Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2259512 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Whoo, a Mr Frog story post!!!! :D :D :D Smileys cannot adequately convey the grin that was spread across my face as I read that. :P I laughed at a few different points too. Awesome as usual. :D Loved it. ^.^ Actually, the only thing you got wrong was that they were on the shuttlecar when the portal opened, not still in that room - so you didn't do half as bad as you claimed. :P
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

The "room" was the shuttlecar, but I realised while writing that they probably wouldn't be able to figure out where Vanya was just from what little could be seen through the portal. Prolly should have been a bit clearer that they weren't quite sure.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

It's nice to see this thread breathe with life, I must say~

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blame Fish for awakening the slumbering beast

We're like Cthulhu but sexier and more-articulate
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Dunno about sexier, but at least most of what comes out of this thread's horrific gaping orifice that is it's booze-hole doesn't cause people to literally shit thier brains. Well, unless portal get involved, in which case the technobabble may as well be a cosmic brown note to us simple-minded peasant dorfs.

Overall on the writing, it was a little wall-y (might've been a quirk of copy-pasting it, since I've had that issue before,) it seems to be working out quite well. Can't really speak on Urist since it's been so long since I've actually read anything with him in it. Dunno if he was searching so intently, but I suppose after being stuck in a place like Spearbreakers for so long he'd probably latch onto something to do for the sake of his sanity. There's a reason we never had more than a dozen idlers at any given time that I can remember.

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile

so, when you guys do get another fort up and running, can i play :)
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so, when you guys do get another fort up and running, can i play :)

Sure thing, so long as you can finish your turn or turns in a timely fashion.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is apropos of absolutely nothing but can we appreciate the fact that this silly thread has been flickering on and off the first page for well over three years now

Like, just think about it. For three years people have been logging into Bay 12, going into Community Games and Stories, seeing this thread floating in the first few pages, and wondering what the hell we're doing in here and/or how the hell we're still functioning. I dunno, but that just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

E: Also, can we get an ETA on the sequel? 'Cause I'm starting to get antsy again...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

E: Also, can we get an ETA on the sequel? 'Cause I'm starting to get antsy again...

Whenever Toady makes the next release, according to the poll. Evidently most of us dearly want useable mugs.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How else are we going to mug people for their sanity

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With mug-blasters and mug-hammers obviously.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, right, of course '^^
I must be a right mug to have forgotten them

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I must be a right mug to have forgotten them

That... Oh god man, that was just.... Just horrible. You should feel ashamed of yourself.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Oh, I missed this!!!! Waking up in the morning to a ton of new posts - I missed this. :P

Blame Fish for awakening the slumbering beast

We're like Cthulhu but sexier and more-articulate
I lol'd. :P Sexy Cthulhu. I'm afraid to google that.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I missed this!!!! Waking up in the morning to a ton of new posts - I missed this. :P

I know right?

So guys, in other news I successfully deployed the Horrors. They succeeded in crippling a carpenter, breaking the legs of a miner, broke a soldier's foot, knocked out a bone carver's teeth, and fed the rest of the  populous.

They also came in the desired horde of 10. To the unprepared, dead dorfs could ensue. It's like Spawn but more killable!
Pages: 1 ... 734 735 [736] 737 738 ... 815