Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253501 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

You forgot the engraving about me going insane.

It's a given and therefor unneeded.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Its kinda of a pity that you dident mention how the necromancers kept coming...
But you cant have everything.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the love of... That wasn't the point of it. And as I said, it didn't cover everything.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yah, but still.

It is an awesome slab though.
Highly Opinionated Fool

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

"NOTE TO SELF: If any fresh blood volunteers for Overseership and asks for a quick brief of SBI, quote the slab. Then link the PDF."
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here is the immense slab, slightly updated with a few more things.

Sanusthalsish Nish Ates "Auburnmenace The Fear of Stakes," an immense steel slab.

This is an immense steel slab. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. The object menaces with spikes of steel and is studded with gold.

On the slab is an image of dwarves and a wagon in mahogany wood. The dwarves are laboring. The image relates to the foundation of Spearbreakers in the year 200.
On the slab is an image of Stova Townbends the dwarf. Stova is screaming. On the slab is an image of a Spawn of Holistic Warrior and Fischer Strifefulrope The Blanketed Convent in Spawn of Holistic Bone. Fischer is striking down the spawn. Fischer is silently crying. The image relates to the transformation and killing of Stova Townbends.
On the slab is an image of Talvieno Diamondknight the dwarf and dwarves in cherrywood. Talvieno is surrounded by the dwarves. Talvieno is screaming. The Dwarves are panicking. The image relates to the appointment of Talvieno to the position of Overseer of Spearbreakers and the first attack by the Spawn of Holistic in Spearbreakers in the year 201.
On the slab is an image of Mr Frog [EXPUNGED] the gnome and dwarves in plastic. Mr Frog is brandishing a strange device and is surrounded by the dwarves. The Dwarves are laboring. The image relates to the appointment of Mr Frog to the position of Overseer of Spearbreakers in the year 202.
On the slab is an image of mugs, dwarves, and dwarves in shale. The mugs are striking a menacing pose. The dwarves look annoyed. The dwarves look terrified.
On the slab is an image of The Master the dwarf and the chestnut training pike Chestnut in chestnut wood. The Master is embracing Chestnut.
On the slab is an image of Spawn of Holistic Warriors and Dwarves in Iron. The Spawn of Holistic Warriors and Dwarves are fighting. The Dwarves are striking down The Spawn of Holsitic.
On the slab is an image of Spawny the Spawn of Holistic Warrior in Holistic Spawn bone. Spawny is striking a menacing pose.
On the slab is an image of Draignean Firstmoss the dwarf and dwarves in iron. Draignean Firstmoss is surrounded by the dwarves. Draignean is laughing. Many dwarves look annoyed. The image relates to the appointment of Draignean Firstmoss to the position of Overseer of Spearbreakers in the year 204.
On the slab is an image of migrant dwarves in dwarf bone. The migrants are dead.
On the slab is an image of zombies and migrant dwarves in human bone. The zombies are massacring the migrant dwarves.
On the slab is an image of necromancers and a fortress in granite. The necromancers are surrounding the fortress. The necromancers are laughing. The fortress is enraged.
On the slab is an image of Mitchewawa the dwarf and a menacing hospital in magnetite. Mitchewawa is striking down the menacing hospital. The image relates to the appointment of Mitchewawa to the position of Overseer of Spearbreakers in the the year 206.
On the slab is an image of Sus Bibandeler the dwarf, dwarves, a pick, and invaders in copper. Sus is striking a menacing pose. Sus is brandishing the pick. The dwarves are fleeing. The invaders look frustrated. The image relates to the last stand of Sus Bibandeler.
On the slab is an image of Paintbrushturkey the dwarf, dwarves, necromancers, and zombies in elf bone. Paintbrushturkey is leading the dwarves. The dwarves are killing the zombies. the necromancers are fleeing.
On the slab is an image of Fischer Strifefulrope The Blanketed Convent the dwarf and Deler Inkblushed The Union of Haunts the dwarf necromancer and necromancers in dwarf bone. Fischer is striking striking a menacing pose. Deler is dead. The necromancers are fleeing.
On the slab is an image of Vanya the Elf and Mr Frog the gnome in wood. Vanya looks resigned. Mr Frog looks annoyed.
On the slab is an image of a portal in bloodstone.
On the slab is an image of Urist Brokenspear the dwarf and Melbil the vampire in shale. Urist is striking down Melbil. The image relates to the killing of the last known Vampire in The responsible Outrageous Fences.
On the slab is an image of a forearm and fist in gold. The fist is making a rude gesture.
On the slab is an image of Duke Splint Spearspin the dwarf and oddly dressed dwarves in shale. The oddly dressed dwarves are speaking to Splint. Splint is screaming.
On the slab is an image of Devils of Shadow and dwarves in adamantine. The dwarves are massacring the Devils of Shadow. The Devils of Shadow are pleading for mercy.
On the slab is an image of Forgotten Beasts and Dauros Hushedboat The Old Legend the dwarf in forgotten beast bone. The forgotten beasts are fleeing. Dauros is striking a menacing pose.
On the slab is an image of Savero Greenpages and dwarves in giant emu leather. Savero is crying. The dwarves are dead. The image relates to the appointment of Savero Greenpages the dwarf to the position of Overseer of Spearbreakers in the year 211.
On the slab is an image of two towers, a gate, dwarves, and invaders in adamantine. The dwarves are manning the towers. The dwarves are blocking the gate. The invaders and dwarves are fighting. The dwarves are striking down the invaders. The image relates to the battle of Spearbreakers in
-all information past here has been caked in blood/mud and is illegible.-

EDIT: Also, does anyone have any suggestions for the next fort name? Nothing with the word murder or death in it. seems like there's a bunch of those.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The mighty forges of striking?
Highly Opinionated Fool

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

Whatabout Brokenspears for a name?
Bonus if its the last place of the nation.

I was trying to find a good name for my new fortress using the random(r) function, and this came up:

Lokumnnicat, a.k.a Spearchains

:o

The perfect mix of Spearbreakers and the new additions to it's world...can we use this?

Shatteredspears? Shattered's in the dictionary, right?

This may help? Hopefully?

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

So far, I've found:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:28:43 pm by Starweaver396 »
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

BLOODSLAUGHTER THE BLOODY SPEAR OF BLOODINESS

E: Or "Bloodskulls the Doomed Spear of Slaughter"

E: Or Bloodspears/Doomspears/Slaughterspears
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:06:31 pm by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So far I've personally liked the following from that stuff. order does not necessitate preference.

Spearchains
Doomspears
Jadelances
Irongroove
Hollowstaff

- My own possible ideas, two names taken from  forts I made, one of them world genned.
Spiritnets
Bronzecatch
Copperforest

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

So far I've personally liked the following from that stuff. order does not necessitate preference.

Spearchains
Doomspears
Jadelances
Irongroove
Hollowstaff

- My own possible ideas, two names taken from  forts I made, one of them world genned.
Spiritnets
Bronzecatch
Copperforest

Oddly, Spiritnets gives me the feeling that I've forgotten something Important... I'm quite confused now.
Also, Yessss Jadelancessss...
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Is there anything you guys need done for the new fort?

Something's happened and I no longer feel like dealing with reality for a while.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Is there anything you guys need done for the new fort?

Something's happened and I no longer feel like dealing with reality for a while.

Well, there's gonna be a metric assfuck of stuff to playtest in a bit once everything's converted for 40x.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

+1 to Jadelances, that's my favourite name thus far.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 815