Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253376 times)

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

Vanya's an elf, so she could still technically be alive. I don't think I want her to be, though. She'll have already done more than her share by then.

Immortals have some serious things to deal with before they are used. I personally enjoy thinking about it, but it's a slippery slope. She would have legendary in every skill at the least so that's scary enough.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Vanya's an elf, so she could still technically be alive. I don't think I want her to be, though. She'll have already done more than her share by then.

Immortals have some serious things to deal with before they are used. I personally enjoy thinking about it, but it's a slippery slope. She would have legendary in every skill at the least so that's scary enough.

Not necessarily, but she'd likely have become an exceptional stoneworker for an elf since that was what Mr Frog taught her so she could support herself while working for him.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

Not necessarily, but she'd likely have become an exceptional stoneworker for an elf since that was what Mr Frog taught her so she could support herself while working for him.

She only gained a few levels in stone worker over a thousand years? What was she doing the whole time, Stargazing?  :P
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

I liked using her because she wasn't overpowered. :P I'm having to really stretch in the next few chapters because she's starting to act more awesome and it just feels... fake. lol    I don't want her to still be around. Maybe she's still alive... but she won't be at the fortress. She's played her role, I feel. (or will have, when I finish her story.)

Maybe her kids, or grandkids, or great grandkids.

edit:

She only gained a few levels in stone worker over a thousand years? What was she doing the whole time, Stargazing?  :P
Over a thousand years?? Yeah, no, I'll just drop her and her family line from the story completely. lol   But knowing her, the stargazing thing is entirely possible.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 12:35:09 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She was competent or skilled if I recall right. Not very high, and she's spent years not doing stonework so she's probably very rusty by the end of her big adventure. Top that off with being an elf and if she managed to become a legendary mason it'd be worth noting. And I'm gonna probably max the gen at a few hundred years, to max out the amount of other hostile civs surviving.

And like before, military service is going to be for life, and possibly a requirement. A hardened populous able to meet any threat without too great a risk of morale or horror/terror collapse will be needed to face the spawn.

@ Talvieno - It's possible that she's growing into awesomeness by mistake, as many in Dwarf Fortress often do.  ;)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Trash golems are now in an acceptable state. They have a non-zero chance of making it through worldgen and can usually be killed by a squad of 30 decently-skilled dwarves in iron gear (although they tend to suffer heavy casualties). The new pulping mechanic helped a lot in this regard, as it's now possible to kill it by obliterating its lower body instead of getting a (very) lucky shot at its core. I also learned that rapid-fire attacks are terribly powerful; simply reducing the prep time of one of its attacks by 1 was enough to render it completely unstoppable.

I'm going to keep on tinkering for a bit, but should I post the current raws as they exist here for others to try out?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Why not, give a reason for your mod thread to live.

And interesting avatar by the way.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Mr Frog, I think your account's been hacked! Ppft! Good job, quit messin' with me though! ;P ( Nah, I know you're messing with Talvieno. )

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trash golems can be found here. I want to implement Talvi's suggestion that I give them variable limbs, but the Spawn take priority so I'll focus on updating those next.

And interesting avatar by the way.

Heehee, thanks. I made it myself.

Mr Frog, I think your account's been hacked! Ppft! Good job, quit messin' with me though! ;P ( Nah, I know you're messing with Talvieno. )

Pardon me, but I'm a bit dumb right now (must be the summer heat) and I'm not sure what you're talking about here :V
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remember, the spawn need a good balance of lethality. Recruits will be torn to pieces while heavily regimented soldiers will be able to match them blow for blow.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Vanya's an elf?

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
Re: Spearbreakers - Madness. Mayhem. Mugs. (.34.07)
« Reply #10586 on: July 13, 2014, 08:45:30 pm »

EDIT: Rough version of a typical Ballpoint Technology Contractor's armor and attire. Yes, a tie is part of it, you'll know where it is and can tell as such. The gun is the Dwarven railgun, and the design Dorf!Mr Frog would be familiar enough with to copy.

I know this is quite old, but seeing as there's an active discussion going on here I don't really feel too bad about it. I wanted to say that I love the crossbow trigger on the railgun :D

I'm only on page 48, but this has been quite a lovely read so far. As far as I'm concerned, I would spend actual money on an actual novel written by Hans, Tal, Mr Frog, and/or Splint.
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Vanya's an elf?

Really? Comeon, the facts that shes tall, covers her ears and has little-to-none facial hair dident tip you off?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remember, the spawn need a good balance of lethality. Recruits will be torn to pieces while heavily regimented soldiers will be able to match them blow for blow.

Eeyup. Got it. I haven't let you down yet, have I? (Modding-wise, I mean.)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Vanya's an elf?

Really? Comeon, the facts that shes tall, covers her ears and has little-to-none facial hair dident tip you off?
I've only read 6 chapters... :/
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 815