact or with exposure to this or that- would they take advantage of that knowledge?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry man, that's DFhack magic you talkin' 'bout.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There goes that idea.

Hrmm... could you give especially strong brews an ITEM SYNDROME effect to make them dizzy? The idea of a horribly drunk dwarf stumbling about the halls causing chaos is intriguing.
GENERATION 32:

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

There goes that idea.

Hrmm... could you give especially strong brews an ITEM SYNDROME effect to make them dizzy? The idea of a horribly drunk dwarf stumbling about the halls causing chaos is intriguing.
...I want to see booze that splatters out of the barrel and causes contact drunkenness because it's THAT STRONK now.
Sigtext

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something like that is coming in the base game next release I think.

Regardless, I'm going to be set back some. Had to do a bunch of yardwork and took a nap, which set back the drawing I've been working on for someone which has in turn delayed the work on my mod.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Something like that is coming in the base game next release I think.

Regardless, I'm going to be set back some. Had to do a bunch of yardwork and took a nap, which set back the drawing I've been working on for someone which has in turn delayed the work on my mod.
It's one tag, and...oh yeah, a civ mod so it has the right ethics....Yeah I can see the delay.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Splint: Progress?
Sigtext

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

I got it into my head to do some writing for this thread so that I'd be less of a parasite. I fell asleep during that process, so... I'm still going to work on it and I'm planning on it being an intro to the next fort, though I probably need to read and reread more of the Spearbreakers lore, so I have more to specifically reference. Be looking for it to arrive on this thread in the next few days. Also Splint, if it's not to much trouble, I think you should add some new fantastic beasts for the citizens of new Everoc to worship/have night terrors about. :) I could possibly hammer out some raws if I knew what to make. Particularly, since we have time to plan, this could be a good way to worldbuild for our stories, having creatures representing us/specific characters show up in engravings prior to being able to start the game. In addition, with forts being able to be run without direct influence of players for a while at a time, we could have adventure mode characters before and during the next fort's tenure... If it's not too complicated for us to handle. Also, not sure if I said, but I'd like a turn.
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 815