Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2253362 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Oh god. Joseph truly is the bringer of doom. A hilariously disproportional and fiery bringer of doom.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile

nothing really got done on the story today... I feel extremely depressed, and it's my own fault. I set myself up for disappointment... you'd think I would've learned by now. :P guess not, though.

Quote from: captainmcclellan
I have many friends who are coping with totally justified depression and I can understand it also in a very personal way.
Not sure it's justified in my case. Most of it's "Talv doesn't have a future" + "What has Talv honestly accomplished" + "Talv has a hard time severing emotional bonds and moving on".
it's the bolded bit.

I hope you meant in a good way, rather than a bad way. :P Still, it'd be nice if I was slightly less... stunning. Silences after you make a post feel ominous, really...

Sorry Talvien, I just like... I don't want to say anything until I read the whole thing, and my short attention span usually precludes me making it to the end of your stories. Plus I kinda wanna read it from the beginning, but I won't do that if it's in e-book form but I don't have enough paper to print the whole thing. It's not you, I swear, I just... internet is distracting!
it's okay, no worries - i understand. really, don't worry about it. lol   it'd take a lot of paper to print anyway.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

I liked it- but I have a feeling that those suits they stole have tracking devices or a self-destruct device...

Meh, I'm a optimistic pessimist. It's probably worse (for Vanya) then that, yippee!
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol, you know me well, then. But no, you could easily figure out what it was if you read previous chapters closely enough - it won't be an asspull.

Also, everybody disappeared...

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

Also, everybody disappeared...

That's tertiary education for you. (Urk, so many simultaneous assignments)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

I've been here. Just quiet.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

Lol, you know me well, then. But no, you could easily figure out what it was if you read previous chapters closely enough - it won't be an asspull.
Oh. That eliminates all the theories I based on the layout of the site... You only just described it this chapter. That still leaves a few though, so I still have a shot at guessing it.

Also, I don't have anything to contribute 'til the new release, so I'll just be lurking until someone else(mostly you) contributes.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile

Oh. That eliminates all the theories I based on the layout of the site... You only just described it this chapter. That still leaves a few though, so I still have a shot at guessing it.

Also, I don't have anything to contribute 'til the new release, so I'll just be lurking until someone else(mostly you) contributes.
Ditto. I haven't written anything worth reading in a while and am busy trying to super multitask, which usually results in getting absolutely nothing done. So... When I do get the next installment of the Ringo McClellan adventures written, I'll be sure to post it here.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My apologies for the delay - I'm waiting on Reudh and Splint to give me their thoughts on the next chapter before I post it. I don't want to post something with their characters unless they're okay with it.

Edit: Nope, looks like I forgot to send it to Splint. Still waiting on Reudh, though. Sending it to Splint now.

On the plus side, I've gotten through the first of the two battles that have been impeding my progress in the meantime.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 09:50:30 am by Talvieno »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

urp. Double posted while meaning to edit and ask if I was going to have to double post. Lol. fail on my part. Anyway, I'll have the next chapter up today. It's been really busy here, cleaning house.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

S'all good buddy. We appreciate the effort going into what you write for the bunch of belligerent and slightly deranged jerks- I UH I MEAN RESIDENTS.... Of this fine thread/fortress.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for the delay. I've been having internet problems. :-\ It went out the night I said I was going to post it. But, here it is - complete with a few additions from Splint - he helped me a bit on Koth's lines. I knew there was a reason I sent it to people early. :P

4555 words, Captain McClellan. :P I hope you enjoy the extra length.

Vanya's Journals, Chapter 66: A Secret Mission
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 11:45:19 am by Talvieno »

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile

Yeah, I felt really jittery through the whole thing, knowing the plan was going to fail somehow. And... it didn't. Yet. I felt that same little bit of relief, despite the last sentence.
Actual spoilers!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: I think I broke the thread...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 01:39:21 pm by Starweaver396 »
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You didn't break the thread, no worries. :P I've been a bit busy.

For those of you who didn't know, today is Mr Frog's birthday, and for some reason he requested I sing Johnny Cash's "Hurt", and post it in the thread. So, I tried. :P

As a (hopefully) added bonus, I overlaid my voice with the actual song, so there's music, yay. Happy Birthday, Mr Frog. :)\

https://soundcloud.com/talvieno/johnny-cash-hurt-karaoke
(by the way, at the end where it says "I will keep myself", the audio I recorded corrupted. :( ah well. I reordered it a bit, but it's a bit messed up.)

As to the story, stuffs. I am working on pulling everything together, so that I have a really good plot for the last quarter of her story. I want everything to be answered that I haven't answered, and that involves a bit of thinking.

And Starweaver, I'm a little crueler than that. XD I like surprising people. Something bad will happen, but not quite the way you expect. Oh, and, new chapter incoming soon. I don't want to double post, though.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 11:38:50 am by Talvieno »
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 815