Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253355 times)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

The Master returns!

[EXCITED HISSING]

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

Woot, the Master's back! :D

Huzzah! The Master returns!
To bring doom, death, and despair in packages made from only the purest hazelnut!
I see your pun. lol
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

@ everyone who said hazlenut

*Chestnut

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Friends! Birds! Bees! And screaming tunas from the heavens above! I bring gifts from afar! Behold! The greatest thing your eyes did will shall see maybe sometimes! A giant flying vine made of the sauce of the fungus bird tree
COLLAPSES ONTO MY KEYBOARD TOO TIRED AND DRUNK TO CARE
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

So, my Marksdwarf is upset because his Husband died.

I think Toady left us some HFS. I thought it might be a bug at first, but you never really can tell.

Also, someone just got randomly pummeled to death just for being nearby when a berserk dwarf was killed... AND COFFIN ARE REALLY IMPORTANT NOW. EVERYONE IS HORRIFIED!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 01:49:48 pm by Starweaver396 »
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Interesting. I would like too see an in-depth look on how morale works, and what variables affect it.

Gone, are the days where a dwarf soldier will fearlessly charge at a 40 ft. tall bronze colossus? I think I heard something about adventurers that act sociopathically (i.e, randomly killing people) actually going insane.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spawn will need to be fearless, and dwarves will require months of training minimum to cope with the things they'll need to do to protect the fortress.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

Pfft. Mr Frog will slip a little something into the booze supply to make them fearless, you know this is true! :)
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pfft. Mr Frog will slip a little something into the booze supply to make them fearless, you know this is true! :)
Half of the "little something" will likely be for experimentation purposes, so don't think we're off the hook just yet. ;)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It'll be most likely that both Mr Frogs will be dead by the time of SBII from old age, but naming childrens after historical figures is a common occurrence in dwarf culture, as Syrupleaf showed.  ;)

As to the fearless ness we'll have at least two, possibly more castes that will face our enemies with dignity and not a shred of apparent fear. If said lack of fear is courage or stupidity however will be anyone's guess.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

It'll be most likely that both Mr Frogs will be dead by the time of SBII from old age, but naming childrens after historical figures is a common occurrence in dwarf culture, as Syrupleaf showed.  ;)

As to the fearless ness we'll have at least two, possibly more castes that will face our enemies with dignity and not a shred of apparent fear. If said lack of fear is courage or stupidity however will be anyone's guess.

Mr Frog has been shown to appear in Spearbreakers time and the future, even if we actually see/write him as dead there would be the possibility of him arriving somewhere in the middle of his ?time continuity?, at a point in time before he died.

Actually, the same applies to a sizeable portion of the Spearbreakers cast- Reudh, Urist, Vanya, etc.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

And then you have The Master, who pops up because he is The Master.

And ofcourse those poor sods who have no idea what all this shit is, and are terrified by it.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mr Frog has been shown to appear in Spearbreakers time and the future, even if we actually see/write him as dead there would be the possibility of him arriving somewhere in the middle of his ?time continuity?, at a point in time before he died.

Actually, the same applies to a sizeable portion of the Spearbreakers cast- Reudh, Urist, Vanya, etc.

There's two Mr Frog though, and both were probably about middle aged for their breed of gnome (since one was an almost exact copy, just with some semblance of empathy and morality regained over time by living amongst noncorporate dorfs, with soldiers who fight to protect others, not company interests and dorfs who work together for the common good of the fortress, more or less anyway.

Clone got left in the past, while actual Mr Frog is in the future/present, hence him being in two places. Everyone else meanwhile is either in one place or another, not both.

SBII willa ssume numerous history changes happen due to all sides saying fuck it and blasting the fuck out of eachother in the past, Joseph eventually being left in a place that he can't escape/dying and Eris mostly being demolished or so damaged it can never function as a real threat again, and a whole host of other things.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vanya's an elf, so she could still technically be alive. I don't think I want her to be, though. She'll have already done more than her share by then.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wouldn't care one way or another, she could just be in the fort as a cameo character that everyone assumes was just named after the famous one.
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 815